+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 120 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast
Like Tree523Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Kim Kardashian's Wedding Special

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Last week Wendy Williams said that there was already trouble in paradise for the couple. They were reported to be living apart and Kim was on her way abroad for work and he was not joining her, even though he is not employed right now. I wouldn't be surprised.
    I no longer believe the typically hyped "rumors" --- because the media always creates these rumors and prints random false information that has no basis in actual fact. HOWEVER in this case, I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors turn out to be true. I felt, from the very beginning, whenever they showed Kris and Kim together --- they were very different from each in how they chose to live their lives, and what was important to them. I like Kim and was hoping that Kris would be a good mate for her, and I think that, from what we've seen, Kris is basically a 'good guy' who is very grounded --- but he and Kim do NOT see eye to eye on most issues --- and I've had this sinking feeling that this relationship was not going to do well, in the long term. There is a lot of physical attraction -- but not much more than that.

FORT Fogey

I think Kim was attracted to Kris because she was feeling overshadowed by her sisters. Kris was attracted to the excitement and fame of being part of the Kardashian circus. Neither one of those things will make a marriage. There is such a huge contrast between the way Lamar relates to Khloe vs the way Kris relates to Kim. Lamar has always seemed to look at the circus, been slightly annoyed and slightly amused by it, and recognized that it was what he had to put up with to be a part of the life of the woman he loved. Kris seems to think that he can make Kim need him so much that he can change things and "straighten her out". I thought it was very telling during a scene at Kris's bachelor party when he said something to Lamar about being annoyed by all the paparazzi. Kris was talking about it from the perspective of figuring out how to make it go away. Lamar's response was telling him it is what it is, and you figure out how to live within it. I also think that Khloe will pull away from the family circus when needed to take care of her marriage. Kim won't do the same. It seems strange to say about a relationship that was such a whirl wind, but I think Khloe and Lamar are the grown up relationship, while Kim and Kris are just a storyline.
    Moontat likes this.

It's nice to see people who look on the positive side of things. I just have not ever found much positive about any of the Kardashians.

I have no proof of this, but I have read several places that Kim and Kris' marriage was not real and done only for the tv show. They each had their own reasons to do it. I'm not sure I believe that, but if it were true, I would not be surprised.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It's nice to see people who look on the positive side of things. I just have not ever found much positive about any of the Kardashians.

I have no proof of this, but I have read several places that Kim and Kris' marriage was not real and done only for the tv show. They each had their own reasons to do it. I'm not sure I believe that, but if it were true, I would not be surprised.
    I can't see how that could possibly be the truth, because of all of the reality shows on tv, the Kardashians, have approximately FIVE (hugely successful) reality shows between all of them, and between all of the Kardashian family members, KIM is, by far, the hugest 'star' and biggest money maker. Plus, in addition to all of the reality shows, the family has HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars worth of fashion and modeling and purfumes, and other sorts of contracts, lines, and endorsements, retail stores, and not to mention all of their tv and personal appearances. In addition to all of that, Kim has made it perfectly clear from day one, that she wanted more than anything, to be in love and to be married. Frankly, I think THAT'S the real problem --- that Kim wanted it so badly, and was going through so many relationships that were not working out, that when she met Kris and was physically attracted to him (and really seemed to be falling in love with him) she was determined to marry him and make it work -- even though they really were not a good fit, in any way.

As far as Kris was concerned, I think he really genuinely fell in love with Kim, but he wanted and needed her to be very different than the way she is --- and as much as he tried to tease her about her ways, or bully her, or sulk, or insist, or whatever --- Kim is Kim, and although she probably is trying to accomodate him as much as she possibly can, it will never be close to enough because she lives a very elite, upscale 'celebrity' lifestyle and Kris is just not comfortable with all of that. He's much more a 'down home' regular kind of fella (even though he's on the Lakers and is a fairly big name, in his own right). And then there's the whole issue of the Kardashian 'circus' which, as people tried to warn Kris, is overwhelming and not going away any time soon. And if all of that wasn't bad enough, the Kardashian family members don't seem to like Kris very much, and make very little attempt to bring him into the fold --- and some of them, like Khloe, have been totally hostile to Kris.

So no, I don't think this was a contrived relationship/marriage --- I just think, sadly, it was one that didn't stand a chance from the beginning. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for the two of them.

FORT Fogey

All of the kids need to grow up period. I am not saying that mothers are not important and should not be part of your lives in adulthood, but they are together all the time, and share way too much. There is no privacy about anything. They go around talking about their butts and boobs, and pubic hair. Their sex lives are too open to each other, and for anyone to come into that it is insane. Lamar is older so I can see how he can handle it a little better, and I think he is a good match for Khloe because he forces her to be a little more mature when with him. Hopefully long term he will grow her up a little.

Kim, her sisters, and her mother just really have no talent. They are making money, but they know that the only way to stay in their current spot is to keep in the spotlight. If people stop talking about them, Paris Hilton like, than they become back to being nobodys. All these publicity stunts are going to kill their fame eventually they will go to far, and all they hold themselves up to will be gone. They need to think beyond money and fame.

I predict a divorce as soon as a baby is produced.
    Debb70 likes this.

I think Chloe is jealous of Kim trying to make her look bad and trying to ruin her wedding. Her ego is protecting her and Lamar's reality adventure. I believe she thinks Kim's might be more interesting and there is only room for one sheriff in town. I think each girl married for love. Chris is 25 or so. Life for him would spectacular whether or not Kim was there. So I believe he loves Kim. To the extent Chloe focuses on others and is negative she will be miserable. I give it the same percentage chances as anyone else.

FORT Fogey

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Thing is a lot of siblings rely on negative things for attention. If everyone would give Khloe attention for the good stuff she might stop all the nonsense. Unfortunately it is easier for Kim to be nice and calm because she is the one getting the most attention. I think this family is headed for a downfall, they need to reevaluate all this fame and nonsense and get back to what is right in life. I hardly think they will run out of money anytime soon so they could take some of the projects and scrap them. Kris is annoying as can be, and she needs to get a life other than her children as well. They all need to be a family, but also all of them need to be involved in things without each other too. They do way too much together.

I know Khloe is annoying, but I have to feel a little badly for her. She is kind of the outside one. It is hard to have a sibling that is so much more attractive and gets so much more attention than her. Not excusing her behaviors at all, but I can understand what drives her.

Only one I like is Kourtney.

FORT Fan

I think that the engagement was real. Whether the wedding was done for the cameras, or just because they choose to ignore warning signs I don't know. Okay, maybe I'm being presumptuous about the warning signs, but I thought that Kim was too caught up in her fantasy and Kris was objecting to things for the sake of objecting. He objected to assert his manhood and show people that he wasn't going to be like Bruce, Lamar and Scott. In many ways it is uncomfortable to see them together. I thought that it was telling that Bruce comforted Kim when she was going through her father's clothes, not Kris who was there.

FORT Fogey

They had to have Bruce be the one to comfort her for the sake of the storyline. It established how much a daughter misses her deceased father when she gets married. It set it up for Kim and Kris to have a touching moment at the cemetary. It also gave Kris a reason to understand when Kim decided to keep her last name instead of changing it. Did you notice how he said "Now that I see how important her dad was to her, I see that keeping her name keeps that tie to her dad". Kim never said that, but Kris suggested it because it worked with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    They had to have Bruce be the one to comfort her for the sake of the storyline. It established how much a daughter misses her deceased father when she gets married. It set it up for Kim and Kris to have a touching moment at the cemetary. It also gave Kris a reason to understand when Kim decided to keep her last name instead of changing it. Did you notice how he said "Now that I see how important her dad was to her, I see that keeping her name keeps that tie to her dad". Kim never said that, but Kris suggested it because it worked with the story.
    I haven't watched the show in ages.
    I think the main reason is contained in your quote above.
    It's just way too scripted - even for reality TV.
    I'd prefer to see some actual reality! What a concept!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread