+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 109 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

SEASON 5, Sunday, August 22, 2010 on E @10pm

Episode 1
    The fifth season begins with Kim reluctantly hosting a housewarming party in her new home after her mom talks her into it. Meanwhile, Kourtney considers moving out of Khloe's house because her sister won't let Scott visit.
    KAREN

My concern regarding Scott is his violence and out of control behavior. Recall his behavior last season on the Kardashians in Vegas. Staged or not, he portrayed himself that way with his pregnant wife. Then the scene of him trying to get into the bathroom this season on the Miami show. Violent drunks are dangerous. They often hurt people, even children, whom they contend they love and then feel terrible about it. Why can't Khloe realize that a violent drunk is not a good role model and is dangerous to her child.

Perhaps I am over reacting, but I don't think so. If she wants to expose herself to his crazy stuff that's her business, but the baby! Give me a break. She needs to seek counseling or something. Even if the crazy stuff about Scott is scripted, it's still almost as bad. For parents to portray the father of their child like that is horrific. Either way it is disturbing and they need intervention with their parenting. Everytime I see her holding that child, all I can think of is how I wish someone would take that baby from her so they can protect him. I don't think she's capable.

Scott is a d-bag and Kourtney's an idiot. I don't see the appeal.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

They are not married. At least she has been that smart.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

He must be really good at sex or something, because there's just no reason why such a beautiful, business oriented girl like Kourtney would date Scott...none. I hate to say it like that, but that's the only thing me and my friends could think of why she would want to be with him, other than Mason of course.

Anyways, the season opener was pretty bland... I kinda felt for Kim, I would be upset if I had a new home and it got trashed so early on, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4042342;
    My concern regarding Scott is his violence and out of control behavior. Recall his behavior last season on the Kardashians in Vegas. Staged or not, he portrayed himself that way with his pregnant wife. Then the scene of him trying to get into the bathroom this season on the Miami show. Violent drunks are dangerous. They often hurt people, even children, whom they contend they love and then feel terrible about it. Why can't Khloe realize that a violent drunk is not a good role model and is dangerous to her child.

Perhaps I am over reacting, but I don't think so. If she wants to expose herself to his crazy stuff that's her business, but the baby! Give me a break. She needs to seek counseling or something. Even if the crazy stuff about Scott is scripted, it's still almost as bad. For parents to portray the father of their child like that is horrific. Either way it is disturbing and they need intervention with their parenting. Everytime I see her holding that child, all I can think of is how I wish someone would take that baby from her so they can protect him. I don't think she's capable.

she isn't his wife. You think she should have her child taken away from her because the father has problems? really? Has she left the baby alone with him since the Miami incident? I just don't think a mother should lose her child over something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4046386;
    she isn't his wife. You think she should have her child taken away from her because the father has problems? really? Has she left the baby alone with him since the Miami incident? I just don't think a mother should lose her child over something like this.
    Sorry, I meant Kourtney. Any mother who puts her child in harms way by staying with a drunk, violent, hot head is placing her child in danger. I'm not sure what her reasoning is, but she needs to seek information from professionals in domestic violence. Seems she likes the way he is since she wants to have more kids with the jerk.

Kourtney Kardashian: `I will probably have another baby with Scott` - Monsters and Critics

I am not going by what is in the gossip rags, because I just don't read them. I am going by what I see on the show, where she is not living with him, she doesn't allow him to see his son unsupervised, and she is going to counseling sessions with him. I just don't see anything on the show that justifies taking her child away from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4046483;
    I am not going by what is in the gossip rags, because I just don't read them. I am going by what I see on the show, where she is not living with him, she doesn't allow him to see his son unsupervised, and she is going to counseling sessions with him. I just don't see anything on the show that justifies taking her child away from her.

I applaud anything she may be doing to protect her child. That's great. I hope she understands that that is a long term thing and not something you can slap a bandaid on for a few months and it's all over. It's a life time of commitment to sobriety and program dedication for someone with his issues. I just hope nothing terrible happens with this guy.

Watching Scott is like looking at my EX husband 30 years ago. When you are in an abusixe relationship especially with a person who has substance abuse issues, it can be difficult for you to see what everybody around you sees. You are doing what you think is in the best interests of your family when in reality you are harming your family more than helping. I didn't see it until I got very ill and had to move in with my Mom for several months. Then I called a lawyer.
    A drunk will only seek help on their terms & on their time table & not yours. My EX, after the loss of his home & family, after multiple job losses, several DUI's & abuse convictions is still drinking. That is why he is my EX.

I can not watch this show even if it is highly scripted with I believe it to be.

+ Reply to Thread