+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Quote Originally Posted by 21longhorngal;2734064;
    I just caught a few of the episodes and most of the time the focus was on Kim's butt.
    I believe that's because it's what she speaks out of.

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Brandy's Mom Sues Kardashians Over Alleged Credit Card Usage
    February 5, 2008,

Sonja Norwood, the mother of R&B star Brandy, is suing the Kardashian family claiming they used her credit card for thousands of dollars worth of unauthorized purchases.

Norwood claims that Kim Kardashian, who previously served as a stylist for Brandy, was given authorization to use Norwood's American Express credit card one time in 2004.

She further alleges in a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles on Monday, that Kim continued using the card beyond the single purchase and shared the credit card details with her family -- including sister Khloe, who is described in the legal papers as a former personal assistant of Brandy's -- as well as sister Kourtney Kardashian and brother Robert Kardashian Jr.

"Each of them, have improperly, and without any permission or authority whatsoever, made charges to Plaintiff's credit card, claiming to be employed by Brandy or Plaintiff in one capacity or another," the lawsuit reads.

Norwood claims the Kardashian clan charged "at least $62,793.83" in 2006 and "at least $57,841.82 in 2007."

"In fact," the lawsuit goes on, "Defendants actually had the temerity to use Plaintiff's credit card to charge thousands of dollars of purchases in their own stores, 'Dash' and 'Smooch,'" the lawsuit continues.

According to the lawsuit, Norwood said her "consequential and incidental damages" are in excess of $825,000, plus ten percent per year, minimum. The lawsuit goes on to say that this amount is just the starting point and Norwood is working still to figure out the full amount.

Norwood is asking for the $120,635.65, the amount she claims the Kardashians spent on her card, as well as $825,000 plus interest.

A rep for the Kardashians however has called the lawsuit "meritless."

"The charges against the Kardashians are meritless," a Kardashian rep told Access Hollywood. "Both Kim and Khloe were employed by the Norwoods and never used their credit cards without their express authorization. The Kardashian family looks forward to proving the absurdity of these claims in a court of law."

Yeah, I posted this story over at the Misc Celebrity News thread a few days ago and we were laughing about it then, too.

What I found so funny was that Kim was acting as a stylist for Brandy. Kim... who has no class and no sense of style whatsoever... acting as a stylist for someone else. That's hilarious.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

does the woman look at her credit card statement every once in a while? How did the Kardashians keep running up charges on her AMEX for that long without her having the account closed for fraudulent use?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;2786124;
    does the woman look at her credit card statement every once in a while? How did the Kardashians keep running up charges on her AMEX for that long without her having the account closed for fraudulent use?
    I was wondering the EXACT same thing....my only thought is she has some Accountant paying her bills and possibly not questioning them????

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;2786805;
    I was wondering the EXACT same thing....my only thought is she has some Accountant paying her bills and possibly not questioning them????
    They must normally have strange and high spending patterns, because when charges are made that are out of the norm, you get a phone call. I've gotten a call or two when a purchase is made that is larger or more frequent than normal.

FORT Regular

Why in the world does this show exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Chocolate;2799095;
    Because we watch it

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Chocolate;2799095;
    Yup, the typical reality tv show TRAIN WRECK....you just cannot change the channel....

FORT Newbie

This website would fall to the wayside if we didn't love the trainwrecks.

+ Reply to Thread