+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1084
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Khloe seems to be close to Rob and Both Kylie and Kendall. the girls have both said she practically raised them.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I don't detest Khloe, but I do question her judgment. Why would she think that meeting her younger sisters at an adult (over 21) nightclub for a sex themed party is okay? I just don't get it. To me that's condoning underage drinking.

FORT Fogey

My older sister bought me wine coolers when I was a teen. I think that could definitely be considered condoning underage drinking. Of course, she also set rules that had to be followed in return for her buying it -- my friends and I had to stay at my house (parents were out of town, she was "babysitting" me) and sleep over. No one was allowed to drive home the next morning until she decided it was okay for them to leave. Looking back at it now, I think it would have been irresponsible and wrong of my mom to do that for me, but I think my sister was exactly right. She was providing me a guiding hand to know how to stay safe and smart when I drank. Parents need to provide rules and expectations. Siblings don't have to take on the role of parent. Instead, they serve the role of teaching "if you are going to do it, this is how to be smart and safe". The interaction that Khloe has with Kyle and Kendall on the show indicates that she plays that role in their lives. I endorse it, but that may be because my sister helped to make sure I turned into a productive, safe, healthy rule following adult.
    MsDiva2007 and Moontat like this.

It's nice your sister helped build character and good decision making habits with you, but things from our past that worked out okay, doesn't necessarily, IMO, mean they are still good habits to follow. I think we learn over the years and should adapt from new information. Underage drinking in Hollywood seems to lead to further and more serious problems.

I think that with the huge problem Hollywood kids seem to exhibit from alcohol/drug abuse, it's very irresposible to foster that behavior in 16 and 18 year olds. Plus it's illegal. Not that the K crew think rules apply to them. Their provocative posing in very revealing suits is also very risky. But, that's how that family seems to roll.
    Duckyface likes this.

FORT Fogey

That is exactly why I think that parents need to teach their kids that behavior is unacceptable. I don't think I've seen a worse example of that then Jeremy Bieber going out to party with his kid. That is not okay. But Khloe is not the girls mom. She's the big sister and I think she should be able to treat them as such. I don't support putting parental responsibilities on older siblings. Totally different relationship.

You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I guess Bruce's kids don't really know what to say about their dad's appearance. Eventually, it's going to come out. I don't have any proof of this, but I just have a very strong feeling he is going through something and it's not Michael Jackson syndrome. Time will tell. I wish him the best.

FORT Fogey

I still think that he's gonig through a "I'm no longer with Kris and I'll do what I want to" phase. When a person transgender person goes through that change, there is A LOT more to it than the physical. I just don't think Bruce has ever showed any signs in his personality of identifying more as a woman.

From the documentaries I had watched, not all transgendered people showed outward signs. In fact, many of them were met with shock when they announced it. Here's a clip about one of the USA's top sex reassignment surgeons. Dr. Marci Bowers. She was a male before she transitioned. If you didn't know, you would never guess she was born a he. AND Marci is still married to her WIFE. Her wife and children live in another state, but maintain a relationship, visitation and a marriage, though Marci lives with a female lover. Keep in mind Marci was born male and has a female lover, so technically, she is not a homosexual. Right? It's confusing....

Transgender M.D. - YouTube

FORT Fogey

I have a friend I grew up with who was born male, and is now female and a lesbian. She'd tell you she is homosexual, because her current gender matters to her more than what she was born. When she told me and other friends of her plans, we were shocked. At times, it still shocks me. But at the same time, once I knew I could look back and recognize personality traits that gave clues. They were not overt, but they were there once you had the benefit of hindsight. With Bruce, I just don't see that.

+ Reply to Thread