+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1101
Like Tree398Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Kendall has on FB alone, 2.9 MILLION followers

Kylie has on FB 1.9 MILLION followers.

I have no clue how many follow them on Twitter.

They HAVE followers and millions. I am NOT saying they are not nice girls. I am saying their BEHAVIOR is disturbing.

21 and over sex-themed Nightclubs and underage drinking. How is that someone that you want your underage daughter following?

We have two articles on here of this happening TWICE now, (one article dated 10/16 and one article dated 10/24) where are their parents?
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

They may have more followers but are certainly not the only teens to rebel and break the law as has already been said. There are some cases where kids behave badly because its what their parents teach. There are ALOT more cases where kids do stupid things because part of the development of teen years is experimenting with freedom, rebelling against rules and feeling consequences. It is normal human development. More often than not the agents are exactly where many of ours were in those years - home, frustrated, punishing their kids and also giving them unconditional love. I think it's highly unrealistic to pretend this behavior is abnormal. I also know of many great upstanding citizen adults who did things like this as teens, were punished for it, and grew up to behave better. I've seen nothing in Kylie and Kendall to indicate they can't be the same.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Kylie just turned 16, so for her to be so free as to party and obviously drink at a 21 age club so freely, leads me to believe that she has no reason to be concerned about it. I can't see her mom being too bothered by it, as long as she got some publicity from it. Places in NC that serve to underage patrons are severely punished. I bet that won't happen with them. Money is so handy.

I would think that the substance abuse issues that so many LA teen celebs encountered, such as Lindsay, would make a family more aware of the dangers of underage drinking. It's not that they just are kicking up their heels, it's that binge drinking can lead to abuse and addiction. There's plenty of time to become an alcoholic once you're an adult.

I have seen the K crew pay a lot of lip service to "family," but the way I have seen them treat each other on tv is attrocious. I've never even spoken to an enemy the way they have their own family members repeatedly. That's one reason I stopped watching. They showed no respect for anyone in their family, sisters, brother, step-dad, etc. And even if you wonder if they are just doing that for drama on their show, it still makes no difference, IMO. If you are low enough to trash talk your family and then yell to the media that your show is completely true, then that's how I'll take it. They either really treat their family members that way or they lie and say they treat their family members that way.
    momrek06 and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Kylie just turned 16, so for her to be so free as to party and obviously drink at a 21 age club so freely, leads me to believe that she has no reason to be concerned about it. I can't see her mom being too bothered by it, as long as she got some publicity from it. Places in NC that serve to underage patrons are severely punished. I bet that won't happen with them. Money is so handy.

I would think that the substance abuse issues that so many LA teen celebs encountered, such as Lindsay, would make a family more aware of the dangers of underage drinking. It's not that they just are kicking up their heels, it's that binge drinking can lead to abuse and addiction. There's plenty of time to become an alcoholic once you're an adult.

I have seen the K crew pay a lot of lip service to "family," but the way I have seen them treat each other on tv is attrocious. I've never even spoken to an enemy the way they have their own family members repeatedly. That's one reason I stopped watching. They showed no respect for anyone in their family, sisters, brother, step-dad, etc. And even if you wonder if they are just doing that for drama on their show, it still makes no difference, IMO. If you are low enough to trash talk your family and then yell to the media that your show is completely true, then that's how I'll take it. They either really treat their family members that way or they lie and say they treat their family members that way.
    As usual, Debb, another great post.

I, as well, stopped watching THIS year.

Now if the K's just were not constantly on my news feeds due to their usual 'media' nonsense, I would be very happy.
    TRAIN WRECK.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Momrek, I hope that you don't take this the wrong way. I know people post in threads about shows as both fans and detractors, and I enjoy the points of view of both. But I've seen you complain about not being able to get away from the Kardashians a few times now, and each time I've wondered - if you want to get away from them, why click the thread? There are things I don't like but still seek out discussion about. It makes me feel good to express my dislike. But I get confused by what seems like a conflict of "can't get away" and "keep on seeking".
    momrek06 and MsDiva2007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Momrek, I hope that you don't take this the wrong way. I know people post in threads about shows as both fans and detractors, and I enjoy the points of view of both. But I've seen you complain about not being able to get away from the Kardashians a few times now, and each time I've wondered - if you want to get away from them, why click the thread? There are things I don't like but still seek out discussion about. It makes me feel good to express my dislike. But I get confused by what seems like a conflict of "can't get away" and "keep on seeking".
    You are right. I need to stop coming here to this thread.

(No worries, I am fine with your point of view.)
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    You are right. I need to stop coming here to this thread.

(No worries, I am fine with your point of view.)
    You can PM me and we can bash them
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think I come here to see if there is something I'm missing and to get new news. And it is like a train wreck.

I certainly don't know everything about them, however, I've never found much of anything redeeming. It's sad really. Those young girls have such potential. I wish them the best. Their family background is scary, IMO.

OMG Bachelor Ben is supposedly dating Kris Jenner - LMAO. Now I've seen everything....
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

FORT Fogey

What is with all these reality show divorcees coupling off with such young men? Adrieene from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is on her second young boyfriend since splitting with her husband, and now Kris with Ben? My guess is that the guys are drawn to them because of the easy chance for fame?
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread