+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1092
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I never said she was out of shape but she does have a butt the size of Dallas and what was her point of showing it. I can't imagine trying to fit clothes unless you have them tailored with her large boobs and big butt.

This is a Hollywood romance so we will see how long it lasts. I wish them all the best especially now that a baby is involved. I still haven't figured out how they became so popular for not doing anything. Just my two cents not that it matters.
    Once the sex tape was out there, I think Kris decided to pimp all her daughters and their lives.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Once the sex tape was out there, I think Kris decided to pimp all her daughters and their lives.
    They built an empire out of it.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I'm growing kind of tired of the claims that the Kardashians are famous for not doing anything. They do a lot -- the reality show, a clothing line, fragrances. Kim also has been modelling for a long time. I realize there are a lot of people who don't think a reality show (or an empire of reality shows) is doing much. But if you look at the number of reality shows that flop, and those that fizzle after a year or two, they've managed to do something to keep their shows popular for as long as they have. They found a way to balance a life that some people envy and aspire to with having elements that many people can relate to - sibling rivalry, different family members struggling to fit in, etc. Their show has been on the air as long as it has because they manage to produce an entertaining show that many people enjoy watching. It's not for everyone - nothing is. I don't understand the excitement and draw of various vampire movies, books, and TV shows. It's not my cup of tea. But I don't question why on earth there is a vampire craze - people like things that I don't and I'm good with that. The Kardashians saw an opportunity and they took it. That is why they are famous.
    Yes, they do do allot (for THEMSELVES) but for just once I would like to see them devote themselves to a charity. JMHO.

Last year, I saw a picture of Kim coming out of Harrod's in London where she had bought herself the latest greatest PURSE and the cost of this purse was $30,000.00.

Are.you.kidding.me. Good, good for Kim, but why flaunt it?

Do you know what a soup kitchen or a homeless shelter could do with $30,000.00? And Kim is showing us her PURSE. Gawd.

Please Kim and Kanye, do us all a favor and go be PRIVATE like you state in every other interview.

KAREN

FORT Fogey

Putting my response back in context, I was responding to a statement that they are famous for doing nothing. To convert it over to what they do for charity is another concern entirely. I personally think a lot of celebrities are damned if they do and damned if they don't when it comes to charity. If Kim wrote huge checks and made a public spectacle of her charity work, I'm sure there would be many who criticized her for only doing it for the publicity. The truth is, we have no idea what happens entirely in the life of a celebrity. Kim could be entirely self centered and keep every dime to herself. Or, she and other family members may donate huge sums of money, and do it in a private manner because it's not our business. For years people blasted Oprah for having a school for girls in Africa, but not doing anything for people in the US. Then, as her show was ending, a huge collection of men who had attended Morehouse College because of scholarships funded by Oprah paraded onto the stage at the United Center and people realized how wrong the criticism had been. Oprah never publicized it to fight the criticism because she did it because it was the right thing to do - not for publicity. I'm not saying that Kim is as dedicated to making lives better as Oprah is. I have no idea what she does when she's not in front of cameras. But just because we don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. And if it doesn't - different people do different things. She would certainly not be the only self-centered not generous celebrity out there. And many of the expensive things she wears / carries / has are not bought by her. Part of her fortune has been made being paid to carry and wear things by designers hoping to promote a trend. But again, none of this has to do with a response to whether or not the Kardashians are famous for doing nothing.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I don't watch this show, never have but I know what is going on. It cannot be avoided. I used to like E! News but that has turned into another Kardashian show! I get it that this network doesn't have much else going on but certainly it has room to report other stuff.
    Moontat and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't watch this show, never have but I know what is going on. It cannot be avoided. I used to like E! News but that has turned into another Kardashian show! I get it that this network doesn't have much else going on but certainly it has room to report other stuff.
    Shoepie, we have it on our news, we tune into the regular news and they tell us these two are engaged and how. I cannot get away from it!! SMH
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Shoepie, we have it on our news, we tune into the regular news and they tell us these two are engaged and how. I cannot get away from it!! SMH
    Oh yes, me too. They are mentioned everywhere.

So does anyone have any proof that they give no money to charity? Everyone who donates money doesn't find a need to shout it from the rooftops. I know what I am talking about because I have the pleasure of working with a lot of athletes and helping them with organizing events for their particular charities and people would be surprised how truly involved people are with their charities.

I am not sure what is wrong with people enjoying the fruits of their labor by buying nice things they like. I drop obscene amounts on handbags and shoes and have no shame in my purchases I worked hard for the right to spend it.

Kim Kardashian has supported the following charities:

Alzheimer's Association
    American Foundation for AIDS Research
    Diamond Empowerment Fund
    Dream Foundation
    Elton John AIDS Foundation
    Generation Rescue
    I Heart My Girlfriends
    Make It Right
    Mattel Children's Hospital
    Nancy Davis Foundation for Multiple Sclerosis
    Operation Once in a Lifetime
    Skin Cancer Foundation
    Soles4Souls
    The Salvation Army
    True Colors Fund
    We Advance
    Kanye West has supported the following charities:

Common Ground Foundation
    Doctors Without Borders
    Dr. Donda West Foundation
    Food Bank For New York City
    GRAMMY Foundation
    Habitat For Humanity
    Human Rights Watch
    LIFEbeat
    Live 8
    Live Earth
    Make It Right
    Mission Australia
    MusiCares
    Oxfam
    Red Cross
    Stand Up To Cancer
    The Art of Elysium
    The Lunchbox Fund
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 10-24-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    Imperfect1 and AcookerTV like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Everyone who donates money doesn't find a need to shout it from the rooftops. I know what I am talking about because I have the pleasure of working with a lot of athletes and helping them with organizing events for their particular charities and people would be surprised how truly involved people are with their charities.

The K's and KW are so disliked by many by THEIR OWN ACTIONS.

I think IF they did LET THE PUBLIC know they are really NOT all that FLAUNTING with their money; $30,000.00 purses and 15 carat diamond rings, and showed us more doing CHARITY WORK,
    I think that MAYBE just MAYBE they may be more liked. Maybe they SHOULD shout it from the rooftops, it might help more people in liking them.

And like you, Ms.Diva, I also volunteer and support many organizations and charities but the celebrity world does not care about us. The PAP's aren't taking any pics of us.

They need to be MORE private than K showing the twitter world her a$$ and b$$b shots and KW telling twitter he is 'HEADING HOME NOW'.

And WHEN they are out in public, let us see them doing something for SOMEONE LESS FORTUNATE.
    Last edited by momrek06; 10-24-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Both Kim and Kanye are disliked by many. However, they are also liked by many others. And, some who say they dislike them, can't get enough and are parts of the audience making them richer. If they changed to cater to what would make you like them, they may risk losing many more who are already fans. They're both very savvy people. I think if there was something that would make them more popular they'd figure it out and do it.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread