+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kids By The Dozen (TLC)

Kids By The Dozen (TLC)

If there is already a thread for this, I couldn't find it.

Is anyone watching this? TiVo taped the show from Monday night (the Winters family -- 11 kids) as a TiVo suggestion and after we watched it last night, my husband turned to me and said, "We're saving this, right?" and I said, "Of course!"

Watching specials on the Duggar family, I've always wondered what it would be like to have a lot of kids, but not be organized. Now, I know: you'd be like the Winters, who were so disorganized that two of the kids couldn't find their shoes, so they painted their feet before going into town.

Please, please, someone else be watching this! I can't wait for the next episode (sadly, a different family).

FORT Fanatic

Re: Kids By The Dozen (TLC)

I'm watching

It looks like next week they'll be revisiting a family with 17 kids. A couple weeks ago this family was on and the kids had to organize the annual July 4th party. This was the first family I saw where the kids actually acted like kids I know - the teens were more interested in sleeping & skateboarding than work and the younger kids happily got in everyone's way.

This week's episode with the Winters was interesting. I wonder about the two eldest children though. For 18 and 21 they seem painfully immature. I think the shoe thing was due to that they don't wear shoes at home, dad sprung the trip on them at the last minute, and the two with painted feet couldn't be bothered looking to hard.

My kids LOVE this show! We have 6 kids so families with 10 or 26 or more (lol) kids make us feel like a lot less than we are!!!

Well, last night's show was both encouraging and disappointing. It was encouraging because they seemed about as close to "normal" as you can get with 12 kids. I was happy to see the kids in public school, dressed in normal clothes, acting (for the most part) like normal kids, the oldest going off to college. The baby was adorable!

However, it was disappointing because there really was nothing that was hysterically funny or shocking or mind-boggling (unlike the Winters Family episode from last three which was very much all three of those things).

I saw a preview for this and just from the kids whining alone there was NO way I was going to watch! Kudos to them if they can keep it together, but I don't have the patience or interest to watch or listen!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyeightgirl;2630395;
    My kids LOVE this show! We have 6 kids so families with 10 or 26 or more (lol) kids make us feel like a lot less than we are!!!
    I know how they feel.
    I have six siblings, and those people take what we do to an extreme.
    It was fascinating to watch.

I loved the oldest boy, Adrian was it?
    He is my hero. =]
    I would love to do what he is doing. Sadly though, I am extremely afraid of heights. D=
    I would love, love, love to be apart of that family.
    They are an amazing bunch.

I WISH I had that taped, it was my favorite of all the episodes I have seen so far. =/
    Last edited by Marleybone; 01-21-2008 at 10:52 PM.

FORT Newbie

We've always been fans of the Duggars and were interested to see other large families. However, the Winters struck us as living one way then deciding to live another way years later. The older kids have modern names while the younger ones have Jewish names. We also picked up that the oldest two are immature. They want to live plain but showed on camera the mother using a curling iron on her hair...........
    And I don't think the Amish in my area have trampolines and 4-wheelers. LOL

FORT Newbie

Hi, this is Andre Winters. Just wanted to say thank's for all the wonderful comments! Feel free to ask any questions!

FORT Newbie

Oh wow!, I've never seen this program before but it was such a good episode with the Gonya family and their 12 children. How beautifull, they're such a loving family and I balled my eyes out when mom said to her eldest son who was about to leave home: "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be". Being unselfish, being truly interested in others and just loving people is what makes you truly happy. It's so good to see families love each other like that and it would be great to see more positive television like that! I'm definitely tuning in for the next episode. Whoohoo!

+ Reply to Thread