+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Shot (new on VH1)

The Shot (new on VH1)

This one looks like it will be pretty good. It starts November 4th.

Here's the link: The Shot | Get Info About the TV Series, Find Info on the TV Show Episode | VH1.com

10 amateur photographers the chance to live out their wildest fantasies in pursuit of their ultimate dream: to become the next great fashion photographer.

Our cast will live and work together in a downtown L.A. loft while being guided by world-renowned fashion photographer Russell James. These aspiring photographers will embark on a series of photo shoots meant to challenge their creativity and expose their individual weaknesses. For the first time in their lives, the cast will work with supermodels and high-end professionals, while traveling to exotic locations -- all to capture that one perfect shot.

Whether it's shooting on the deck of a schooner in the midst of a storm,
    or trying to get a supermodel to cuddle up to a Siberian tiger, our cast will face daunting tasks and obstacles that will test their talent, desire and drive to be the next great fashion photographer.

Each episode will contain a "teach challenge", where Russell presents the cast with a new technical or creative lesson, and a photo shoot, in which the cast will be asked to utilize what they've learned in a legitimate, fashion-oriented photo campaign. Each week Russell and his professional panel will review the cast's photos, eliminating the weakest shooter.

After a month long journey the best photographer will emerge and be crowned the show's winner, thus launching his or her professional career.

10 aspiring photographers...30 grueling days...1 shot at a glamorous life
    in the world of high end fashion photography.

Re: The Shot (new on VH1)

Could be good. I'll try to check it out. This is something I actually know a little bit about!

FORT Fogey

Sounds like an awesome idea!

FORT Fogey

This sounds awesome.

This part got me laughing:

"10 aspiring photographers...30 grueling days...1 shot at a glamorous life
    in the world of high end fashion photography."

Glamorous? Well, maybe for the top top top top top top ones.

But also, all of the really talented, award winning photogs I know are really wacked.

You know, diving under a moving car to get the best shot. Danging out of a high-rise window with someone holding their ankles to get that one angle they need ....

Of course those are news photographers, but I assume that fashion photogs are as weird as well.

FORT Fogey

Any info on its status, host, anything like that?

omg i saw commericals of this show and i must say it looks good...the photoshoots look good and cool and fashionable

At first i thought that this show would be stupid, but now I'm kind of interested in it.

I was just coming here to make a thread on this. I think it's going to be really good. As an amateur photographer, I think I'll really enjoy it.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

FORT Regular

"For the first time in their lives, the cast will work with supermodels and high-end professionals..."

Ahhhhhhh! LMAO!!! That is like saying the models on Project Runway are supermodels, just like Tyra Banks, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista.

I'll bet my next paycheck most of these "amateurs" are struggling pros, with art school degrees to boot.

As a former pro, I will be watching and laughing, probably howling at the TV.

With all RTV, the secret of success will be in the casting. What weirdos have they scraped off the streets this time?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast