+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Shot (new on VH1)

Re: The Shot (new on VH1)

I want both Piper and Dean to go.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

I like this show and like the challenges. It is interesting to see the different ways that they approach the same assignment.

I do think both Dean and Piper are there for the drama they add to the show, i doubt that either one has much chance of winning.

I like the wedding photographer guy, both his pictures and his personality, he is also easy on the eyes LOL.

I like Dean. He comes off as a little abrasive and that can be definitely be irritating but I think underneath it all he's a good guy, as evidenced in the last episode where he was attempting to tone it down. Maybe it's my bias toward psychological perspective but I kind of get the feeling that some of his attitude has to do with fighting in the Bosnian war. That kind of thing would be very difficult on anyone and when he talked about it in the first episode he didn't seem unaffected. Besides that I just really love his style of photography.

I wish Piper would just go away She's annoying. I wish she would have gone instead of Ivan. He was precious.

I feel kind of bad for Robin. "I feel like this isn't about who is the best photographer." That's like saying America's Next Top Model isn't about finding the best model. Of course it's not. She clearly didn't understand the concept of reality TV when she signed up for the show. At the same time, all of her complaining is getting on my nerves and I never really liked her from the beginning.

I'm not very clear on anyone else's name yet. Quite a few of these people are pretty unremarkable.

PS. What is up with that guy who won't shut up about "hair dance" He seemed to be the only one who even want that theme.

PPS. I did not like this photoshoot at all. It was boring and didn't make sense to me. I just really didn't get it, I guess.
    Last edited by Claritin; 11-26-2007 at 01:48 AM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Glad Piper is gone, but this challenge was ridiculous! First, they set the stage by having an exercise to capture 'action' shots. Then they give the photographers 90 cameras to capture a 3D image. Obviously the best use of the technology would be to capture action. They then tell the photographers to feature the hairstyles. Why on earth would they be surprised when the photographers tried to do action shots?

As to the hairdresser... how can I be expected to respect someone who wears something like that piece of crap outfit he wore during the photo shoot? What a mess. Seriously, Coco Channel could throw up something with more fashion sense than that horrifying mess.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2691549;
    Obviously the best use of the technology would be to capture action. They then tell the photographers to feature the hairstyles. Why on earth would they be surprised when the photographers tried to do action shots?
    I totally agree. Surely it seem suspicious that every single one of the contestants went for action instead of smooth perfect hair. They thought that's what was expected.

I think the host, whats-his-name, is letting his ego slip past the cracks of his facade.

Wedding photographer guy :"I still have confidence in myself, this was a learning experience, next time I'll pay attention to eliminating the frizz".

Host: "You are a worthless twit for smirking and not cringing before my godliness."

Dean "You are right and we are all talentless idiots, oh god of photography".

Host: "I love you Dean. I'm going to give you first prize now. Oh - I can't? Well you can relax, then. I admire a man who like to control things, as long as he blows smoke up my a--."

FORT Fogey

"Russel James. His name is synonymous with fashion photography."
    Really, announcer lady? I find that highly suspect.

Anyway, Robin didn't do so hot this episode, but Piper not going home would have been a crime. She refused to work with her teammates time and time again. I think it was Jason who said at the beginning of the episode that Piper's photography was the least of her problems.

I do agree that the setup of the 360 camera was stupid in terms of shooting a hair campaign. That being said, the photographers were made perfectly aware that they were shooting a hair campaign, and you think they would have made the hair look like something other than a bird's nest. I think Italo Gregorio has a very skewed idea of how important he is, but nevertheless, he has reminded the photogs in other episodes that he is there for them, and they should be sure to seek out his services to improve the product. It was a hair shoot, he's a judge, it's not rocket science. If anything, asking him about the hair would have stroked his ego enough to keep one in the game.

Jason is now officially my least favorite person and I hope he gets kicked off in the next episode. He will not stop running his mouth, especially about how great he allegedly is. Hah!

Robin seems to have some psychological problems (but maybe I'm biased because I'm a psychology major). I'm actually kind of surprised she got through the psychological screening (which I am only assuming they have).

John's team's campaign was so bad it was laughable. First rule of reality tv challenges is always follow the rules. (Unless you're VJ on America's Most Smartest Model. but I digress)

I have a feeling many of the folks in photography, (or any of the visual arts, really), have a screw loose somewhere. I mean, they're artistes, right?

Which, having said that, while Piper did seem to have some problems relating with people, I think her photgraphic eye was not bad at all really. Remember the tarantula shot? And at least one other shot was really good.

Without the ridiculous time constraints of the show, she probably comes up with some pretty good material.

Many of the other photographers seem to lack any real talent for the visual layout of the photos. On this point, the host and I seem to agree.

I'm going to say that I hope the exposure from this show actually helps Piper in the biz instead of hurts her.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;2704213;
    Without the ridiculous time constraints of the show...
    Not as bad as Project Runway, having designers create a complex garment in one day. Absurd. And then the judges mock the designers for having an unfinished look. That is why I quite watching that show, and Heidi Klum's little girl voice.

I also agree that it is not realistic to expect contestants to be experts at the high tech gadgets that are thrown at them. It takes time to get used to new equipment.

This last episode with the food fight was not too good. I gave up about half way through. I just don't care about these people. I wonder how the ratings are. Apparently, they are casting for cycle 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;2704213;
    I have a feeling many of the folks in photography, (or any of the visual arts, really), have a screw loose somewhere. I mean, they're artistes, right?
    I can only speak for news photographers, but yes the really good ones DO have a few screws loose. They certainly march to the beat of a different drum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast