+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Shot (new on VH1)

FORT Regular

Re: The Shot (new on VH1)

I watched the premier last night. ANTM spin-off, produced by Ken Mok of 10x10 productions. Also reminds me of The Apprentice, with the format consisting of team challenges and ending in the judgment chamber where somebody is humiliated and fired.

What really drives me mad is the presumption that Americans are not capable of having sufficient taste to sit in judgment. We have 300 million pople in this country, and all three judges were foreign nationals! The Tyra stand-in is an Australian photographer who does Sports Illustrated bikini cover shots, and this guy is preaching high fashion photography? An Australian croc hunter, an Italian barber, and an Australian magazine editor. Go figure.

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar

I am almost positive that Airic is a reality tv vet. i could swear he was on we's stylist show... i am not sure. i will look into it.

I watched the premier. I can't say I loved the show, but I love photography so the concept intrigues me. I will stick it out for a while and see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2649337;
    I watched the premier. I can't say I loved the show, but I love photography so the concept intrigues me. I will stick it out for a while and see where it goes.
    Same here. When I first heard about it I was so excited. If I were going to be on a reality show, this would be the one. However, I wouldnt want my main focus to be on fashion and models... I would be more apt for a career in photojournalism... But I still watched and though it was just "OK"

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TymeMarteen;2649157;
    I am almost positive that Airic is a reality tv vet. i could swear he was on we's stylist show... i am not sure. i will look into it.
    rachel hunter's "style me" on we. airic was also on that show.

Silly me, I thought this would have been a more professional show than all the other reality shows. Shame on me for thinking that. I did think it was rather interesting, though. I like the concept, as well. Can someone PLEASE find some duct tape for Piper's mouth? I've had enough of her after one episode.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl;2657662;
    Silly me, I thought this would have been a more professional show than all the other reality shows. Shame on me for thinking that. I did think it was rather interesting, though. I like the concept, as well. Can someone PLEASE find some duct tape for Piper's mouth? I've had enough of her after one episode.
    I missed the show. Is it worth catching. I've done some photojournalism (my hubby is better), so I know my way around a photo shoot. Or will I end up throwing my Nikon at the TV screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2659130;
    I missed the show. Is it worth catching. I've done some photojournalism (my hubby is better), so I know my way around a photo shoot. Or will I end up throwing my Nikon at the TV screen?
    Put it this way. Don't have your camera in your hand. You know reality shows=drama. I'd watch one episode and see if you want to watch more. It's not something I'm going to watch religiously but I would like to see a bit more of it.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

From the one episode I've seen, I liked it. But then I watch this at work on weekends, and there is usually not much on weekend mornings
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

The show is pretty good so far IMO. The photoshoots have been professional and I like the high fashion models that they have been using.

Piper should have gone home... she didn't even get the shot with the tarantula. And she blabbers too much!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast