+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New "American Gladiators" taping in L.A.

Re: New "American Gladiators" taping in L.A.

I've only seen the first 30 minutes or so but I'm happy to see that the format and tasks haven't changed much from the original. One thing I do miss is Mike Adamle as the host and play by play guy.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Re: American Gladiators

Don't worry, you can catch a new episode tonight. Since there isn't much else on, it's probably an entertaining choice.

Helga appears bigger than Hulk.

(Helga's the one who sounds like Barry White, if you hear her interviewed)

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I watched both the premiere epi and last night's episode. I really enjoyed it. It's just like the original which is what makes it alright with me.

Hmm. I watched the premiere and I am familiar with the original show. I was disappointed that it was so much like the original format. I guess I was hoping for something "fresher", maybe more Ninja-Warrior-ish (although I saw a couple of obstacles in the Eliminator that looked straight out of NW).

All-in-all I may watch it if I'm bored, but it is completely cheesy and seems like it will get old really fast.

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

This show is a dud. Hulk is obnoxious as always. Lace (one of the original gladiators just got out of jail).

I like this show, and my favorite is WOLF!

Hulk does a good job I think, and Laila is okay.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I heard Helga speak the other day and I wasn't paying attention until I looked up halfway through and saw it was her. I thought it was one of the guys! I feel bad.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I am so, so pumped this show is back! The guy with the one leg was awe-inspiring, especially during the Eliminator when he had to keep starting over again to try to make it to the top of the tramelator (sp?). The audience rooting for him was very touching indeed. The female winner from last year, (Monica I think her name is) certainly fits the role of a gladiator. She looks great.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Hello; new user, first post.

Mrs. CrimsonLine and I watched the Grand Finale of Season Two of American Gladiators last night (ahh, TiVo!). It was pretty exciting, at least on the women's side of things. On the men's side, it was pretty clear early on who would win it all (the screeching guy. Thank goodness they hadn't promised that the winner would join the gladiators next season...).

I just wanted to put in a word or two about some of the Gladiators...

TITAN - I really enjoy Titan. I laugh whenever he's onscreen. He's so jovial and happy, even as he's demolishing contestants. He's a larger-than-life character, which you need in a Gladiator. And the guy's legs are intense. His real name's Michael O'Hearn, and he played Superman in Sandy Collora's fan film, World's Finest. He says he's been auditioned for Captain America and for Conan in the upcoming films of those characters. I don't know if I see him in either of those roles, but I like him on AG.

JUSTICE - I look forward to Justice's appearances on AG, simply because the man is so intimidating. He's a tower of muscle, and projects a lot of attitude.

WOLF - Really seems to enjoy being on stage, and the adulation of the crowd. His character is pretty full of himself, but he's an excellent athlete.

CRUSH - It's easy to see why she's so popular. Crush has been undefeated this season in any one-to-one competition (though I would say that streak was broken on the Finale's Pyramid, where her contender broke free and scored). Her character is kind of the opposite of Titan and Wolf's - where they are larger than life personalities, she is no-nonsense, all business, even taciturn at times. But she kicks some serious behind.

PHOENIX - is shaping up to be an interesting Gladiator character. It's strange, very few of the female Gladiators really make much of an impression, personality-wise. After two seasons, I still have a hard time telling Siren, Venom, and Steel apart. But Phoenix stands out. She also kills at Sideswipe.

Anywho, those are just some thoughts. I know this thread is pretty dead, but perhaps there are people interested in chatting about AG? If not, I'll see you in the TAR thread when TAR 13 gets off the ground.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast