+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New "American Gladiators" taping in L.A.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: American Gladiators

I love the woman gladiator named "Hellga". She is one tough looking lady. The names this time around are a lot more creative than the old school "Ice" and "Nitro".
    Wake up and be awesome

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I watched. I was entertained. The End.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Some of the names are the same I think?. Crush, the lady who was on the joust thing... She was cute! even for having those giant mannish muscles.

Titan is comical to me. Even in a career where you are supposed to look like a cartoon, he manages to look extra cartoony!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I loved this show last night...there were some giants for the men Gladiators...6'6" and 6'8" 220 lbs....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

After all the reality competition show that have aired since AG was last on, this show now feels a little cheesy and contrived. I'd put it with professional rasslin', right down to the cheap fake signs in the stands.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2744702;
    Some of the names are the same I think?. Crush, the lady who was on the joust thing... She was cute! even for having those giant mannish muscles.

Titan is comical to me. Even in a career where you are supposed to look like a cartoon, he manages to look extra cartoony!
    If anyone else here remembers Battle Dome, Titan was one of the guys on that show. He played Michael O'Dell, the chick magnet who had the Dom triplets (who have been in Playboy) with him. Battle Dome didn't suck too bad either, IMO.

As far as the new Gladiators goes...I was impressed. The editing and such really made the show look sleek. And yes, Crush and Siren are both total babes. Crush comes from MMA fighting, and I believe Siren was a body-builder before the show.

As far as the injury to Militia goes, I think he suffered a dislocated shoulder. Not sure if that's true. But that wasn't the worst ending. The poor girl in Powerball of the first show. That had to hurt like hell!

Re: New "American Gladiators" taping in L.A.

Here's the link for the official page, it's got all the gladiator photos in there...
    American Gladiators

I was a fan years ago for the original series and it's got me totally sucked in again. There's no Nitro, but guess I'll have to be happy that he was on Celebrity Bullriding earlier this year so I could get my fix.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2744717;
    6'6" and 6'8" 220 lbs....

i know, i was like man!!!! i will feel like a small insect next to them

Quote Originally Posted by hebtheeagle;2744913;
    If anyone else here remembers Battle Dome, Titan was one of the guys on that show. He played Michael O'Dell, the chick magnet who had the Dom triplets (who have been in Playboy) with him. Battle Dome didn't suck too bad either, IMO.

As far as the new Gladiators goes...I was impressed. The editing and such really made the show look sleek. And yes, Crush and Siren are both total babes. Crush comes from MMA fighting, and I believe Siren was a body-builder before the show.

As far as the injury to Militia goes, I think he suffered a dislocated shoulder. Not sure if that's true. But that wasn't the worst ending. The poor girl in Powerball of the first show. That had to hurt like hell!
    Thanks, hebtheeagle. I knew I had seen Titan before but couldn't remember where. I did watch Battle Dome.

I also enjoyed last night's Gladiators. I had been concerned that in today's market, they might try to go so far over the top that the show would be unrecognizable. But, I found that it adhered pretty closely to the original show.

I had also been concerned about Hulk Hogan, whom I've never really liked, hosting. I must admit that I thought he did quite a good job of it, making it about the contestants and not about him. Can't quite say as much for Laila Ali with her, "Don't you dare get my hair wet," attitude. I don't dislike her, but I don't think she added much. Maybe she'll improve.

It still seems to be a bit of mindless entertainment. I'll keep watching for now.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2744259;
    American Gladiators is back!

Series Premiere tonight (January 6) on NBC.

Mondays at 8pm Eastern.

American Gladiators
    i totally missed the premiere. ANyone else see it!? how was it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast