+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Airing Update: Profiles from the Front Line

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Airing Update: Profiles from the Front Line

I just got off the phone with my local ABC programming manager.

He called the network and it appears that Profiles from the Front Line has been put on "hold" for now. It's unclear whether this show will pick up again and when.

They have aired through episode 3 (of a 6 part series). If I get any further information I will pass it along as it becomes available.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Thanks Bravo.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    Bravofan, thanks for your interest inthe show and your suport of my husband and his teammates. I may be partial but they really are a remarkable group of guys. The show doesn't capture half of who they are or what they do. One of the camera men for the show told me that "we couldn't have handpicked a better group of guys to be Ambassadors for the US". Anyway thanks again.

FORT Newbie

Question

I caught the first two episodes and really enjoyed them but I haven't seen any since and now I know why.

I don't want to start any rumors or anything but I thought that I heard one of the special forces guys (I thought Mark) was injured or something. I don't know if this comes up in a future show or not. I was flipping channels when I caught the tail end of some news story.

If anyone has any info that would be great.

Peace.
    JB

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Welcome to the FORT PFFL!

Unfortunately, according to this article in the LA Times on Friday, PFFL has been pulled.

It sickens me that PFFL and "Are you Hot" are in the same article, but here it is.

ABC Dumps 2 Unscripted Series
    Friday, March 28, 2003
    Los Angeles Times

HOLLYWOOD — Poor ratings have killed off two of ABC’s highly publicized unscripted series. “Are You Hot? The Search for America’s Sexiest People,” which has been off the air the last two weeks because of war coverage, will show both its semifinals and finals April 5. The network has also yanked “Profiles From the Front Line,” the real-life military series from producer Jerry Bruckheimer that chronicled U.S. soldiers fighting in Afghanistan last year. That show’s last broadcast was March 11.

However, another struggling series, “The Family,” which has been pulled from the schedule, will get a second chance. The series, in which family members compete for $1 million, will be re-launched this summer with “a full-court press,” network executives said. Previously aired episodes will be shown along with some not-yet-seen installments.

Meanwhile, Fox’s Tuesday night remained strong with “American Idol” drawing almost 20 million viewers. And “24,” the espionage-laced drama that returned after a three-week hiatus, attracted more than 12 million viewers.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Unfortunately, the show's been pulled and will probably not re-air. Victim of bad timing, no matter how compelling the content.

That's according to the latest articles about show changes across the board.

+ Reply to Thread