+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last One Standing on Discovery

Re: Last One Standing on Discovery

I'm here! I'm here! I wasnt suprise that Brad lost. It was kind of funny when the natives just stopped the race.

Next week looks like the head chop, ...eh, brutal.
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

Looking forward to tonight's episode! Any predictions as to who will win?? Since kick-fighting seems like it'll utilize a lot of brute strength- I'm thinking Brad...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I think it will take a combination of strength and coordination. I think Rajko or Mark will win.

After this episode I've decided that I don't like Jason. I get a Vanilla Ice (after he crashed to earth) feeling from him. Maybe it's just his youth or the slacker sport background, but his attitude grates on me. The others are much more humble and seem to appreciate the places they're going and the people they're interacting with. Brad seems a little self-delusional at times, but I still like him. Show favorites are definitely Richard and Rajko.

Kick fighting was more about finesse and technique. The only reason the locals had such a tough time was becasue most of the Westerners were so tall and muscular. As long as the biggers guys maintained their center of balance, they did quite well.

I'll have to catch the episode this weekend. Wish I had Tivo.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

FORT Fan

[QUOTE=Adult Beverage;2630806;]After this episode I've decided that I don't like Jason. I get a Vanilla Ice (after he crashed to earth) feeling from him. Maybe it's just his youth or the slacker sport background, but his attitude grates on me. The others are much more humble and seem to appreciate the places they're going and the people they're interacting with.
    QUOTE]

I don't know, I don't get that from Jason-I think he just takes this really really seriously. For instance, in Mexico, he was extremely upset because they weren't allowed to finish the race. He wasn't mad just because he got beat, but because he never really had a chance to show what he could do. And I think that one of the reasons he's always in the top favorites is because he really studies every aspect of the sport that they are competing in each week. I think you could say that he maybe concentrates on the sport to the exclusion of some of the other aspects of these trips, but not that he doesn't appreciate them. See how in India he was the one who tried to learn some of the language ("I am the lazy one!" at his win) and respected his host so much that he gave the prize money to that man.

I think with Jason, the thing that probably bothers you is that he is so young-it makes him come off very cocky and he seems like he is wanting to prove himself. Plus, for him, he has a job besides his sport. How many times has Brad, Mark, or one of the others say that they can't get hurt because their physical health is so important? Not that a tree surgeon can be unfit, but again because Jason is so young-he probably still lives with his parents- he can afford to get hurt where the others can't. Add that to his hard-knocks upbringing, and you get someone who is a little bit too confident in themselves and sees this whole experience as a chance to prove himself. But overall, I think the losses and the experience of other cultures will probably IMPROVE him.

Loving this show all around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12