+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

The American ambassador to France lives in that house? Wow. Loved the challenge. Was feeling it for Symon there. Glad it will be a Besh/Symon finale. They seem to handle the pressure better than Chris did. I mean he was starting to go off on the driver while they were getting groceries. I mean everyone had the same conditions. That man is a stroke waiting to happen. I honestly don't know if he could handle being an Iron Chef.

I am rooting for Michael Symon to be the Next Iron Chef.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Besh and Symon makes me one happy FORTer.

Best two IMHO made it, and i'll be happy with either at this point.

As the Chairman puts it.

"Let The Battle Begin!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2648702;
    The American ambassador to France lives in that house? Wow. Loved the challenge. Was feeling it for Symon there. Glad it will be a Besh/Symon finale. They seem to handle the pressure better than Chris did. I mean he was starting to go off on the driver while they were getting groceries. I mean everyone had the same conditions. That man is a stroke waiting to happen. I honestly don't know if he could handle being an Iron Chef.

I am rooting for Michael Symon to be the Next Iron Chef.
    I missed this ep and will catch it in rerun. I think I'm rooting for Symon, too. I'm not surprised that Chris went. Once they got down to the last five, I knew it was going to be a Besh/Symon finale.

I'm kind of rooting for Tyson because I think he has a slightly more fun on-camera personality. I would not be disappointed with a win by either chef, however. I do believe they have the right final two.

I also think their cooking styles will come into play as each iron chef has a particular type of cuisine for which they're known: Flay = Southwestern, Batali = Italian, Morimoto = Japanese, Cora = Greek/Mediterranean.

From what I can see, Besh embraces contemporary French, which is different from the others. Tyson's is American with some Mediterrean. I think maybe Besh has the edge on being different from the others.

It should be a good finale. I wonder if the other iron chefs will be the judges.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;2649311;
    I'm kind of rooting for Tyson because I think he has a slightly more fun on-camera personality. I would not be disappointed with a win by either chef, however. I do believe they have the right final two.
    Tyson? You mean Michael Symon? Or are you watching a different Season or Country, that I'm not aware of. If so, I apologize....

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;2649520;
    Tyson? You mean Michael Symon? Or are you watching a different Season or Country, that I'm not aware of. If so, I apologize....
    No, you are quite right. Forgive my blonde moment; I did mean Michael Symon.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2635919;
    When the show first started I was 100% behind Besh, having just seen his Iron Chef competition. Now? I'm firmly in the Symon camp. I feel he has more versatility and is just more "fun" on camera. I'd love a final between the two though and just don't think the remaining chef is up to their level...

The judges... I cannot stand the guy who is some editor of some foodie mag.. the one with the brown longish hair? Such a jerk.
    Yeah, I think the guy with the stupid hairdo is a total jerk too.

So glad our two picks made it to the finale! Symon just turns me on. I love the way his mouth turns up at the corners. Besh is attractive when he is speaking French!

They totally deserve it, but I'm still disappointed that no female chef had the right stuff to make it very far in the competition. Maybe they need an all-female Next Iron Chef.

Hubby loves this show. He says it's the best of those reality cooking competition shows. So nice to have a show we can watch together.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2648702;
    The American ambassador to France lives in that house? Wow.
    I was so totally jealous and disgusted.
    Last edited by Harvest; 11-05-2007 at 09:21 PM.

Actually I got the impression that the house is the Embassy and not just his personal house. That's because Alton said they were standing on US soil so that would make the house the Embassy. From what I've seen, Embassy's (for any nation) are usually really grand places.

I love this show too and have to agree with your hubby that its one of the best reality cooking competition shows. They do a lot of things that Top Chef does and yet somehow it just comes off better here (except the judges and their makes no sense judging but at least they get it right).

I really enjoyed this last challenge. That Symon is so creative! Loved his take on hot dogs and root beer floats. And Besh... well he was just in his element, wasn't he?

I think the main thing that got Chris booted is that he cannot handle the pressure. How many times has he come close to cracking?

Can't wait for the finale! Is it bad of me to wish that when they pull the curtain down it shows BOTH of them as the next Iron Chefs?

Does anyone know if they're ADDING a chef or replacing one? Seems to me that Flay and Morimoto might be ready to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2652485;
    Does anyone know if they're ADDING a chef or replacing one? Seems to me that Flay and Morimoto might be ready to move on.
    I've heard rumblings that Mario might be leaving, but nothing solid.

+ Reply to Thread