+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

I can't either, Mikesgal...

I'm thinking the final two will be Besh and Symon. Not sure who'll take it all yet, though...

When the show first started I was 100% behind Besh, having just seen his Iron Chef competition. Now? I'm firmly in the Symon camp. I feel he has more versatility and is just more "fun" on camera. I'd love a final between the two though and just don't think the remaining chef is up to their level.

Very interesting that some of their challenges are mirroring those that have been shown on Top Chef. So who copied off whom? Since the taping more than likely occurred around the same time.. hard to tell. I do think that this show is running their challenges better than anything I've seen on TC... plus I just plain like the contestants on this show better.

The judges? Not so much. I cannot stand the guy who is some editor of some foodie mag.. the one with the brown longish hair? Such a jerk and I just FF past anything he says. They all make rather pointless comments. I pretty much ignore the whole judging and just watch to see who makes it through and who is sent home.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2635919;
    When the show first started I was 100% behind Besh, having just seen his Iron Chef competition. Now? I'm firmly in the Symon camp. I feel he has more versatility and is just more "fun" on camera. I'd love a final between the two though and just don't think the remaining chef is up to their level.

The judges? Not so much. I cannot stand the guy who is some editor of some foodie mag.. the one with the brown longish hair? Such a jerk and I just FF past anything he says. They all make rather pointless comments. I pretty much ignore the whole judging and just watch to see who makes it through and who is sent home.
    I agree with you... Symon has really grown on me. He really has a better rapport with the camera.

I also agree on that long haired guy! Ugh! He looks like he is about 16! Actually not thrilled with any of the judges. They should have had the current Iron Chefs judge.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I think the judging panel would be way more fun with Jeffrey the Mean Guy, The Big-Racked Blonde from "The Producers," and the Food & Wine Guy from Queer Eye.
    (Sorry for the lack of names -- I just watched the Pack win MNF, and the only names in my head are Brett Favre and Greg Jennings!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2635174;
    The airplane challenge was intense but it was so deja vu (Top Chef Season 3).

I did think Chris C was going home as the panel loved Aaron's last dish so much and Chris seemed to have so much wrong and per the panel has yet to have all strong dishes. I guess Aaron's red snapper must have really been bad. Still I so think Chef Marou should have been here instead of Sanchez. I am looking for a Symon and Besh finale. I am looking forward to seeing Symon win. He seems to relish and thrive under the pressure of the challenges.
    I thought they shoudl have kept Marou over Sanchez as well. Still not sure why that didn't happen.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2637530;
    I thought they shoudl have kept Marou over Sanchez as well. Still not sure why that didn't happen.
    I agree, however, I realized it didn't really matter. From the get go it seemed like Besh and Symon were the front runners, and I believe it will be a finale with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;2638056;
    I agree, however, I realized it didn't really matter. From the get go it seemed like Besh and Symon were the front runners, and I believe it will be a finale with them.
    If Marou can actually change his style of plating I would have loved to see a three way finale with Marou, Besh, and Symon. That would have been exciting.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I wonder, will the finale be an all-out, kitchen stadium Iron Chef battle?

Probably with the runners-up as their sous chefs? Not sure I would like that since we've seen them being sabotaged on other shows when that happens.

I think Alton may have said at the beginning that it is an Iron Chef battle finale? Or I'm remembering wrong.

Some big names in New Orleans are throwing their support behind Besh, I wonder if that may make a difference to the judges? Because I can't help but wonder if the off-camera and behind the scenes things will affect the outcome (like Besh having the support of so-called culinary giants in NO), Personally? I prefer Symon since I am beginning to feel that Besh is sort of one note but I'd be happy with either one winning.

Sounds to me like Symon and Besh have a long history and are best buds offscreen. I don't think the NOculinati connection has any impact on who is selected. They'll choose the one who can give the best TV. My money's on Symon.

+ Reply to Thread