+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

FORT Regular

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2623173;
    They were being "sabotaged" by having their competitor pick their ingredients. They gave Besh mostly wild herbs and flowers, because he doesn't use them in his normal style. They gave the other guy escargot because they would be very difficult to present in two different styles.

On the regular IC, both competitors have the same secret ingredient and the same pantry. They also have the chance to ask the IC producers for special ingredients to be provided in the pantry.
    i still dont see it as sabotage, they still have control on how they will use the ingredients. even if they dont use them on their normal style, they are professional chefs. for me, sabotage would be giving them ingredients you cant cook or not giving them any ingredients at all.

Like everyone posting here I love this show. And, I must say it is helping with my Top Chef withdrawal...

Anyway, just wanted to add that Michael Ruhlman, one of the judges, has his own blog site which features his perspective on the show, plus hilarious blog from Anthony Bourdain regarding his view of NIC. Sorry I can't post a link - haven't posted enough... just add three w to ruhlman.com and you will get there.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I love this show. You either step up and deal, or go home. Which is exactly what they need for the next Iron Chef.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i'm lovin' this show too. it's given me a whole new respect for the chefs ... i can see every one of these challenges are preparing these guys for the iron chef shows.

The airplane challenge was intense but it was so deja vu (Top Chef Season 3).

I did think Chris C was going home as the panel loved Aaron's last dish so much and Chris seemed to have so much wrong and per the panel has yet to have all strong dishes. I guess Aaron's red snapper must have really been bad. Still I so think Chef Marou should have been here instead of Sanchez. I am looking for a Symon and Besh finale. I am looking forward to seeing Symon win. He seems to relish and thrive under the pressure of the challenges.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree that it'll be a Symon - Besh finale. At first I was sure that Besh would win, but now I'm leaning toward Symon. They're both great chefs, but Symon is more camera-friendly as far as dynamic personality and sense of humor.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Yes, I beginning to feel that Symon takes it all. At some point, the judges are going to have to look at the variety that a chef can produce, and I think Symon has that over Besh... not by a lot, but enough to make a difference.

Paris next week... should be interesting.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I suspect that the producers had a cow when they watched Top Chef, which I'm sure they did. Both had to be in production about the same time. This was not planned after the Top Chef episode. There was not enough time for that.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2635440;
    Yes, I beginning to feel that Symon takes it all. At some point, the judges are going to have to look at the variety that a chef can produce, and I think Symon has that over Besh... not by a lot, but enough to make a difference.
    That is my hope. Symon is our favorite! As I said last week, Besh has so much going for him that he is quite famous without having to be an Iron Chef.

Thank goodness flabby fish skin guy is gone this week. He should have gone last week. Poor Marou.

I had a feeling they were going to do an airplane food challenge. At first it seemed a little redundant since the other show just did that challenge, but I think I preferred this one. At least they had Alton go off and do a Good Eats type segment, which is how I prefer to watch him. What a great PR opportunity for Lufthansa. Wow, I wish I could fly first class!

FORT Fan

I love this show also, but I just don't care for the judges. I can't warm up to them at all...

+ Reply to Thread