+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

FORT Newbie

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Coming out of lurkdom to post for the first time- I have to say, I love this show! I was pulling for Besh before the first episode just because I enjoyed watching him on his Iron Chef episode. I think that Des Jardins has the talent to make it further along the competition- just had bad luck with her choice for the first challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2612999;
    That's why I'm fairly certain that it will come down to Besh and Symon.

Could be totally off and probably am but that's my impression.
    A good impression-- but I'm not telling who won.

Well, we've been pretty good at picking so far. The sabotage challenge was quite interesting. The judges seemed to stick to the "resourcefullness" criteria and judged as much on that as the actual results. Interesting final 4. I don't see Sanchez making it out of the next round, though.

I was dissappointed that Sanchez survived over Marou. All the judges agreed that he won the resourceful challenge yet he was sent home due to his poor plating. Huh??? Your food is the best yet your are sent home. That makes no sense to me. Still I do agree with the judges; that Sanchez is inconsistent and unless he is very lucky is will be the next one being sent home.

Overall it was a fun challenge and a true chef should be able to rise to the occasion regardless of when it is and what the ingredients are. That's why I enjoy watching Dinner: Impossible. They are always putting the chef into weird situations, just as the deserted island challenge and cooking in an ice hotel.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2622832;
    I was dissappointed that Sanchez survived over Marou. All the judges agreed that he won the resourceful challenge yet he was sent home due to his poor plating. Huh??? Your food is the best yet your are sent home. That makes no sense to me.
    I predicted to hubby that Aaron would stay because the Food Network has been pushing for more Latino "talent." I called that decision, but I do not agree with it!

I like the bald guy -- where is he from, Chicago? The accent?

As for Besh, I just saw an article praising his restaurants. He really does not need this show; he has enough going on in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2622832;
    Overall it was a fun challenge and a true chef should be able to rise to the occasion regardless of when it is and what the ingredients are. That's why I enjoy watching Dinner: Impossible. They are always putting the chef into weird situations, just as the deserted island challenge and cooking in an ice hotel.
    I agree about rising to the occassion. And I love Dinner: Impossible as well. Fun challenges and I love his accent.

FORT Regular

i dont understand why the chefs keep saying they were being sabotaged. they are trying to be the next iron chef where the show is about the secret ingredient.

Uhh, yeah! Not only is the show all about the secret ingredient, it's often about a weird secret ingredient!

Are they going to kvetch that The Chairman is sabotaging them?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by justgart;2623111;
    i dont understand why the chefs keep saying they were being sabotaged. they are trying to be the next iron chef where the show is about the secret ingredient.
    They were being "sabotaged" by having their competitor pick their ingredients. They gave Besh mostly wild herbs and flowers, because he doesn't use them in his normal style. They gave the other guy escargot because they would be very difficult to present in two different styles.

On the regular IC, both competitors have the same secret ingredient and the same pantry. They also have the chance to ask the IC producers for special ingredients to be provided in the pantry.

I thought Marou should have stayed. I thought Kaysen was definitely one of the bottom 2, and then either Cosentino or Sanchez.
    I really can't see eliminating a contestant on plating over taste, especially when it was a resourcefulness challenge, and he was one of the most resourceful.
    For judging the next iron chef, I think they should have the current iron chefs as the judges.
    I also would have liked all of the competitors to stick around for more challenges before any are eliminated. I think that becoming the next iron chef is a more distinguished title than winning Top Chef or Hell's Kitchen, and someone needn't be eliminated every week, before the ultimate winner is determined.

+ Reply to Thread