+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;4115541;
    I thought the chairman had died too!

I watched my dvr'd show last night after I ran into a commercial that said who would be on tomorrow nights show, the winner of this season's TNIC. I have to say I was very impressed with Forgione and the foods he made and I thought he was wonderful with the chefs helping him. Since Tsai was eliminated I didn't care who won, but I hope what I saw last night continues as I thought Forgione did a great job.
    Real life he's not dead, just the character supposedly. That said, I think they did that schtick but then shortly afterward they did the United States Special I think when Flay first challenged Morimoto (here in his sliver gear from the Japanese version) and the infamous Flay on top of the chopping board incident.

Personally, I think they'd been better off with Tsai because as far as I know Morimoto doesn't compete much now and they need a fusion cook. I think Batali still cooks some, though people are more interested in challenging Flay (Bit controversial) or Cora (female) than they are any of the specific cuisine challengers.

I take it back - Morimoto was a favorite for a time, because he was on the Japanese version.

That said, this winner will be interesting - I rarely see Garces compete and Symon tends to be picked a lot.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4116224;
    Wait...how did I miss that both of these guys are from New York....first names of Mark and that they are both Italian chefs? Sheesh and look no Mario in the line up, this just had to be a coincidence, right? That the two finalist are in the same culinary style as the vacated IC? (Sarcasm) well at least now it makes sense while Tsai and Tio didn't win because they wanted an Italian chef, period. [snipped]
    One's Marc (Forgione) and one's Marco (Canora). Both have Italian surnames but Canora's food is Italian and Forgione's I'd call modern American with a French influence. So if they wanted an Italian chef to replace Batali, they would have gone with Canora.

-Marco = Marc in Italian

-Both have Italian last names

-Granted Forgione leans more towards taking various international cuisines and giving them an "American" twist but mark my words, as he progresses in IC you will see more and more of something that is Italian/French influenced and giving it an American spin. Take a look at his menu and you will see Italian items featured as well as other nationalities.

I still stand behind that the other chefs did not stand a chance in this competition because they were specifically looking for a particular type of cuisine style to replace Mario. And yes, I am bitter as heck that Tio or Tsai were not chosen. I wanted another woman IC, enough with the men! And I really wanted to watch Tsai because his cooking excites me and I want to see more of it.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4116376;
    One's Marc (Forgione) and one's Marco (Canora). Both have Italian surnames but Canora's food is Italian and Forgione's I'd call modern American with a French influence. So if they wanted an Italian chef to replace Batali, they would have gone with Canora.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4116454;
    -Marco = Marc in Italian
    [snipped]

I still stand behind that the other chefs did not stand a chance in this competition because they were specifically looking for a particular type of cuisine style to replace Mario. And yes, I am bitter as heck that Tio or Tsai were not chosen. I wanted another woman IC, enough with the men! And I really wanted to watch Tsai because his cooking excites me and I want to see more of it.
    I knew nothing of any of this seaons's Next Iron Chefs at the start of the season. I wasn't really rooting for anyone (more like rooting against Canora) whereas the first season there were 3 or 4 chefs I liked (I didn't see the second season). I liked Tsai's personality but I didn't like much of his food. I didn't think Forgione stood out food-wise or personality-wise in the competition.

I'd like to see another woman chef too (I wasn't thrilled with Chef Tio either and don't really have a sense of her style).

I am watching the presentation part of bell pepper battle, and I am really liking chef Forgione's dishes. The judges really like them, too. I think they ended up making a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;4119056;
    I am watching the presentation part of bell pepper battle, and I am really liking chef Forgione's dishes. The judges really like them, too. I think they ended up making a good choice.
    I think he'll do pretty good too, and thought it interesting that his first dish would be the peppers, as that was Kaga's trademark in the Japanese version.

Then again, I'm just excited to see that Morimoto is still in the show as an Iron Chef. It is interesting though he's wearing a grayish silver outfit - he wore a silver one when he was the chef in the original version.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4119117;
    I think he'll do pretty good too, and thought it interesting that his first dish would be the peppers, as that was Kaga's trademark in the Japanese version.

Then again, I'm just excited to see that Morimoto is still in the show as an Iron Chef. It is interesting though he's wearing a grayish silver outfit - he wore a silver one when he was the chef in the original version.
    I caught the show last night. Not a fan of peppers, but both sets of food looked good. His was just a notch more interesting.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread