+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

FORT Newbie

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4110026;
    Its funny how everyone's tastes are so different. Mings food did not excited me, and I'm sure because of that I didn't enjoy watching him
    His presentation was bad compared to other chefs. It's too old fashion and messy. And I don't think he understands the challenge concepts well. Since when siu mai is sensual?

Quote Originally Posted by angelmum3;4105815;
    If only they (Food Network) was flooded with the dismay of their "choice"

Contact Us : ABOUT US : Food Network
    Thanks I sent an email!
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MissLT;4110687;
    Wow, am I the only one here who like Bobby? I hated him at first because to me he wasn't qualified as an IC. However, after seeing some of his battles I started to like his attitude, methods, and cooking. His latest battle I've seen is the one with an African chef, the secret ingredient is corns. I loved his corn and coconut curried chowder. I wrote down the recipe and made it myself. I don't know how IC quality it is but everyone loves it.

His other battle, the one he teamed up with Symon to battle against Cat and Morimoto was also good. I don't understand Cat and Morimoto's dishes. Fish on Thanksgiving? No, thank you very much.
    I love Bobby Flay! I enjoy watching him on ICA and I watch a few of his other shows. Putting chilis in everything annoyed me at first but now I just get a good chuckle out of it - he's one of my favorite people on the food network.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;4109791;
    More I think about this show.. and ICA... I have to wonder if they are not trying to 'replace' Bobby, Mario, and Kat. ICA will become a joke if they have 10 ICs to challenge. I am all for replacing them.. I love Symon, not so much the other new guy, hes forgetable, obviously. lol And i have never been a Bobby or Kat fan.
    I wondered how long they could go on adding one Iron Chef a year. But I bet the winner only gets a one-year contract and they'll dump the unpopular ones after a year.

Quote Originally Posted by MissLT;4110687;
    Wow, am I the only one here who like Bobby? I hated him at first because to me he wasn't qualified as an IC. However, after seeing some of his battles I started to like his attitude, methods, and cooking. His latest battle I've seen is the one with an African chef, the secret ingredient is corns. I loved his corn and coconut curried chowder. I wrote down the recipe and made it myself. I don't know how IC quality it is but everyone loves it.

His other battle, the one he teamed up with Symon to battle against Cat and Morimoto was also good. I don't understand Cat and Morimoto's dishes. Fish on Thanksgiving? No, thank you very much.
    I love Bobby Flay too! Everything he makes appeals to me. My only complaint is that it seems as if he gets chosen so much on IC, especially since Mario has been out of the picture. I'm looking forward to having someone on with some Italian background.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4110707;
    I wondered how long they could go on adding one Iron Chef a year. But I bet the winner only gets a one-year contract and they'll dump the unpopular ones after a year.
    My understanding was that this was a one year contract guaranteed then if they're popular they got to stay.

It was understandable to have Symon as say a fourth chef, a la Kobe in the Japanese version. Most of the time in the Japanese version, people would choose one of the three main ones (French, Japanese, or Chinese) but sometimes the chefs (at least one time it was the host himself) would choose Kobe.

Personally, I kinda wish they had gone to that traditional style - three or four chefs with specific styles. Now, it's just four or five chefs with various styles in each one.

I know the original attempt to do an American version actually attempted the same style as the Japanese one (Had I think Mario - Italian, Morimoto - Japanese/Chinese, and I think Flay - American) but it didn't do as well. Of course that could've been because William Shatner was the host, and it didn't have any "continuing the legacy of my uncle" schtick that the current one does. (BTW, as far as I know Kandagawa and the host of the American version are not related, and Kandagawa was actually an actor playing the role of the chairman).

So Happy that Marc Forgione won! He was so deserving! His dishes were well above Canora's this competition. He took chances and was bold and ultimatelythat's what wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4111027;
    So Happy that Marc Forgione won! He was so deserving! His dishes were well above Canora's this competition. He took chances and was bold and ultimatelythat's what wins.
    Sounds like the better one won this competition, and I wish him the best. Would've liked Ming's demeanor in Kitchen Stadium, but still, a good choice long term.

(I also wonder if the similarities between Canora and Cat Cora would've caused issues too. ).

To the Point

Canora certainly didn't hide his dismay when the chefs/judges were commenting on his different dishes. His face really was revealing. I think Forgione has a good personality for the show. I hope that he is more fun to watch than last years winner. Last years winner (gee, can't even remember his name) really has not made for interesting competitions. His personality really fell flat in Kitchen stadium.

I was thrilled with Forgione's win last night! And he looked so happy, I thought he was going to cry! I really think his personality will suit the show!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread