+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Tsai is gone. His personality is made more of half hour cooking show then the speed cooking of "Iron Chef". I suspect that we havent seen the last of Tsai on The Food Network.

I like Corona, he is an amical guy and will do well on Iron Chef.

FORT Fanatic

I wanted Chef Tsai to win, so I was bummed that he got voted out. But now I'm rooting for Chef Canora.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;4108006;
    Tsai is gone. His personality is made more of half hour cooking show then the speed cooking of "Iron Chef". I suspect that we havent seen the last of Tsai on The Food Network.

I like Corona, he is an amical guy and will do well on Iron Chef.
    I disagree here - there were several Iron Chefs in the Japanese version who had similar pleasant personalities (good and bad that I've seen in Tsai), and they had overall successful records. The two most pleasant ones - Morimoto and Takai (the French Chef) were also the ones with the best percentage of wins. The more surly ones had lower ratings, and the lowest was Kobe, but to be fair to him he had only a handful of challenges since many didn't want to tackle Italian.

That said, he'd do better in doing another cooking show because people are attracted to his type of cooking and style. His fusion courses were actually pretty simple enough that I've almost tried them myself.

Well, that and it seems pretty much all these chefs now want to challenge Flay, Cora or Symon instead of any of the chefs.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

More I think about this show.. and ICA... I have to wonder if they are not trying to 'replace' Bobby, Mario, and Kat. ICA will become a joke if they have 10 ICs to challenge. I am all for replacing them.. I love Symon, not so much the other new guy, hes forgetable, obviously. lol And i have never been a Bobby or Kat fan.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;4109791;
    More I think about this show.. and ICA... I have to wonder if they are not trying to 'replace' Bobby, Mario, and Kat. ICA will become a joke if they have 10 ICs to challenge. I am all for replacing them.. I love Symon, not so much the other new guy, hes forgetable, obviously. lol And i have never been a Bobby or Kat fan.
    They already got rid of Mario a while back.
    Not sure how much longer Bobby will stay around.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I like Cat Cora and Symon; I'm seeing too much of Bobby Flay, but that may be because I'm not really fond of Southwestern flavors. Do not like Garces at all, and Ming Tsai was the only one I would have tuned in to see. Won't be watching ICA nearly as often anymore.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;4109791;
    Yeah, I am all for replacing Flay. I am not into his food either. Grilling does not excite me. He is suffering from over exposure, for me. He is not a better chef than many, he just got his foot in the door. There are many more out there deserving of being on this show. Ming is one, for sure.

Its funny how everyone's tastes are so different. Mings food did not excited me, and I'm sure because of that I didn't enjoy watching him either. I do like Flay, but agree sometimes you need a break from him, otherwise it's just boring. Mario was my favorite, everything he made I would have love to have eaten. Although Forgione and Canora are not up to the same caliber as Mario, yet, I personally enjoy their cooking style.

On a side note, not sure if I can post a link but on Eater National their is an interview with Canora and Forgione that is pretty good and funny. Well worth the read. Sounds like they all really got along and respected each other. And Canora was not please with how he was portrayed as a cry baby, and how he describes it is funny! I like him better after reading this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4110026;
    [snipped]

On a side note, not sure if I can post a link but on Eater National their is an interview with Canora and Forgione that is pretty good and funny. Well worth the read. Sounds like they all really got along and respected each other. And Canora was not please with how he was portrayed as a cry baby, and how he describes it is funny! I like him better after reading this.
    Thanks for the heads up - that is an interesting article.

FORT Newbie

Wow, am I the only one here who like Bobby? I hated him at first because to me he wasn't qualified as an IC. However, after seeing some of his battles I started to like his attitude, methods, and cooking. His latest battle I've seen is the one with an African chef, the secret ingredient is corns. I loved his corn and coconut curried chowder. I wrote down the recipe and made it myself. I don't know how IC quality it is but everyone loves it.

His other battle, the one he teamed up with Symon to battle against Cat and Morimoto was also good. I don't understand Cat and Morimoto's dishes. Fish on Thanksgiving? No, thank you very much.

+ Reply to Thread