+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

FORT Fan

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4105704;
    Ok. I've totally given up on Food Network.
    Canora and Fagione - NO.

Bad enough that this network has cut some of the best chefs through the years.
    Ming was the only one I would have watched.

FN, not everyone enjoys over the top, obnoxious personalities.
    Thank you - when they cut Ming after I watched the stupid judges tell me how bad Canora's food was (he burned the steak, but that was smokey???) and Fagione's ravioli was thick and not cooked thru - yet they "win"

nope DONE

I didnt like Symon, dont like Garces, and now I'm done, would've stuck around for Ming, but nope, done!

FORT Fan

If only they (Food Network) was flooded with the dismay of their "choice"

Contact Us : ABOUT US : Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by angelmum3;4105815;

Thanks!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Regular

I have watched every episode of this show and do not see how all of you are fans of Tsai. I have seen a smug look on his face when the others are given a bad critique and then amazement when he is given a bad critique. I get the impression that he thought everyone else was beneath him. I really don't care for any of these chefs as Iron Chef.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmum3;4105815;

Thank you for posting this.
    I went ahead and sent my email.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Well I do not watch Jose Garces when he is on Iron Chef, so I will be adding which ever one wins this season to my list of do not watch.
    There's no place like home!

Forgione has been my favorite since the first episode. I hope and pray he wins but I've got a sick feeling that Canora will because he's won more challenges. (Don't the judges incorporate the entire season's dishes when they make their choice?) There's something about Chef Canora that bugs the heck out of me. Blech.

If Canora wins I won't watch him on IC. I didn't like Garces, last season, and I don't watch him either. It's my little protest. heh

Forgione has been my favorite as well from night one. I find it interesting that of the last few that were left, Tsai, Forgione, and Canora are the Chefs that have a broader background with their education, traveling around the world and training in other countries. I think that makes a difference. I remember last season when Symon was judging between Garces and the other guy, he was insisntent on Garces winning because he was the best at executing his dishes, and that was the most important aspect of being an Iron Chef. Given that, Canora has won the majority of the competitions, but then again, I have a hard time thinking FN would make it that obvious, where's the fun in that? I also have an issue with why Canora didn't get called out more on his steak being over cooked, to me that's the same as Forgiones pasta being a bit under cooked??? I don't like how they've portrayed Canora either, whether he's that arrogant or not, he's not coming off well to the viewer. I see him as arrogant and whinney and much of the time already acting as if he was the winner. He drove me nuts with all the "respect" comments about the food when he was judging his peers, which by the way, he had a difficult time complimenting any ones elses dishes. Poor sportsmanship in my book. Like I said, whether he's actually like that or not, I don't know, but if Canora is the new Iron Chef, why would FN edit him to make his look this way?

Tsai is gone? Frankly, they don't need any more Iron Chefs. I would have been interested if he joined because I've seen his show and really enjoyed it. But now, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4107084;
    Tsai is gone? Frankly, they don't need any more Iron Chefs. I would have been interested if he joined because I've seen his show and really enjoyed it. But now, meh.
    I'm guessing they're bringing in new Iron Chefs to possibly change out for those who don't want to cook as often, such as Cat or Bobby - who seem to be chosen a lot in these challenges. Can't say as I blame them wanting to take breaks for that reason.

In fact, does Morimoto even compete anymore? In the American verison, he's been by far my favorite chef.

+ Reply to Thread