+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2603277;
    I thought the whole show was amazing. Now that's how you do a food competition reality show. The challenges were interesting and definitely geared towards actual things an Iron Chef would encounter.

I was a bit disgusted with the sweat but to be honest? The chefs were too. A couple of them made comments about how hot it was, how bad the sweating was, and how nothing was getting cold or acting right because of the heat.

That first challenge? With the speed and doing the basics? Was really good and I kept thinking about all those Top Cheftants who have shown that they don't have these basic skills.
    I really liked the show too. I had thought it would be a series of cook-offs, but this format was much more entertaining.

I like morrou and besh so far.

According to my favorite foodie site, FN had the AC and blowers shut off because they wanted good audio--which they got. One chef blogged that it was 132 degrees in the kitchen, and one chef suffered from dehydration. The challenges, both here and on Top Chef are based on the ACF Master Chef rating certification.

Quote Originally Posted by Haivart;2610619;
    According to my favorite foodie site, FN had the AC and blowers shut off because they wanted good audio--which they got. One chef blogged that it was 132 degrees in the kitchen, and one chef suffered from dehydration. The challenges, both here and on Top Chef are based on the ACF Master Chef rating certification.
    I know how hot it can get even in a fast food kitchen. We used to argue over who got to get the meat and stuff out of the walk-in fridge and freezer.

I can deal with less good audio if it means less presperation.

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2610875;
    I know how hot it can get even in a fast food kitchen. We used to argue over who got to get the meat and stuff out of the walk-in fridge and freezer.

I can deal with less good audio if it means less presperation.
    Wow, I am surprised they purposely put the chefs in those conditions for Audio reasons...

Sheesh... It's not like they can't afford better mics....

I hope they explain a little of that in the next episode... AND correct the situation....

Makes me look at "Howie" in a whole nother (dryer) light...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Not only the sweating, but the one guy cutting himself, and bleeding all over did not give a too sanitary appearance either. You would almost think they would make someone rinse off and bandage it, or put on plastic gloves.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

yeah, OSHA would not have been too happy with that, huh?

I haven't seen today's ep yet, but after last week's competition, as well as his role as competitor on Iron Chef, I like Besh. His food looks good, and he's very easy on the eyes! (He also seems to have a good rapport with Alton and the judges.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Newbie

Nobody watching? I was hoping for the play-by-play. I've got one television and a really old Tivo, so I can only record/watch one channel. Cold Case wins that contest, so I generally Tivo the rebroadcast at midnight, but I do like my spoilers. I'm curious about how this show will play out--I'm personally rooting for Jill Davie, since Josie is my favorite restaurant, but I'm really enjoying the interaction of the chefs, and I think that they really got an amazing group of competitors all around.

Toady's epi was good. Not sure I understood the need for the use of technology, I don't like chemicals used in my food but they thought it was important to an Iron Chef.. so ok.

Sanchez is getting on my nerves. He whines too much and what part of "time's up" is he not understanding? I see him getting eliminated in the not too distant future because he tries to plate or something past the time up call.

Besh is fast emerging as a personal favorite as is Mike from Lola. The others I'm still up in the air about.

Wasn't going to say who was eliminated and won but since ya asked.......

+ Reply to Thread