+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4100665;
    To me, Chef Tsai has the best television personality out of this group.

Michael Symon was a great choice when they did this show the first time.
    I so agree... I have been watching Tsai for years and have always had a slight "crush" on him. I really want him to win

And I agree Symon was a find. I just love the guy.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

The non-double elimination was sort of predictable. No way were they whittling it down like that, we sort of knew Caswell didn't stand a chance at winning because his personality is too similar to that of Flay and Symone.

I actually think Canora is going to win and that will free up my tv recording schedule because I will NOT watch any episode with him in it. How do I know this? Because his edit has changed, when was the last time we saw him being an out and out jerk? They are working hard at making him more personable at the expense of Tsai who is being shown more and more in a jerk-like light.

Problem with that is that we already saw Canora being the ultimate jerk and I won't be forgetting that no matter how much they back pedal and spin and try to change that now. I would be very surprised if he doesn't win.

Count me on the group that has a slight crush on Symon, him and Psilakis (who could pass for brothers lol, I guess I have a thing for bald manly-man chefs with gorgeous smiles lol).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4101111;
    The non-double elimination was sort of predictable. No way were they whittling it down like that, we sort of knew Caswell didn't stand a chance at winning because his personality is too similar to that of Flay and Symone.

I actually think Canora is going to win and that will free up my tv recording schedule because I will NOT watch any episode with him in it. How do I know this? Because his edit has changed, when was the last time we saw him being an out and out jerk? They are working hard at making him more personable at the expense of Tsai who is being shown more and more in a jerk-like light.

Problem with that is that we already saw Canora being the ultimate jerk and I won't be forgetting that no matter how much they back pedal and spin and try to change that now. I would be very surprised if he doesn't win.

Count me on the group that has a slight crush on Symon, him and Psilakis (who could pass for brothers lol, I guess I have a thing for bald manly-man chefs with gorgeous smiles lol).
    I like Symon too.... something about the guy.

AS for Canora winning, I odn't like him either and probably would not watch him. I usually watch the IC that feature Symon pretty regularly. i hope TPTB realize people also want to watch IC and if Canora isn't terribly popular, they might not want him.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4101146;
    I like Symon too.... something about the guy.

AS for Canora winning, I odn't like him either and probably would not watch him. I usually watch the IC that feature Symon pretty regularly. i hope TPTB realize people also want to watch IC and if Canora isn't terribly popular, they might not want him.
    You would think they wouldn't want him anyway because his name sounds too much like Cat Cora's name. So, unless she's retiring, it could get REAL confusing.

Then again, from the sound of things this fellow wouldn't be chosen a lot on the show due to his arrogance.

I like Tsai, but I've always liked him from his shows. He's got the personality and coolness needed for a show like this, and his choice in foods is rather nice as well. He does have to work on his styling/plating, but watching "IC" at times, that seems to be the least worry (it's only 5 points compared to the rest of the meal).

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4100649;
    I thought Chef Forgione had the best comments from the judges, so was surprised that someone ranked him last.

I don't like Canora either. I'm not that enamored of any of this group. No one's standing out to me in terms of personality. I can remember 4 chefs from Season 1. (I didn't watch Season 2.)

I like watching Bobby Flay, Cat Cora, and Michael Symon because they each have a good sense of humor. I like to have little sparkles of personality and humor during all that cooking. I don't enjoy watching the chef who won Season 2.
    I agree, and when Morimoto was a regular Iron Chef, I enjoyed watching him too (but I liked him on the Japanese version as well, his predecessors on the Japanese version were rather arrogant and bitter when they lost).

I don't like Garces - he just seems too odd, and he seems to do poorly. It's little wonder to me he feels like Kobe from the Japanese version - very rarely chosen.

I was holding my breath at the end of the show last night, I thought for sure Tsai was a gonner. So glad he has another week to cook.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Newbie

Thank you, everyone. I was thinking to myself gosh this Tsai guy looks exactly like Ming when I was flipping through the channels and saw the new competition of the next Iron Chef on. But then I thought nah no way he would be on here since he has his own show and stuff. But I guess being an Iron Chef is different, or should I say, better than being Ming?

I like Ming on his show, therefore, he has my vote. If he doesn't win, Tio lady has it. I hate that Italian old fart; Canora or whatever his name is. He sounds pretentious. Yeah, I get it, we should respect the food, but how much respect does one have to give when it's already all out? Really...... Very annoying!

It seems to me that Simon doesn't like Ming's dishes and/or presentation. The lady judge doesn't like Tio's. The guy judge doesn't like Forgiono's (is this his name?). Them three have mixed feelings with Canora's. So, my guess is he'll be the winner. For one thing, they've started to show a better lighting of him. And then the judges love his dishes. The guests love his dishes. And my predicted winner Tsai is starting to act like a jerk; he's a runner-up. I'm not gonna watch Canora's battles if he wins.
    Last edited by MissLT; 11-11-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I saw the first part of the last show - the dessert challenge - that I had missed the other night. Since I bashed Canora for not having a sense of humor, I have to come back and say that he did show a sense of humor about himself when his dessert didn't turn out well. It made me feel a little better about him, but I still find him really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4103918;
    I saw the first part of the last show - the dessert challenge - that I had missed the other night. Since I bashed Canora for not having a sense of humor, I have to come back and say that he did show a sense of humor about himself when his dessert didn't turn out well. It made me feel a little better about him, but I still find him really annoying.
    I'd like to know why Canora in the dessert competition didn't get called out during the judging about his flat cream puffs? I personally didn't think his dessert was very "iron chef" worthy.

FORT Regular

My choice is Chef Tsai ALL THE WAY!! He is the one that cooks like an Iron Chef and he is so cool and easy as a TV personality! I love HIS show!

I do not think he is the winner,I think you all are right on Canora(yuck!) winning....and I will not watch him,so there you go!

+ Reply to Thread