+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

[QUOTE=Max64;4099551; Looking forward to tomorrows show, double elimination... yikes![/QUOTE]

Dang it!! And my cable company just stopped carrying Food Network! I am going to miss seeing this show.

Quote Originally Posted by luv4stephen;4099887;
    Dang it!! And my cable company just stopped carrying Food Network! I am going to miss seeing this show.
    Man I'd be protesting that. How could they do that!!!
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by luv4stephen;4099887;
    Oh, I'd be upset if I couldn't get the Food Network... If I were you I'd write them in protest! I'm surprised they dropped it, it's such a popular network.. If need be, I can give you a play by play

Yeah, so my provider couldn't come to an agreement on the contract with the company that provides HGTV, DIY, the Food Channel and Food Network. Both sides are telling different stories. It's a big mess and I'm so aggravated.

I'm not a fan of Chef Canora, but I do give him kudos on the win. Food looked very good.
    I'm very glad it was not a double elimination and glad to see Ming is still around.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

Results from last night's show:

The contest moved to Las Vegas where the chefs non-elimination challenge was to create a dessert with chocolate. Chef Tsai won the challenge and was given 60 seconds to pick his ingredients for the elimination challenge before the remaining contestants could begin picking their choices. The elimination challenge was to prepare 5 upscale buffet dishes (2 cold, 3 hot). This was a double elimination with the bottom two chefs going home. Chef Caswell was sent home. One of the judges ranked Chef Tsai last, one ranked Chef Tio last and the final judge ranked Chef Forgione last. It was a draw so only one chef was eliminated last night. Next week two chefs absolutely positively will be sent home.

How typical...we were promised a double elimination and didn't get one, but there will be one next week since the one promised this week didn't happen lol

I dislike Chef Canora too, I hope Tsai takes it... I would be ok if Tio(sp?) takes it as well...but I cannot stand Canora.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I thought Chef Forgione had the best comments from the judges, so was surprised that someone ranked him last.

I don't like Canora either. I'm not that enamored of any of this group. No one's standing out to me in terms of personality. I can remember 4 chefs from Season 1. (I didn't watch Season 2.)

I like watching Bobby Flay, Cat Cora, and Michael Symon because they each have a good sense of humor. I like to have little sparkles of personality and humor during all that cooking. I don't enjoy watching the chef who won Season 2.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I know! Chef Garces won last season and I watched him do an Iron Chef battle last night and he didn't do very well at all. He showed no personality or fun during the battle and then he lost because his food wasn't that good. I hope they do better at picking someone out this season.

To me, Chef Tsai has the best television personality out of this group.

Michael Symon was a great choice when they did this show the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;4100543;
    Results from last night's show:

The contest moved to Las Vegas where the chefs non-elimination challenge was to create a dessert with chocolate. Chef Tsai won the challenge and was given 60 seconds to pick his ingredients for the elimination challenge before the remaining contestants could begin picking their choices. The elimination challenge was to prepare 5 upscale buffet dishes (2 cold, 3 hot). This was a double elimination with the bottom two chefs going home. Chef Caswell was sent home. One of the judges ranked Chef Tsai last, one ranked Chef Tio last and the final judge ranked Chef Forgione last. It was a draw so only one chef was eliminated last night. Next week two chefs absolutely positively will be sent home.
    I kept thinking how convienient that they all chose a different person.... so I guess nothing suprised me.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread