+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

FORT Fan

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

I really hope that Chef Canora doesn't win this. He seems like a talented chef, but I don't respect the "let me take everything and leave my fellow contestants with few choices even though I'm not going to use those ingredients attitude", especially at this level of expertise. Ultimately I think that it reflects insecurity.

Chef Canora is horrible. He may be a talented chef but his personality and attitude stink! If they choose him? I won't be watching any of the episodes with him in it because I do not condone his behavior.

In my opinion it should be Chef Forgione, Tio, or Tsai as the winner.

I was wanting Chef Chauhan but she has the curse of a truly ethnic chef in this competition in that the judges will ping her mercilessly for not being able to cook American cuisine and get out of her Indian food. She and no other Indian chef (or chef who cooks a specialty/non-American food like African) will ever win because the judges are looking for an East meets West sort of chef who can cook burgers and steaks, etc. You know what I mean lol.

Chef Tio reminds me ALOT of Cat Cora which is why I think she may wind up winning this thing. She has that same tough way of talking and acting but I am afraid that the judges are in love with Canora and will choose him.

Oh and I like Chef Caswell but really don't think we need another Bobby/Michael type Iron Chef and he reminds me too much of them.

Actually, come to think of it. I'd be fine with any of the remaining chefs winning other than Canora.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

It is time for another female Iron Chef.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;4082396;
    I adore Ming, I think his show (East Meets West) is the first cooking show I watched and started me on the path to my love of all things Food TV. Hes got the be the front runner but given his exp, would it be a fair win if he were to win?? That said I wish him the best of luck and would watch ANY show he was on
    Fun thing about Ming's show there - he had Morimoto on one of his episodes, and I believe it was something to do with sushi. It was quite fun, but at the time you could tell Morimoto still had a lot of problems with his English. (I know he still does and sometimes needs a translator, but I've noticed that Morimoto uses one less frequently.)

Sadly, I haven't been able to follow this show too easily due to work and other commitments. That said, I'd like to see either Ming win or a woman win the competition. I think there is a lot to be said that women did very well in the Japanese version against the other Iron Chefs, and Cat has to be a little lonely being the only female Iron Chef. (Plus, while I do like her cooking, I do get tired of her being chosen a lot because she is a woman Iron Chef and would like them to have to choose between two female ones. )

Strange. If the ad that popped up on Facebook today is true, then I know who won. To be fair, I'm not going to spoil it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haivart;4099357;
    Strange. If the ad that popped up on Facebook today is true, then I know who won. To be fair, I'm not going to spoil it.
    YOu can message me and let me know. I love a spoiler!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4099424;
    YOu can message me and let me know. I love a spoiler!!
    I was just about to post the same. I would love to know as well!

If it's anyone but Ming, I don't think I want to know.
    I don't at all like the 2 new guys on the Iron Chef.
    I much prefer the old ones.
    I'd watch Ming, but probably not the rest of them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I hope its Ming! I've enjoyed his shows. Also love Mike Symon, just not into his new shows.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

I hope Chef Forgione wins this in the end. I know last week was a bad week for him, but I think he's been consistent in his performance and in his plating. I like his personality too, he's confident but still modest, not cocky. Unlike Chef Canora, and could he have possibly said "respect" any more than what he did on Sunday?? Chef Canora seems to be getting most of the screen time, which worries me a bit, but then I don't think they edited him in the best way last week either, too arogant. Looking forward to tomorrows show, double elimination... yikes!

+ Reply to Thread