+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

FORT Fan

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

I think Chef Tsai has the personality for TV, I think he would bring great energy to the Food Network.

I have not been a fan of Garces, or Symon - and I really didnt get Symon's show Offal - at all!

I also thought I read that Mario is still scheduled to be on Iron Chef - maybe only once or twice tho -

Chef Estes does look familear to me as well... hmmm

so glad that Chef Tsai didnt get cut last night!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I adore Ming, I think his show (East Meets West) is the first cooking show I watched and started me on the path to my love of all things Food TV. Hes got the be the front runner but given his exp, would it be a fair win if he were to win?? That said I wish him the best of luck and would watch ANY show he was on

I have my top 4 or so faves.. and i have to agree with everyone on the fact Estes or Canora should be gone soon.. and the Indian Chef (Adore her too) is what I hoped Aarti would have been, much better personality imo.. but then again i was not a fan of Aarti.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I also like Ming. Why would it not be fair for him to win? The original American Iron Chefs, Batali, Flay, and Morimoto, were hardly unknowns when the show began. I remember Morimoto from the original Japanese show, which was so much better. The artistry of what the Asian chefs could do was breathtaking although I doubt I'd eat much of it. I have a sophisticated, but definitely American, palate and wouldn't be able to handle meat or fish innards and eyeballs for example.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I just watched the first episode. Alton sure was snippy to Estes. I think he may have even out-snarked Tom Collicchio! We ate at Zazu a few years ago after reading lots of good reviews, and it was nothing special. The only thing I remember is how unmemorable it was. But there was no call for Alton to be so verbally abusive.

Last night's episode was so boring...i dont know why, i just didnt like it and i ended up watching something else, i didnt care for the two chefs on the top two and i didnt really care for the chef who got eliminated...

but i will say this, Im actually kinda disappointed with Chef Tsai's work...maybe they're just trying to be extra hard on him, but i really expect him to be on top of his game lol

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4082898;
    I also like Ming. Why would it not be fair for him to win? The original American Iron Chefs, Batali, Flay, and Morimoto, were hardly unknowns when the show began. I remember Morimoto from the original Japanese show, which was so much better. The artistry of what the Asian chefs could do was breathtaking although I doubt I'd eat much of it. I have a sophisticated, but definitely American, palate and wouldn't be able to handle meat or fish innards and eyeballs for example.
    Difference with Bobby and Mario, etc.. they never had to win their spots.. the show was created with them all in place. Mike Symon was the first to win off TNIC, if im recalling correctly. That notwithstanding, I WANT Ming to win as he is by far my fave this season. But I can see how the others would feel it unfair given hes already been on a Food TV show and has that exp under his belt.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Ming has probably already won. This network has proven with The Next Food Network star that it just uses these shows to bring their chosen one into the public eye and that there never really is any competition. I have no doubt that one of these contestants has already won and the rest are just fodder.

Looking at the current Iron Chefs (and how much of a failure Garces has been....I like the guy but he is boring), I think that there are only three who could adequately fill the position. Tsai, Chauhan, and Forgione are the ones who seem to be the most camera ready. The others either don't have the interesting spark that we expect in an Iron Chef or the consistent ability under pressure to put out interesting results.

At some point being an Iron Chef isn't going to be all that special if they keep adding a new one every season.

And on a purely superficial note, Estes looks like a little pit bull. No neck, all shoulders and stumpy arms. She makes me uncomfortable looking at her and I don't think I'd like watching her cook, plus she whines. Alot. I'm sure she's a lovely person, however, if you put yourself in a position where you will appear on television regularly, be prepared to be judged for your looks.

Personally? I want Chauhan to win because I want another female up there. Enough with the men! LOL
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;4088067;
    Difference with Bobby and Mario, etc.. they never had to win their spots.. the show was created with them all in place. Mike Symon was the first to win off TNIC, if im recalling correctly. That notwithstanding, I WANT Ming to win as he is by far my fave this season. But I can see how the others would feel it unfair given hes already been on a Food TV show and has that exp under his belt.
    I see your point, Firewoman. I guess I'm looking at it from the point of view of the one I'd most like to watch on Iron Chef. Right now, that would be Ming, partly because Asian cuisine is among my favorites, partly because he has personality. I don't find Garces fun to watch and never did, even when he was competing.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I was so glad that Estes left last night. She was really getting on my nerves with her whiney, blaming, puffed-up self. I think that Ming is definitely the most watchable of all of these people. Maybe it is partially due to the fact that he already had a show. Most of the old Iron Chefs came from a place of already having tv experience and that seems to make them prepared to be Iron Chefs.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4090374;
    I was so glad that Estes left last night. She was really getting on my nerves with her whiney, blaming, puffed-up self. I think that Ming is definitely the most watchable of all of these people. Maybe it is partially due to the fact that he already had a show. Most of the old Iron Chefs came from a place of already having tv experience and that seems to make them prepared to be Iron Chefs.
    I am really hoping that Ming wins. But I wonder. Do they think they need another Asian-inspired stylist?

+ Reply to Thread