+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Mario Batali fans, please PM me.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I liked how the show went last night. But who remembers the show "In Living Color" one of Jim Carrey's characters Vino de Milo? I would have sworn that is who Chef Estes was, I know not nice
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There's no place like home!

I think I'd like to see Chef Tsai win, but I'm not sure he will. Maybe I watch too much reality tv but rarely is the clear leader the winner.

I do not want Estes or Canora anywhere near that finale, I think they are already dreadful people and I won't be happy watching them. As much as I like Garces, he is so blah and boring. Nothing like Bobby or Michael in the stadium and I'm sure that FN is aware of this and will be casting somebody with a better personality.

So I am going to be looking for the chef who manages to convey an interesting personality along with the skill. Too early in the game to say who is going to win, just who I would like to win.

I'd also like the Indian chef to win but I don't really see that happening after Aarti won her show.

Oh and finally, I like this show so much more than Top Chef. I wish that Top Chef was more like this, serious and with chefs who I can respect.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I like the Indian chef too, I think its definitely possible for her to win.

I really want chef Ming Tsai to win, but I agree, I don't know if he can win...but he has the most experience as far as being on television and he already proven himself to be quite capable on Iron Chef. But we'll see I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;4076905;

I really want chef Ming Tsai to win, but I agree, I don't know if he can win...but he has the most experience as far as being on television and he already proven himself to be quite capable on Iron Chef. But we'll see I guess...
    Love Ming and want him to win.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;4076905;

I have always liked him and would love to see him win. I only ever see him on PBS so I wonder if FN is wanting to bring him "on board".
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I love Ming too and think he would be an awesome Iron Chef! He was awesome when he competed on the Iron Chef show and he definitely has the ability to be a great Iron Chef.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain;4076865;
    I liked how the show went last night. But who remembers the show "In Living Color" one of Jim Carrey's characters Vino de Milo? I would have sworn that is who Chef Estes was, I know not nice

Ala Austin Powers "She's a man man!"

Boy, did she make a fool of herself last night with choosing her own sandwich as the best. I am really glad that she got a taste of humble pie! Although, I thought she would have been the one who left because she didn't at all do the challenge. The entire point of Iron Chef is to use the secret ingrediant! duh!

FORT Regular

I just wanted to say that we're in Houston, and my husband and I eat at Bryan Caswell's restaurants all the time. We've never met him, but we're very impressed with the his food. I will say, he is one of the more inventive chefs in town. I think he does sometimes try to get so creative that occasionally his dishes just don't work, but he has far more hits than misses. (The snapper carpaccio at Reef and the suckling pig at Stella Sola are two of my favorite dishes ever.) I'm mostly rooting for him, but I don't want him to do so well that he ends up leaving Houston!

I am also a Ming Tsai fan and was pleasantly surprised to see him competing. Had to at the one chef who saw him reacted by saying in his one-on-one if it's fair that Ming is even competing.

I immediately like the Indian chef from the beginning. Hope she goes far.

+ Reply to Thread