+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Happy to see that Garces won. What was up Jeffrey's butt?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3755635;
    Darn!!
    I was afraid of that.

And FN had a poll a while back asking to name your favorite IC's.
    Bobby came out 1st, followed closely by Mario. The rest were very distant with Cat at the bottom. I guess FM doesn't care about polling their viewers.
    Hmmm. Mario is my least favorite. I just get a vibe off of him I do not like.

I ended up not watching this season. I liked the last one and was looking forward to it. RL is a pain, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3755591;
    Since he was the only IC not at the finals last night, I think Mario is gone.
    Cat wasn't there either.

I've always thought that the three that were there were the favorite IC's or maybe they are just my favorites? I find Cat and Mario horribly boring and Mario always looks really greasy and sort of gross when he's on and I can't ever see myself eating anything he cooks because he looks so slimy.

Hubby and I both agreed that we would have had a hard time eating most of what Mehta made because of the presentations. He had one dish that was a bunch of painted on streaks and stuff thrown around the plate and neither one of us had any idea what it was supposed to be or what the main part of it was! I would have looked at that plate and refused to eat it because of the presentation. I feel that was Mehta's downfall, he has no idea how to scale down and pull back. He just throws everything at the plate and hopes something sticks and succeeds.

Garces is going to have to find a personality and improve his skills quickly, he's got the technique down now he just has to find that wow factor but I think he will. He's got the bones and it will be interesting to watch him grow since you know he will be selected 85% of the time for the next year like Symon was selected so much at first but now balances out a little more with Flay.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3755637;
    Happy to see that Garces won. What was up Jeffrey's butt?
    Donatella? LOL he couldn't have made his avid dislike of that woman any clearer. Then again, I loath her too so I was sort of happy seeing her being put in her place so soundly. I blame her for the rapid dismissal of all the women. I really wanted a female to win this to balance out the testosterone in Kitchen Stadium a little bit.

That being said, I did feel he was completely out of line when he made his comments that the IC's liked a chef that was just like them. What does he know what they are thinking? Is he inside their heads? Did they come right out and say it? No, he was speculating and really should have kept it to himself. I did like the way the chefs all glared at him, especially Morimoto who looked like he wanted to jump across the table and clobber him for insulting them. I also liked that Symon seems to be their "mouth" lol evidenced by the fact that the other two looked at him with expressions that said "are you going to say something?"
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 11-24-2009 at 05:01 AM.

It dawned on me about 5:30 a.m. today that Cat was not at the finals either. I think/remember the oddest things early in the mornings.
    There's no place like home!

[QUOTE=Harmony2000;3756162;]

I did like the way the chefs all glared at him, especially Morimoto who looked like he wanted to jump across the table and clobber him for insulting them. QUOTE]

I would like to have seen that. He did look po-d!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3756175;
    It dawned on me about 5:30 a.m. today that Cat was not at the finals either. I think/remember the oddest things early in the mornings.
    Didnt her SO just have a baby not too long ago.. that may have overlapped with filming.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Anyone watching the new season?

I like Chef Ming Tsai the most, mostly because I've known of her before lol and wow, how bold was that when chef Estes voted for her own sandwich as the best lol

Is Marrrrio going to be the new season?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Well wasn't surprised with the elimination, Donatella's reaction pretty much gave it away... lol

Looks like an interesting group this season. Of course I'll root for the local Chef Pagan, but I like Chef Chauhan from the get-go too, and also Chef Tio. I didn't really mind that chef voting for her own sandwich as the best, I don't know what the big deal was, I say all the more power to her. It is a competition, after all. That being said, I am really disliking that Italian chef with the beard and the ponytail, Chef Canora. I don't know, something about him just really screams Mario Batali to me, and I hated Mario Batali. He's just so icky and gross, and so is this guy, at least so far, plus he's been too damn snarky for just the first episode.

+ Reply to Thread