+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2577489;
    I am actually looking forward to this as season 3 of Top chef was so disappointing.
    Same here. Hopefully we'll see some real culinary talent. Add me to the list of Alton fans.

Just a reminder, this starts this coming Sunday. After a rather disappointing Top Chef, I'm really hoping this show turns out to be great.

Tonight at 9pm.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

One eliminated already, I thought they would have stuck around a bit longer than that. Still, it was intense and exciting and the savory dessert challenge was a real trip. One thing I really noted was that on Season 3 of Top Chief quite a few posters noted how disgusting it was to watch Howie work in the kitchen because he sweated so much. Well, then prepare to be disgusted cause everyone of these chefs was dripping.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought the whole show was amazing. Now that's how you do a food competition reality show. The challenges were interesting and definitely geared towards actual things an Iron Chef would encounter.

I was a bit disgusted with the sweat but to be honest? The chefs were too. A couple of them made comments about how hot it was, how bad the sweating was, and how nothing was getting cold or acting right because of the heat.

That first challenge? With the speed and doing the basics? Was really good and I kept thinking about all those Top Cheftants who have shown that they don't have these basic skills.

Interesting, as I saw both challenges as ripoffs of ones already done on Top Chef. I was shocked that DesJardins was eliminated first as she had done really well on the actual Iron Chef show. Choosing fish eggs did her in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2603407;
    Interesting, as I saw both challenges as ripoffs of ones already done on Top Chef. I was shocked that DesJardins was eliminated first as she had done really well on the actual Iron Chef show. Choosing fish eggs did her in.
    I was surprised she was the first to go as well. I had just watch a rerun of Iron Chef when she won, so I thought she was a shoo-in to stay in. I am really leaning towards Morou Ouattara to win. Didn't he debone the chicken in like seconds?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I've watched all the seasons of Top Chef and have never seen them do a challenge like these. I liked the fact that they are individual challenges, I hate team challenges unless its where you are using your own sous chef or something like that.

Morou definitely had the speed, he was a mad man and I liked his personality! But he also did many of his items sloppily and was deducted for that. The Iron Chef that ran right before the show was the one where Best beat Mario in the andouille sausage battle. I wonder if they ran all the Iron Chefs showing the various contestants that day? I think I've seen most of them on the show already... or I could be remembering wrong.

Wow... you're right. The Sunday marathon was all the contestants.

Dang it!! I wish I had known that before hand! I would have loved to see them all in action. I only caught Best and then when libgirl2 mentioned catching the female it made me wonder if it was all of them. Drats, will have to keep an eye out for repeats now because I would love to see them in their element instead of just in a competition so I can better select a favorite.

+ Reply to Thread