+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Personally I think all the judges on Chopped look like they are eating something sour. Maybe that is what they are suppose to look like, not real sure.
    There's no place like home!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

It goes to show how our previous impressions of people make such a difference in our perceptions of them when they seem to act different in newer ventures. I have only seen Alex on Chopped and I can't stand her. No way would I watch her new show - beyotch!! If that is the impression others had about Frietag coming into this, no wonder you can't stand her!

Freitag's attitude on Chopped and most of the Next Iron Chef episodes really turn me off. Also, I haven't been very excited about her food. Maybe I'm ignoring her food because I can't stand watching her . . .???

As for Alex Guarnaschelli, who is mentioned in a few posts, her attitude on Chopped is even worse than Freitag's, yet I saw her (once) judging on Iron Chef and she was lighthearted, fun and funny. I can't figure it out.

I'd like Chef Garces to win. I think he makes good food and he's got a good attitude and humility and he's a sportsmanlike competitor. He'd be interesting to watch as an Iron Chef.

Well guess we were wrong. I never thought Frietag would be eliminated. They were giving her such praise. I think I will pull for Chef Mehta now.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3746108;
    Well guess we were wrong. I never thought Frietag would be eliminated. They were giving her such praise. I think I will pull for Chef Mehta now.
    I posted way back when they got rid of Crenn that I felt that the female judges really had it in for the female contestants and that I didn't think they'd let a female win. They were pretty much consistently nastier to the females than to the men and it sometimes felt almost personal.

I'm not surprised they eliminated her.

I was hoping and had convinced myself that she could win and would win because I wanted another female IC but I had a feeling she wouldn't because I didn't feel the female judges would allow it.

I'm pulling for Garces now.

I was surprised she went too. I really am hoping they move away from Asian food and try something different.....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Although I'm glad Freitag is gone, I'm surprised because it seemed during service that the judges were more critical of Mullen's meal.

I've already stated that I hope Garces wins and I'm glad he's still in the running, although I think the judges favor Mehta.

I don't think they'll pick Mehta. He seems very polarizing. My guess it it's pre-destined to be Mullen.

Well, I said I would be shocked, and I am. I guess I am used to the shows where they already have the winner picked in their minds and work the show around that person for the win. I saw "we need another woman Iron Chef" and expected her to win. I am glad that on this show they seem to be more fair-minded.

That being said, I was dissapointed with last night's outcome. I was surprised when they called Mehta second, as the judges seemed to say something negative about each of his dishes. Mullen's dishes were universally well received. The only negative I remember during service was that his ice cream had melted. Once again, I am fooled by editing.

I think that Garces will win. They continue to comment on how he brings a 'latin flair' to whatever cuisine he is cooking. They tend to like someone with a defined culinary point of view.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

I thought for sure Mehta was gone last night...they were really critical of many of his dishes. And I didn't think Freitag would be gone...they liked her stuff!

(And as I watched the show, I kept thinking that I'd be OK if Freitag won, especially if she continued to smile more...)

+ Reply to Thread