+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3743344;
    I am so sorry.... but watch the show, two people got booted off and I wont' say the other one....
    It's ok! LOL I only said that because he was the only one left that I was interested in and now with him gone? I've lost all interest in the show this season. Good thing too because my dance card is full (get it? HAHA lol)

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer;3742070;
    Maybe they mean Michael Symon? Though I'm not sure what his food POV is.
    Oops. I'm sorry. I did mean Michael Symon. It ws late and I was going back and forth between doing some work and doing this.

In any case, I was looking forward to the addition of a Frech cuisine chef and I liked Crenn..
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I am fairly sure that Frietag will win, and I'm ok with that. I didn't/don't like her on Chopped, but see a softer, more human side on TNIC.
    I agree with you about Frietag. I have a feeling she'll win.

That said, I HATE everything about her on Chopped. She's just way too witchy and stern on that show. It seems the editing and the people in charge at Iron Chef are doing their best to effectively show her in a different light. This woman actually smiles and seems to have a heart and they're trying to get that point across. Also, she was recently a guest on The Martha Stewart Show where she was all smiley and good natured. I think the appearance was well planned to kind of introduce her to folks who have never seen Chopped or those who have and don't like her.

With the tension on each of Iron Chef's episodes I think, if she wins, the televison viewers are going to witness the Chopped version of Chef Frietag which, IMO, isn't attractive.......at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3744052;
    With the tension on each of Iron Chef's episodes I think, if she wins, the televison viewers are going to witness the Chopped version of Chef Frietag which, IMO, isn't attractive.......at all.
    You mean the way she was on the first episode? I couldn't believe what a stank face she had, she was my least favorite contestant and then the weeks went on and she started warming up and smiling and suddenly I don't dislike her as much as I did that first time and then I started thinking that they need another female on IC.

I think I've been played! LOL

I'm always willing to have my mind changed about these contestants, I hope that the Frietag we are seeing now is the one that shows up on IC.

You mean the way she was on the first episode? I couldn't believe what a stank face she had, she was my least favorite contestant and then the weeks went on and she started warming up and smiling and suddenly I don't dislike her as much as I did that first time and then I started thinking that they need another female on IC.....
    The way she acted on the first few episodes of TNIC is exactly how she presents herself on Chopped. Thing is, there's no reason for her to appear so heartless and stern on Chopped. She's not under any sort of time crunch or tension. She's a judge! So, what's the deal??

I believe the editors humanized her as the weeks went by on TNIC because they saw how well she was doing and realized she could be their winner. Like I said, it's all in the editing as most reality shows are.

I don't know Chef Freitag. She's probably a very lovely woman but the impression I have of her from her appearances on Chopped and the first few weeks of IC weren't flattering...at all.

The way she acted on the first few episodes of TNIC is exactly how she presents herself on Chopped. Thing is, there's no reason for her to appear so heartless and stern on Chopped. She's not under any sort of time crunch or tension. She's a judge! So, what's the deal??

I believe the editors humanized her as the weeks went by on TNIC because they saw how well she was doing and realized she could be their winner. Like I said, it's all in the editing as most reality shows are.

I don't know Chef Freitag. She's probably a very lovely woman but the impression I have of her from her appearances on Chopped and the first few weeks of IC weren't flattering...at all.
    I still don't want her to win. As you said, she's a judge on Chopped...she can be strict without that really horrid face. And the fact that she went several episodes on TNIC with that same face makes me wonder if someone said to her, "you better start smiling because that's not a face anyone will watch on ICA!"

I probably won't watch her anyway if she wins. (OK, maybe once to see which personality shows up ;-) )

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

See, that is why my opinion of her was different. I never saw her on Chopped, but I saw her when she battled on the regular Iron Chef and she was great! She was funny, laughing alot, talking alot, and really sweet. So, when I first saw her on this show, I wondered why she was being so stern, but thought that wasn't how she really is, she was putting on her "game face".
    So, I guess it has to do with your previous experience with her.

Alex Guarnaschelli is usually the judge on Chopped. She definitely has the sour look when tasting food. I know that Frietag has substituted as a judge also.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3744642;
    Alex Guarnaschelli is usually the judge on Chopped. She definitely has the sour look when tasting food. I know that Frietag has substituted as a judge also.

Alex is every bit as stern and sour on Chopped as Chef Frietag. Funny thing is that she (Alex) will soon be premiering her own new show on Food Network. In the previews I've seen she's ALL smiles.

It seems Chopped brought out the worst in these two women.

Alex has had a show for some time now. The Cooking Loft. I have not watched, but have seen the previews. I see she is getting another show Alex's Day Off.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread