+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3727485;
    Yes, that was Chef Trevino and I was also wondering why he didn't seem to be looking for a substitute for the grape leaves. Either way, I'm happy he's still around because I like him for some reason.
    I think Chef Trevino wasn't looking for a substitute because he knew perfectly well who had all the grape leaves and was biding his time until the other chef decided to share the wealth. However, I think Trevino would have been much better off (in the eyes of the judges) if he had called the other chef's bluff and come up with substitue for the grape leaves.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

We have been speculating if one of the Iron Chefs is retiring.
    Morimoto has been doing this for his entire adult life - maybe he is ready to retire (have you seen him on the Japanese Iron Chef? just a pup!)
    Bobby Flay is doing soooo much, maybe he's had enough.
    Mario Batali has another show and is so famous, maybe he's ready to move on.
    Cat Cora is pregnant, but I don't see her retiring.
    Michael Simon is too new to retire.
    It will be interesting to see if any of them go, or they just add a new person.
    Chef Appleman is an ass and there is no way he will win with the jerk-edit! I like the American woman, Chef Frietag. She is really a friendly, warm person. When she battled on Iron Chef, she was funny and humble. I hope she wins.

Mario wasn't in the lineup the last time I watched Iron Chef America (maybe 5 weeks ago?...that's the last time I watched it in primetime, anyway). I Googled to see what I could find, and according to the NY Post of 5 Sept 2007, he wasn't going to be on any more after they cut his other shows, but I'd swear that I'd seen him (although maybe not that often).

Last night was a new episode and Mario was still in the line-up of Iron Chefs. I hope he doesn't leave because he is so good, and has such personality when he cooks. I would hope they wouldn't just drop him out of the line-up, and that they would acknowledge him as he moves on. We'll see what happens....

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3736419;
    Last night was a new episode and Mario was still in the line-up of Iron Chefs. I hope he doesn't leave because he is so good, and has such personality when he cooks. I would hope they wouldn't just drop him out of the line-up, and that they would acknowledge him as he moves on. We'll see what happens....
    Funny enough, Mario Batali is the one Iron Chef I simply can't stand. There's just something so arrogant and icky about him that just drives me mad and I always change the channel if he's the featured Iron Chef of the episode.

That being said, if there's one guy that should not win this, it's Appleman. What a disgusting, arrogant slob. That's two weeks in a row that he makes uo completely fake stories just to try and impress the judges. He's pathetic and a jerk! If he were to win, I'd quit watching the show entirely.

Right now, of the ones left, I am rooting for Chefs Trevino and Freitag. They have the most personality of the whole bunch, I find them both likeable. And there's the fact that Chef Trevino is a local, makes it easier to root for him.

Rembrant: Rather than just quote your whole post which I mostly agree with, I'll just hit on a couple of things.

Mario - for me he just seems so greasy and sweaty and I find that such a turn off when it comes to a chef. It's one of the major problems I'm having with majority of the chefs on this show this season. So many of them sweat profusely, I would not want to watch them in a challenge because I would be so grossed out by the sight of that sweat dripping into the food. (Husband said "Yum! Sodium!" when I told him that...lol).

Appleman will not win. No way. No way they are showing all these negative things about him and then he winds up winning. He is completely unlikeable.

I'd like to add Chef Garza to your list. Trevino is one of those sweaty chefs and that just grosses me out. Freitag keeps being featured in various clips and I think she may wind up being the winner. I couldn't stand her at first, she had a serious **tch face but I've warmed up to her and now I'm fine with her winning.

Last season, I had four that I loved. Besh, Symon, Constantine, Sanchez and would have been happy with any of them winning. For some reason this season none have jumped out at me like they did last one. These guys just don't have the same "star" personalities, I think.

I missed the last few minutes, who was eliminated last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3736682;
    That being said, if there's one guy that should not win this, it's Appleman. What a disgusting, arrogant slob. That's two weeks in a row that he makes uo completely fake stories just to try and impress the judges. He's pathetic and a jerk! If he were to win, I'd quit watching the show entirely.

Right now, of the ones left, I am rooting for Chefs Trevino and Freitag. They have the most personality of the whole bunch, I find them both likeable. And there's the fact that Chef Trevino is a local, makes it easier to root for him.
    I do NOT like Appleman at all. I was so thrilled when Symon won last year, because he was so nice!

Like you I like Trevino and Freitag, she especially has grown on me. I also think they need to pick a woman to balance things out! And will chef Mehta ever learn "no ice cream"???
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I do NOT like Appleman at all. I was so thrilled when Symon won last year, because he was so nice!
    I wonder if anyone DOES like Appleman? ;-) I'm another who doesn't, and he seems like he's the exact opposite of Symon (who I love).

Like you I like Trevino and Freitag, she especially has grown on me. I also think they need to pick a woman to balance things out! And will chef Mehta ever learn "no ice cream"???
    As much as I'd like a woman to win, I don't like Freitag. She's been a judge on Chopped, and I just don't like her attitude or her expressions, although she does seem to look better when she smiles. (She just doesn't smile all that often!)

I love Michael Symon's laugh! It is so contagious!

+ Reply to Thread