+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Tonight is Symon's first challenge in Kitchen Stadium. The secret ingredient was "Thanksgiving". The winner is Chef Symon. I think he is also wearing the new chef's top. I am not impressed with it.

I must admit Symon looked as if he really upped his flavor profiles they sounded so intriquing .
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Well, that saves me from the tension of worrying about who wins tonight.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I am glad he won. He would have looked silly if he didn't. Although his dropping the egg and spilling the champage made him look a little silly. Was the woman judge in the Thanksgiving Challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;2677630;
    I am glad he won. He would have looked silly if he didn't. Although his dropping the egg and spilling the champage made him look a little silly. Was the woman judge in the Thanksgiving Challenge?
    Sure looked like the chef in the TC that had all those problems with her mashed potatoes. Nice to see even Top Chefs have problems with simple things. Also nice to see Besh as a judge in the Thanksgivig Challenge. He came across so different there then on the "Next Iron Chef".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was sooooo happy to see someone other than I (AND much, much better cooks than I!) f*** up mashed potatoes and drop an egg on the floor!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Symon's kind of a klutz, isn't he. He went sliding on a tomato in the NIC finale, and now the egg!

Betcha the long sleeves go soon. It was the sleeve catching on the glass that caused the spill.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2682647;
    Symon's kind of a klutz, isn't he. He went sliding on a tomato in the NIC finale, and now the egg!

Betcha the long sleeves go soon. It was the sleeve catching on the glass that caused the spill.
    They joked about him cutting off the sleeves.

He looked soooo happy at the food tasting. I enjoyed it, but do you think they might have picked an easier contestant for him in his first battle? Someone known for using fresh ingredients but not necessarily for innovative meals???

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2682770;
    They joked about him cutting off the sleeves. . .
    I can't cook with long sleeves -- no way, no how! They drive me batty! I hope Symon cuts 'em off. On camera.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;2677630;
    I am glad he won. He would have looked silly if he didn't... Was the woman judge in the Thanksgiving Challenge?
    I felt like it was a foregone conclusion that he would win -- they wouldn't seriously think of letting their new IC lose his premiere battle! So his next battle will start telling us how he's going to perform for reals.

Yeah, I saw that woman judge as a contestant on the 2006 Thanksgiving challenge that they repeated ... one day soon after Symon won, they seemed to be airing an all-Besh day, first his judging that challenge, then being a guest on a 2006 Iron Chef - I think he won the battle. I noticed in the challenge they did not air any comments from the judges on that woman's pepperoni stuffing (which she also mentioned when she was judging Iron chef!) Sounded icky. (The guy who won was the one I wanted to win in that challenge, so yay, I hope he opened his restaurant. I would have loved to try everything he prepared.)

The new coats do not wow me at all. I just saw a repeat of the 2006 cranberry battle where Giada was paired with Bobby Flay against Batali/Ray, and her tan coat with blue trim was so stylish -- I loved it! Why couldn't the new uniform have been like that? Then each chef could have had a different accent color for personal flair if they wanted to, although the blue was spot-on gorgeous.

Here it is, I knew this thread was in here somewhere.

New season started last night, anybody catch it? What were your impressions? Any favorites?

I've got recorded and will catch it tonight after work. One of my favorite shows.

+ Reply to Thread