+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2662473;
    . . . I loved that the ICs were the judges. . . Their comments . . . were much more interesting than the usual judge's comments. . .
    That was the most interesting, insightful judging segment I've heard in . . . well . . . uhhh . . . ever? Hmm. Instead of just critics, writers, and actors, maybe IC should add chefs to the mix when putting together the judging panel. (Chef chefs -- not the fry cook at Denny's.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2662473;
    We really thought the show was pointing toward a Besh win, so it was a happy surprise that our pick won. The first time this entire year on any reality show I've seen that my pick one! Maybe the curse is lifted!
    Although Besh was also clearly qualified, so again unlike any other show this season, our picks made it to the finale.

I do think it is unbalanced to have two Greek-inspired ICs... but they should replace Cat Cora (with another female), not replace Symon, lol! How about replacing her with the two chicks who tied Bobby Flay in the turkey battle? Just a suggestion, Food Network, if you're reading this!

It would have been nice if they had pulled a surprise ending and made both Symon and Besh part of the team, as Besh's cuisine would have added more variety to the show. He may have shot himself in the foot by being too subdued. I could see the nervousness in his eyes the whole time, whereas Symon was more balls to the wall (that is a steam engine metaphor, btw, nothing nasty!) I believe Symon won because he was more comfortable playing to the camera, and the IC needs to entertain. The ICs who voted for him knew that.

I loved that the ICs were the judges. When there were 3 of them introduced, I thought they would judge, and they did! Their comments, which gave advice on how to make their dishes more "iron Chef-like," were much more interesting than the usual judge's comments. I appreciated that "teaching element" from the 3 out of 4 of the only people qualified to give it.
    I caught that also, but during the competition I don't think I ever heard exactly what Symon's flavor profile/style was?? Anywho... I think Symon will be waaaaay more entertaining than Cora. I always thought she was rather cold. During the judging panel on last night's finale was the most animated I have ever seen her. She actually smiled and had a personality.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;2662121;
    In today's Plain Dealer (Cleveland) it stated that Ruhlman and the 3 IC's voted for Symon. Donatella & Andrew voted for Besch.
    had they used the 3 iron chefs from the beginning, i think we would have seen a different set of finalists.

peachroses

who one the rachel ray/gaida delorentis cranberry challenge. I started watching it and fell asleep. When I work up the TV was off and all the lights were out.
    Because I said so ....

Quote Originally Posted by peach;2662793;
    who one the rachel ray/gaida delorentis cranberry challenge. I started watching it and fell asleep. When I work up the TV was off and all the lights were out.
    Now this was a repeat, I think Giada won but really I am not sure. The only thing I am sure about is that is was a repeat.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Rachel won that one hands down. Giada was literally useless and Rachel just killed it. I'm not a huge fan of hers (over exposure much?) and actually prefer Giada's cooking but in this instance she was the clear winner.

This final episode was so flat for me and somehow a huge let down. I don't know why but I expected so much more. I didn't Besh was personality challenged like some have posted, he actually made a couple of funnies but he is maybe too refined somehow (not sure how to explain it). I

I've never seen Cat talking and have only based my dislike of her off IC's and I was wrong. I would love to see more of her because I actually liked what she had to say during the challenge and judging.

I've never seen Cat talking and have only based my dislike of her off IC's and I was wrong. I would love to see more of her because I actually liked what she had to say during the challenge and judging.
    I've always liked her -- someone who finishes every challenge by doing Ouzo shots with her sous-chefs has to have at least some fun in her! But after last night, I'd like to hear her talk more, too.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2663233;
    I've always liked her -- someone who finishes every challenge by doing Ouzo shots with her sous-chefs has to have at least some fun in her! But after last night, I'd like to hear her talk more, too.
    She's a runner and had put together some recipes in a running mag we have. I like her.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2662682;
    I caught that also, but during the competition I don't think I ever heard exactly what Symon's flavor profile/style was?? Anywho... I think Symon will be waaaaay more entertaining than Cora.
    I've never been a fan of Cora. I find her too one dimensional. I would love to see a different female on the dais. One with more diversity and personality.

As to this competition, I'm thrilled Michael won. I loved John, and frankly thought he would win, but I think Michael has the whole package. Talent, personality and humor. I'm looking forward to him competing on the ICA.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 11-16-2007 at 11:35 PM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I was surprised that Symon won because he's already been a judge on so many shows and I think I saw him on Iron Chef before.

+ Reply to Thread