+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Re: The Next Iron Chef - Food Network

Glad to see Symon win. Hope his first challenger is Besh, kinda poetic justice.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2661867;
    Glad to see Symon win. Hope his first challenger is Besh, kinda poetic justice.
    I was happy to see Symon win. I thougth Besh would win by a tiny bit. But then I saw the look on Besh's face. He looked like he wanted to cry.

Sniff. Pick both.

And I think Besh should be on it. Any one else think it was interesting that a certain Iron Chef was missing from the judging????

I would like to have seen some breakdown on the results.
    At the end of Iron Chef battles, they always give the breakdown of results between plating, taste, originality, so I would have liked to see something similar, or at least how many votes each received.
    Someone posted here that the winner was to appear on the Iron Chef episode that followed, but it was a repeat of the Giada/Rachael Ray battle cranberry.
    Next week is Food Network celebs competing against each other as well.
    I don't think if any of the challengers appears on Iron Chef in the forseeable future that they would challenge Symon.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2661922;
    I was happy to see Symon win. I thougth Besh would win by a tiny bit. But then I saw the look on Besh's face. He looked like he wanted to cry.

Sniff. Pick both.

And I think Besh should be on it. Any one else think it was interesting that a certain Iron Chef was missing from the judging????
    I dont watch Iron Chef but I am going to put in on my Tivo. Who was missing? From your comment I assume that the iron chefs remain constant and take on competitors each week. Do they ever get unseated?

I was rooting for Besh but the minute one judge said that Symon was the 2 to 1 favorite going in I knew he had it.

Mario was missing, adding to speculation here that he was the one who was to be replaced. No confirmation from FN, however.

Quote Originally Posted by radar;2662017;
    At the end of Iron Chef battles, they always give the breakdown of results between plating, taste, originality, so I would have liked to see something similar, or at least how many votes each received.
    Someone posted here that the winner was to appear on the Iron Chef episode that followed, but it was a repeat of the Giada/Rachael Ray battle cranberry.
    I don't think if any of the challengers appears on Iron Chef in the forseeable future that they would challenge Symon.

In today's Plain Dealer (Cleveland) it stated that Ruhlman and the 3 IC's voted for Symon. Donatella & Andrew voted for Besch. I love Ruhlman more than the other two as a judge, but I do wonder why or if none of the others cried foul, since he's also born & bred & lives in Cleveland.

Lolita's was packed apparently. Thought about going down there, but hubby didn't want to deal with the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;2662121;
    In today's Plain Dealer (Cleveland) it stated that Ruhlman and the 3 IC's voted for Symon. Donatella & Andrew voted for Besch. I love Ruhlman more than the other two as a judge, but I do wonder why or if none of the others cried foul, since he's also born & bred & lives in Cleveland.
    Well, at least it was a unanimous decision on the part of those who tasted the food, so if it was a traditional points system, Symon would have out pointed Besh.

From a viewing standpoint, in my eyes, Symon is just a tad more interesting than Besh. Besh seems to self-censor a bit, which is great if you have to work for him, but less compelling from a viewing standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by radar;2662017;
    That was me and I got the info from the TV Guide. I assumed that the new IC would appear on the following week and since it is the start of the holidays maybe after Turkey Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2661922;

Sniff. Pick both.

Yeap, I found it very telling that Mario was not there.

We really thought the show was pointing toward a Besh win, so it was a happy surprise that our pick won. The first time this entire year on any reality show I've seen that my pick one! Maybe the curse is lifted!
    Although Besh was also clearly qualified, so again unlike any other show this season, our picks made it to the finale.

I do think it is unbalanced to have two Greek-inspired ICs... but they should replace Cat Cora (with another female), not replace Symon, lol! How about replacing her with the two chicks who tied Bobby Flay in the turkey battle? Just a suggestion, Food Network, if you're reading this!

It would have been nice if they had pulled a surprise ending and made both Symon and Besh part of the team, as Besh's cuisine would have added more variety to the show. He may have shot himself in the foot by being too subdued. I could see the nervousness in his eyes the whole time, whereas Symon was more balls to the wall (that is a steam engine metaphor, btw, nothing nasty!) I believe Symon won because he was more comfortable playing to the camera, and the IC needs to entertain. The ICs who voted for him knew that.

I loved that the ICs were the judges. When there were 3 of them introduced, I thought they would judge, and they did! Their comments, which gave advice on how to make their dishes more "iron Chef-like," were much more interesting than the usual judge's comments. I appreciated that "teaching element" from the 3 out of 4 of the only people qualified to give it.

+ Reply to Thread