+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flip That House

Flip That House

I couldn't find a thread on this show, but it's the one where they feature a different flipper every episode. I watched a bunch yesterday and I wanted to throw my shoe at the TV! They cut down nice shade trees until the house looks like it's on a barren lot, replace bathroom vanities (the ones with actual storage) with those useless pedestal sinks. And in one of yesterday's episodes -- the one with the two women -- they took out great white kitchen cabinets and replaced them with cheap Ikea cabinets, which made no sense whatsoever for a nearly $1 million asking price.
    The worst was this guy Curtis, who also cut down a beautiful tree in the front yard, and stripped away all the foliage. (He also awful faux wood laminate on the kitchen counters.) The house was so austere and uninviting, that I can't believe the realtor said the flip was an improvement.

Re: Flip That House

Quote Originally Posted by candor;2574704;
    I couldn't find a thread on this show, but it's the one where they feature a different flipper every episode. I watched a bunch yesterday and I wanted to throw my shoe at the TV! They cut down nice shade trees until the house looks like it's on a barren lot, replace bathroom vanities (the ones with actual storage) with those useless pedestal sinks. And in one of yesterday's episodes -- the one with the two women -- they took out great white kitchen cabinets and replaced them with cheap Ikea cabinets, which made no sense whatsoever for a nearly $1 million asking price.
    The worst was this guy Curtis, who also cut down a beautiful tree in the front yard, and stripped away all the foliage. (He also awful faux wood laminate on the kitchen counters.) The house was so austere and uninviting, that I can't believe the realtor said the flip was an improvement.
    Hi, Candor,

Cause Flip That House is after Property Ladder on TLC I've been posting comments about both Property Ladder and Flip That House on the Property Ladder thread.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by candor;2574704;
    I know you consider Ikea cabinents 'cheap' but when I have priced them, they are not 'cheap' by any imagination.

Oh, where you watching the mini marathons before the primetime shows cause some of what you said reminds me of the Property Ladder shows, which tend to be disasters???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

No, it was Flip That House. I watch 'em all.

+ Reply to Thread