+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Canada

Vancouver, by way of The Island of Misfit Toys

Project Runway Canada

I can't seem to find a thread for this show, has it been started and I'm just missing it? I wanted to start it if it isn't because I just saw a preview commercial for the show and it looks like it's going to be as fabulous as hoped. That clip where Iman is getting a little harsh with one of the contestants... loves it!
    MAY THE FIERCE BE WITH YOU!
    Morayo Ninalowo called me a "fast bloody snitch" and all I got was this lousy t-shirt?!
    ***I'm gayer than Ikea on Superbowl weekend***

Re: Project Runway Canada

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfierce;2573104;
    I can't seem to find a thread for this show, has it been started and I'm just missing it? I wanted to start it if it isn't because I just saw a preview commercial for the show and it looks like it's going to be as fabulous as hoped. That clip where Iman is getting a little harsh with one of the contestants... loves it!
    It starts Oct. 8, right? Did you see the clip on Youtube? I went to Slice TV and saw a bunch of clips of Iman talking, but none of her with a contestant. But maybe I missed it. Kinda hard to concentrate with a 6-year-old running around.

I'm looking forward to catching whatever info I can in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2573419;
    It starts Oct. 8, right? Did you see the clip on Youtube? I went to Slice TV and saw a bunch of clips of Iman talking, but none of her with a contestant. But maybe I missed it. Kinda hard to concentrate with a 6-year-old running around.

I'm looking forward to catching whatever info I can in the US.
    They're playing clips on tv, and yeah it had the contestants. There was 2 asian boys, and that's all I remember lol. They showed the judges talking to the contestants too, and a few of the designs on the models walking the runway. I'm soooo excited for it to start, and Iman looks, not suprisingly, GORGEOUS!!
    Morayo Ninalowo called me a "fast bloody snitch" and all I got was this lousy t-shirt?!

OMG I can't believe Lucian Matis is on PRC!!! Hello my pick for the win! He designed the collection the two finalists on Canada's Next Top Model walked in this past cycle.

Re: Canada's Next Top Model

The promo picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

Evan Biddell
    Hometown: Saskatoon, SK

“I believe that a designer should be fantasizing every minute he is working with fabric. If you’re going to design something today, it’s got to be pure fantasy, to the point where someone can walk down the street living your fantasy.”

Biddell, as he is known, is a self-taught designer. He began making clothes as an overweight 15-year-old who had trouble shopping at his local mall. From skater gear to bridal gowns, Biddell’s self-described “Street Couture” has been featured in boutiques in Calgary, Vancouver, and Victoria. He describes his aesthetic as loud and clean—clothes that get noticed.

In addition to custom orders and creations for his Biddell line that he sells out of his shop The NuPlace, he works as a costume maker for film and television. Biddell says he is a true Leo and loves to be the centre of attention.

Vices: Slice is my vice.
    Best outfit: Birthday suit.
    Worst outfit: Birthday suit.
    First celebrity crush: The Little Mermaid.
    Current celebrity crushes: Justin Timberlake.
    If you could be anyone for a day, it would be: Brian Bailey.
    Dream job: Creative director at Balenciaga.
    Worst nightmare: It happened the first night.
    Favourite guilty pleasure movie: Clueless.
    What's in your purse/manbag? Smokes, lighter, Discman, cell and keys.
    Last movie that made you cry: King Kong.
    I can't leave the house without: My music.
    Most annoying traits: I talk a lot.
    Your inspiration: My sister, Ali.
    Favourite food: Sushi.
    Favourite piece of clothing: Straw cap.
    Favourite designer: Alexander McQueen.
    Best song for sketching: Rebellion.

Lincoln Cheung
    Hometown: Montreal, QC

“I want to have my own collection because I feel like it’s time for me to work for myself.”

Montreal-based designer Lincoln Cheung was born in Hong Kong and moved to Saskatchewan when he was 13 years old. Lincoln first studied fashion at Saskatoon’s Yvonne Yuen School of Design. He then attended La Salle College in Montreal and the London College of Fashion. Lincoln gained valuable experience while interning with famed British designer Hussein Chalayan, who strongly influenced his own avant-garde collection.

Lincoln currently works as a women’s wear designer for the Montreal-based label, BEDO.
    Best outfit: Polo shirt and skinny pants with white shoes.
    Worst outfit: Khaki pants.
    Most embarrassing moment: Toilet paper stuck to my shorts after using the toilet.
    First celebrity crush: I can't remember.
    Current celebrity crushes: Matthew Fox.
    If you could be anyone for a day, it would be: Matthew Fox.
    Dream job: Working for myself.
    Worst nightmare: Being chased by somebody or something.
    What's in your purse/manbag? Cell phone, gum and cash.
    I can't leave the house without: My cell phone.
    Most annoying traits: Overthinking.
    Your inspiration: My surroundings.
    Favourite food: Chicken wings.
    Favourite piece of clothing: My skinny jeans.
    Favourite designer: Hussein Chalayan.
    Best song for sketching: Any Bjork song.

Marie Genevieve Cyr
    Hometown: Montreal, QC

"Canadian fashion for me is something really, really commercial
    and we need to change it. So that's why we are here."

Montreal designer Marie Genevieve Cyr worked as Assistant Womens Wear designer for a top Quebec fashion designer. The 25-year-old designer first studied in Montreal at Marie Victorin College, where she earned a scholarship to study costume design at Edinburgh College of Art in Scotland.

She has worked in film and television as well as assistant designer to Montreal designer Denis Gagnon and has been featured in Elle Quebec magazine, Clin D'Oeil, The Montreal Gazette and Le Journal De Montreal.

Vices: I'm really stubborn.
    Best outfit: Silk dresses in general.
    Worst outfit: Leggings and a short T-shirt on someone big or anything gothic.
    First celebrity crush: Jordan from New Kids on the Block.
    Current celebrity crushes: Cameron Diaz, Johnny Depp and William Hurt.
    If you could be anyone for a day, it would be: Madonna.
    Dream job: Well-known and respected fashion designer.
    Worst nightmare: To be alone and miserable.
    Favourite guilty pleasure movie: Stand by Me and It.
    What's in your purse/manbag? Kleenex and Lipsil.
    Last movie that made you cry: After the Wedding.
    I can't leave the house without: Shoes and keys.
    Most annoying traits: Being selfish.
    Your inspiration: The true nature of human beings, the innocent, feminine woman.
    Favourite food: Pasta in general and St. Hubert take-out.
    Favourite designer: Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen and Sonia Rykiel.
    Best song for sketching: Mount Wroclai by Beirut or any song by Arcade Fire.

Sofia Duncan
    Hometown: Ottawa, ON

“I design to accentuate a woman’s assets and hide her flaws.”

Russian-born Sofia Duncan worked as a trained dancer before moving to Canada in 1991. She is a graduate from the Richard Robinson School of Fashion in Ottawa and a mother of three.

Although Sofia is vegetarian, as a designer she loves to work with fur. She has her own custom line called Sofia Duncan Haute Couture and describes her line as over the top and glamorous. Previously, she was a pattern-maker at Justina McCaffrey Bridal in Ottawa.

Vices: Watching old movies with my family and eating chocolate.
    Best outfit: An outfit that fits is the best outfit (providing it's the right style). An outfit that accentuates my assets and hides flaws.
    Worst outfit: Is the one that doesn't fit.
    Most embarrassing moment: Ripping my pants from front to back on the subway in Moscow. Same subway, pulling nylons (from the day before) from inside the pant leg of the jeans.
    First celebrity crush: Antonio Banderas in The Mask of Zorro.
    Current celebrity crushes: Matthew McConaughey in How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days.
    If you could be anyone for a day, it would be: Head designer for Gucci or Valentino.
    Dream job: Fashion designer of my own company.
    Worst nightmare: Scenes from the war and being there.
    Favourite guilty pleasure movie: Gone With the Wind, Some Like It Hot, Six Days & Seven Nights.
    What's in your purse/manbag? A source of communication (phone), a source of transportation (car keys), financial sources (bank cards) and beauty supplies. All in all, it’s my survival kit.
    Last movie that made you cry: The Notebook.
    I can't leave the house without: My purse with pen and notebook for my thoughts and sketches.
    Most annoying traits: Lip-synching or singing along with the radio.
    Your inspiration: A woman’s body, it’s shapes and curves. Flowers and colours, combinations are so unique. Architecture, especially European.
    Favourite food: Fruits—and chocolates, of course.
    Favourite piece of clothing: A Lacroix suit, very elegant.
    Best song for sketching: I mostly like to sketch without any music. If I need to put myself in a mood, I listen to Sinatra for elegant clothing, and upbeat Justin Timerblake for trendy clothing.
    Last edited by funkyfierce; 09-15-2007 at 02:38 AM.

Megan Fischer
    Hometown: Calgary, AB

“I have four commandments that I design by: luxury, simplicity, individual style, and perfect fit.”

Calgary’s Megan Fischer is a self-taught designer currently residing and designing in Shanghai, China. She is a graduate of the Parsons School of Design in New York and McGill University.

After working in the New York fashion industry for three years, she moved to Shanghai and launched the label MATSU. Her designs have been featured in Vogue China, FHM China and Lifestyle Beijing. She has also created custom looks for celebrity clients such as Taiwanese pop singer Jolin Tsai.

Vices: Caffeine, candy (especially gummies and licorice) and champagne.
    Pet Peeves: Chewing with an open mouth or noisy eating, spitting, slow-walkers, frosty makeup, tacky people and visible panty lines.
    Best outfit: Marc Jacobs' oversized cardigan (belted with a big Fendi belt) and over-the-knee Versace boots.
    Worst outfit: Anything I wore in the 90s (think J. Crew yuppie…ick).
    Most embarrassing moment: Falling asleep on a sidewalk in China outside a chic members-only club in Shanghai dressed in a couture gown after one too many glasses of champagne.
    First celebrity crush: Joey from New Kids on the Block (sad but true).
    Current celebrity crushes: Lenny Kravitz, Jamie Burke and Scott Weiland.
    If you could be anyone for a day, it would be: Me, but Kate Moss is a close second.
    Dream job: Have it already: creating my own line! Next step is getting major distribution.
    Worst nightmare: Not getting my collection picked up at major stores next season (but that's not going to happen).
    Favourite guilty pleasure movie: Mean Girls.
    What's in your purse/manbag? Too much random change, lip gloss, Chanel black nail polish, keys, cell phone, BlackBerry, iPod, gum and sunglasses.
    Last movie that made you cry: I don't cry at movies.
    I can't leave the house without: Cell phone, BlackBerry, iPod, curled eyelashes with mascara, concealer and blush on face.
    Most annoying traits: I talk really loud on the phone (it's a family trait), and I'm really stubborn.
    Your inspiration: People, places, fabric, whatever is inside my head and music.
    Favourite food: Spicy tuna rolls, salmon sashimi - anything Japanese (Italian comes in a close second).
    Favourite piece of clothing: Belstaff waxed cotton motorcycle jacket, Proenza Schouler red sequin tank, all of my shoes and my new summer collection!
    Favourite designer: Azzedine Alaia and Cristobal Balenciaga.
    Best song for sketching: Can't be just one song, it has to be a mix of whatever I'm feeling at the moment. Right now it's Bloc Party, Carina Round, Jarvis Cocker, K-os and Feist. It changes every week (if not every day).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1234567891011 ... LastLast