+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647

Thread: Project Runway Canada

Re: Project Runway Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Elton512;3410660;
    The final 3 this season remains me of the final 3 from Season 1. Jason is Marie-Genevieve; both got a second chance and were the gimmicky one of their respective season. Sunny is Lucian, getting all the "this boy just knows the woman's body" praise from the judges week after week, but the final collection just didn't wow the judges enough. Jessica is Biddel; their designs have a younger, fresher POV and are somewhat risky, and if Jessica is able to show something new in the final runway, I think Sunny is the safest bet.

And no, I don't want surprises. I want Sunny to win, but I keep having the feeling that Jessica will win it all.

That's an interesting take on the final three.
    I didn't like that someone got to return in season 1 and liked it even less this year, partly because of the way it played out. Whoever got stuck with Kim was at a distinct disadvantage. Plus, I didn't think Jason and Gen's (I realized last episode she refers to herself as Jennaveeve, not the French pronounciation of the name) were deserving of the same scores as Sunny and Jess.

The Brandon/Jason situation is an interesting one. I doubt Jason would have considered doing this if he didn't have Brandon as a partner. Brnadon's there to assist him, but he seems to think that means Brandon's work is ripe for the pickin' and he an cobble together a dress using Brandon's design.
    What an odd conclusion to come to just because it was Brandon's name that got drawn out of the bag.

I loved the dress Jason was going to plagiarise. It actually made me wondr what we would have seen had Brandon made it to the final three.
    I wonder if Jason even thought he was plagiarising.
    Perhaps he thought Brandon just standing there looking at him when he told him his plan and not objecting constituted consent to rip off his idea.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3408506;
    At least with the Jason/Brandon stolen design incident, there will be some drama to clear up next week. But you know it will be dealt with in the first 3 minutes and Jason will just sketch another look.

Brandon....ugh. He's just a freak. I can't stand to look at/listen to him during his interviews. He's just so...creepy.

I was surprised by Kim's sudden turnaround as well, but maybe not really. I figure she read just enough of the internet feedback on her to get a clearer picture of how much of a turd she was all season.

I don't think any of these collections were a home run for me, but Sunny looks like he won't disappoint. Of course I watched the ultra-low-res version of this episode that's on YouTube, so maybe I'll feel differently when I get to see the pieces clearly...
    Am sure the show was completed long before it was shown on TV.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3410962;
    Am sure the show was completed long before it was shown on TV.
    That's true for episodes 1-10.

Fashion week was March 16 - 21. That means when Kim returned and helped Jessica, episode 7 (Post-it challenge aired on March 10) or even 8 (Genevieve's first cut aired on March 17) had already been on TV. That's why those eliminated designers were all showing strange expressions when they heard Kim's name called. And Kim, by that time, must have had received a lot of negative feedback from basically everyone she knows/does no know.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    (I realized last episode she refers to herself as Jennaveeve, not the French pronounciation of the name)
    The French pronunciation is way cooler
    Last edited by Elton512; 04-12-2009 at 06:35 AM.

Well, I guess the finale was so anti-climactic that no one felt compelled to comment on it. Sunny won? Quelle surprise!

Anyway, while his design and tailoring was, per usual, fantastic, overall I preferred Jessica's collection and if I were tall and thin (my usual caveat), I would absolutely want that long gold gown she had. Gorgeous. Though I don't care for the little short jumpsuit thingies.

Maybe the fur put me off of Sunny's collection (I disapprove), but I think it was more than that. I know that the judges said that his stuff didn't come across as theatrical, but it kind of did to me. And the fact that Measha Brueggergosman wanted one of his coats just cemented my opinion.

The third guy whose name I can't quite recall, well I can't quite recall his collection either.

ETA: Oh yeah, kudos to Kim. I hope she maintains this level of self-awareness and manages to rein in the bitter.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3415997;
    And the fact that Measha Brueggergosman wanted one of his coats just cemented my opinion.
    Actually, she was referring to the Mr. Tacky 2nd Runner-up.

Despite the predictability, I'm very glad that Sunny officially won. He deserved it, although I'm a bit turned off by his use of fur. But he did justify his point in an interview: "I know it's borderline, but it's vintage fur and [the animals were] already dead. So I gave them second life." Great response, I would say. And, the collection was beautifully designed and the tailoring... omg, it really is worth $1,975 a piece. Well, I didn't realize he was going to THAT end though. It's good news that he said in one of his post-show interviews that he's reconsidering his target market because he sees a huge fanbase he has made during the show, which, obviously, isn't the luxurious group. Oh, and I think I just saw one of his designs for men somewhere on the internet.

Interesting that Iman et al. just didn't bother to create any suspense during judging. And Shawn literally threw away his score card because the result was so obvious. Good to see that even Miss Ego a.k.a. Genevieve was genuinely happy for Sunny's win.

Jessica Biffi... She's right: few people thought she would be in the Final 3. Well, not me, at least. But she did prove herself and I'm happy for her that the judges acknowledged her growth.

Mr. Tacky... Well, his mom taught us, "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything."

Did anyone see Genevieve's decoy collection at Fashion Week? I can't post links yet, so you can type "The Lost PRC Collection" in Google and I think it's the first few results. As much as I like draping designs, her collection was underwhelming; I think she can do better. But kudos for her sticking to her strong POV.

Finally saw the episode this morning. Anticlimactic is an understatement, although I wasn't as thrilled by Sunny's collection as the judges were. Jessica's was pretty good, and Jason's was a cheap throwback to to 70's roller disco...for hookers. Overall I wasn't excited by any of the collections, in part because virtually all of them were designed exclusively with flat-chested size 0's in mind. It didn't seem to me as if much of it would translate to "normal" women.

Overall, a good if strange season. So many designers dropping out early. And poor Danio! I think Shawn tossing his scorecard at the end summed the whole season up perfectly.

Congrats to Sunny, you cute thing!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3415997;
    Well, I guess the finale was so anti-climactic that no one felt compelled to comment on it. Sunny won? Quelle surprise!

Anyway, while his design and tailoring was, per usual, fantastic, overall I preferred Jessica's collection and if I were tall and thin (my usual caveat), I would absolutely want that long gold gown she had. Gorgeous. Though I don't care for the little short jumpsuit thingies.

Maybe the fur put me off of Sunny's collection (I disapprove), but I think it was more than that. I know that the judges said that his stuff didn't come across as theatrical, but it kind of did to me. And the fact that Measha Brueggergosman wanted one of his coats just cemented my opinion.

The third guy whose name I can't quite recall, well I can't quite recall his collection either.

ETA: Oh yeah, kudos to Kim. I hope she maintains this level of self-awareness and manages to rein in the bitter.
    The fur put me off Sunny's collection too.
    I don't know what he meant by it being "PETA approved" or whatever term he used in the penultimate episode when Brian was viewing his collection.
    It looked like real fur to me and, without wishing to offend anyone or start a full-scale conversation about fur, my opinion of Sunny has plummeted if he did use real fur.

The judges didn't leave any room for doubt with their comments on the collections.
    It would have been ridiculous if anyone else had won after the way they praised Sunny.
    I thought Biffi did a nice job and I did like the way she managed to salvage a pretty decent dress for Cheryl Hickey out of what looked like a complete disaster.

Kim, I have to take my hat off to her because I think she turned herself around.
    Whether it was purely for the duration of the final challenge I neither know nor care as it's unlikely I'll ever see her again, but her change of attitude defintiely made her involvement in the final challenge palatable.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3417669;
    I don't know what he meant by it being "PETA approved" or whatever term he used in the penultimate episode when Brian was viewing his collection.
    Yes, that's what he said. His collection is PETA approved because the fur he used was vintage fur, which means he didn't buy "new fur" to create his garment but "existing fur". Basically he's "recycling" the already dead animal skin. That's why it's PETA approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Elton512;3418863;
    Yes, that's what he said. His collection is PETA approved because the fur he used was vintage fur, which means he didn't buy "new fur" to create his garment but "existing fur". Basically he's "recycling" the already dead animal skin. That's why it's PETA approved.
    That doesn't make it "fluff approved".
    He's still perpetuating ther use of fur in fashion, which I find unacceptable.

I don't care how good a designer he is, I'm completely over him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

CCL

Finally got to see the finale. I object to fur on aesthetic grounds (it's just plain ugly) so I wasn't thrilled to see it in Sunny's collection. I'd have been happier with it totally gone (though I might have kept faux fur for the first look (the jacket)). That said, I thought based on the penultimate episode that his collection was going to be crap, so I'm glad it turned out to be pretty decent. Jessica's work was also pretty good. Jason can return to his '80s car jockey job forthwith.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread