+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Canada

FORT Regular

Re: Project Runway Canada

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3401580;
    Jason should thank his lucky stars Genevieve is such a one-note or his ridiculous ensemble would have earned him the chop.
    He's lucky Kim's incompetence put paid to Ade last week because I have no doubt she could have smoked him at this challenge.
    That's why I think it's so rotten that they brought challengers back. Ade deserved to be in the final three. She was robbed.

Go Sunny!

FORT Regular

Did anyone see Kim's exit interview.

She sounded so ungrateful for the experience and was about as b!tchy in it as she appeared on the show. I am so glad that she is gone!

CCL

^ No, is it on the web?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by bubblybear;3401656;
    Did anyone see Kim's exit interview.

She sounded so ungrateful for the experience and was about as b!tchy in it as she appeared on the show. I am so glad that she is gone!
    I was tried unsuccessfully to find it online last night - I was sure that it would be...let's call it entertaining .

I did read a fair number of the comments responding to her blog, though. Not surprisingly, she is generally loathed. Surprisingly, there are a few people who think that she is not only okay, but that she is a decent designer. Wow. Delusions abound.

With respect to this week's design challenge, I don't personally care for tailored clothes, so I don't full out love anything that was made. Though Sunny was the obvious winner for the skill employed in his work, I would happily never see another one of those constructed jackets with the shredded edges ever again.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Finally saw the episode -- and I'm quite happy with the result.

Maybe I'm not refined enough, but I didn't like Sunny's suit, and I was worried about him until the judges started gushing over it. I never like frayed detailing, like there was on the lapels and belt, it just makes a garment look "Li'l Abner" ragged to me. But his lingerie was rockin'.

Jayson made something interesting, I think he will be Sunny's main competition. Jessica is good too, but I don't think she showed as much range this season as the judges did. It will be good to see what all 3 of these designers can do with more money and a lot of time...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Premium Member

I am just glad Gen left, I couldn't believe they went all gaga over her lingerie. Yuck wasn't impressed, and her suit was awful it didn't fit right at all.

What was Jason thinking last night?
    He has Brandon as team mate so that means he can just rip off one of Brandon's designs?
    I know there's little new in fashion and a lot of the time when the contestants say they designed something all they really did was construct it, but Jason was pretty blatant about it.
    He wanted the skirt from the dress Brandon designed (which I love and would wear in a heartbeat) and was just going to slap a different top on it.
    Surely he knows that's not ok?

Ugh, Kim, the cockroach will not die.
    Poor Jess getting lumbered with her. I hope she can show some more of the maturity that was hinted at during this episode and come through for Biffi and actually be a help to her.
    I don't blame Biffi for getting emotional at the thought of working with Kim. I'd have been inclined to refuse the help I think.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Jessica is a much better person than I am, but I always kind of knew that anyway. In Kim's favour, though, she does seem to have developed some sort of self-awareness and hopefully she will continue in the same direction, assuming it's genuine.

With respect to Jason and Brandon, I don't know who is the bigger d-bag, Jason for stealing a design or Brandon for ratting him out with a big smile on his face. Eh, Jason's not going to win anyway. Really, he shouldn't be there - the talentless Kim screwed Adejoke out of her deserved position in the final three.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

At least with the Jason/Brandon stolen design incident, there will be some drama to clear up next week. But you know it will be dealt with in the first 3 minutes and Jason will just sketch another look.

Brandon....ugh. He's just a freak. I can't stand to look at/listen to him during his interviews. He's just so...creepy.

I was surprised by Kim's sudden turnaround as well, but maybe not really. I figure she read just enough of the internet feedback on her to get a clearer picture of how much of a turd she was all season.

I don't think any of these collections were a home run for me, but Sunny looks like he won't disappoint. Of course I watched the ultra-low-res version of this episode that's on YouTube, so maybe I'll feel differently when I get to see the pieces clearly...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Newbie

The final 3 this season remains me of the final 3 from Season 1. Jason is Marie-Genevieve; both got a second chance and were the gimmicky one of their respective season. Sunny is Lucian, getting all the "this boy just knows the woman's body" praise from the judges week after week, but the final collection just didn't wow the judges enough. Jessica is Biddel; their designs have a younger, fresher POV and are somewhat risky, and if Jessica is able to show something new in the final runway, I think Sunny is the safest bet.

And no, I don't want surprises. I want Sunny to win, but I keep having the feeling that Jessica will win it all.

+ Reply to Thread