+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Canada

Re: Project Runway Canada

I saw a trailer for the next episode last night,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Gen and Jason are back in the competition. This irritates me to no end. I don't know what the requirement will be for them to continue past this round. They're working in teams to create avante garde looks and it seems as though Gen and Jason are teamed together. Perhaps they'll have to win in order to stay past this round. I don't mind Jason coming back so much, as he did win a challenge, but Gen won nothing so I don't know why they're giving her another chance. Why not invite Baylor back? At least he won a challenge, albeit when partnered with Sunny.
    "That's Numberwang!"

CCL

I guess
    Click to see Spoiler:
    because Genevieve and Jason were the last two out? Baylor is clearly more talented than Genevieve (and Jason, I would argue) but I guess he went out too long ago. I'm ambivalent about their return. I'm not surprised at it (as people mentioned above, they did have a couple of people drop out early, possibly affecting the timing of the competition) but I don't generally like the idea of "losers" being allowed to rejoin the competition. (Unless it's someone I like, of course. )
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Premium Member

Well Marie Genevieve came back into the competition in Season 1, and ended up third.

I was not impressed by last night's show at all.

I wonder in what parallel universe Jason's design would be considered ready to wear.
    I felt bad for Ade, saddled with Kim as a partner and eliminated after the judges acknowledged she did her best work.
    I just hope Jason, Sunny and Jessica can keep Genevieve out of the finale.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3392385;
    I wonder in what parallel universe Jason's design would be considered ready to wear.
    Queen & Bathurst, late Saturday night? With a nice pair of clear heels?

Conversely, I don't know why Jessica's design wouldn't be considered ready to wear. High end, certainly, but I could see it hanging on a mannikin in one of those stores in which I could never afford to shop.

I am really dismayed by Adejoke's getting the boot. That may have been the single event in all the thousands upon thousands of reality programs that I have seen that actually qualifies as "unfair". And all I could think of while Kim was snivelling about being alone, homeless and jobless was she made her bed of nails, time to lie on the stinking thing. There are few people I wouldn't feel at least the tiniest twinge of pity for regarding their circumstances, but she is relentlessly awful and I feel nothing for her but contempt. And her design? Ye gods and little fishes. It made last week's disaster look positively haute in comparison.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

CCL

It's like Kim physically can't restrain herself from making bitchy comments in the after-judging segment.
    Jessica's jacket was perfection. And it was clearly ready-to-wear. I really liked Sunny's as well. I didn't get the praise for Jason's and Genevieve's outfits at all. Kim's was actually not horrible but I'm not sad to see her go. I didn't really like Ade's (and I didn't find it really ready-to-wear. Not avant-garde per se but not "hanging on the racks" either... particularly with its flashy pockets). I hated how Ade went out. I was hoping maybe she would stay in and just Kim would get sent home.

I didn't get all the judge-love for Jason & Genevieve's outfits either. I thought they were the worst, and when the judges started fawning over them I was like, "Huh?" Genevieve's skirt reminded me of Kayne's arts/crafts recycling outfit from US season 3.

But if it meant that Kim is gone, it's the price to be paid. I can't believe Adejoke was her last victim, that part is truly sad. Kim was an awful, ugly person throughout the show, and I couldn't wait for her to be booted. I'm just sorry that Genevieve is back in; why is so hard to kill Mean-Girl Beasts?

If Sunny somehow chokes and doesn't win everything, or if the judges are on crack and throw a curve ball, I may kick in the screen. Never has there been such an obvious frontrunner in any PR season. Even Christian Siriano wasn't this pre-ordained before the finals. (I hope saying such a thing doesn't jinx Sunny, but then everything has already happened so I'm not too worried)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3396409;
    I didn't get all the judge-love for Jason & Genevieve's outfits either. I thought they were the worst, and when the judges started fawning over them I was like, "Huh?" Genevieve's skirt reminded me of Kayne's arts/crafts recycling outfit from US season 3.

But if it meant that Kim is gone, it's the price to be paid. I can't believe Adejoke was her last victim, that part is truly sad. Kim was an awful, ugly person throughout the show, and I couldn't wait for her to be booted. I'm just sorry that Genevieve is back in; why is so hard to kill Mean-Girl Beasts?

If Sunny somehow chokes and doesn't win everything, or if the judges are on crack and throw a curve ball, I may kick in the screen. Never has there been such an obvious frontrunner in any PR season. Even Christian Siriano wasn't this pre-ordained before the finals. (I hope saying such a thing doesn't jinx Sunny, but then everything has already happened so I'm not too worried)
    This is the 5th PR contest where from the getgo, the contestant I picked seems to be the one going to win (in the 4 others before this, my favorites won). I also want to know what those judges were smoking when they decided that Gen's and Jason's creations were on par with Sunny's and Jessica's. That top that Gen made was the same top she made when she was booted out. And Jason made a distasteful flouncy mini. Those clothes had TACKY 'post-it'-ed all over them. The taste levels were similar to how Kelly hand gestured her level with that of Bethenny's. Come on, judges! Why let Gen and Jason back when they made really bad clothes. But if they had to let somebody back in then they should have just let Jason in and keep Ade, too. And what is SO up with Kim? "It was funny when they said that your (refering to Jessica) garment was well tailored and your model couldn't breath. I just couldn't help but chuckle" (not really verbatim). I hope Jessica retorted with "I also chuckled when you left. Oops! That hasn't happened yet."
    Last edited by watts; 03-29-2009 at 08:38 PM.

CCL

Hello Genevieve...goodbye Genevieve.
    I liked the concept of her dress but it was very poorly tailored.
    Once again Sunny emerges victorious. I don't see how he wont win the whole shebang (he'd have to gloriously screw up the final runway show).

I want the suit Sunny made.
    I wouldn't even trouble him to make me a new one. I'll take it second hand fresh off the model, even if I have to fight her for it, just GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!

I liked Jessica's too, save for the obvious flaws with the shoulders, but I wish she'd done the detailing in the same fabric as the main body of the suit.
    I liked those little flourishes, but I wouldn't want them to stand out quite so much.
    Jason should thank his lucky stars Genevieve is such a one-note or his ridiculous ensemble would have earned him the chop.
    He's lucky Kim's incompetence put paid to Ade last week because I have no doubt she could have smoked him at this challenge.

Gen's model looked like a little kid playing dress-up.
    As she can't tailor, why on earth would she add the piping detail that needed to be perfect?
    The basic idea of the suit wasn't so bad, but I thought her execution was dreadful.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-02-2009 at 05:33 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread