+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Canada

CCL

Re: Project Runway Canada

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3387676;

I thought Kim's dress was worse than Gen's.
    I'm racking my brain trying to remember what Kim's dress even looked like. I guess that tells you a lot.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It was pretty forgettable.
    It looked like it was made from a VonTrapp family curtain and had a lot of excess bulk around the hip area.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3387779;

It was pretty forgettable.
    It looked like it was made from a VonTrapp family curtain and had a lot of excess bulk around the hip area.
    Just promise me that when we run into each other somewhere in the city and I'm wearing a shirt made of that fabric, you will be kind .

Thanks in advance.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3387860;
    Just promise me that when we run into each other somewhere in the city and I'm wearing a shirt made of that fabric, you will be kind .

Thanks in advance.
    Am I allowed to sing the "Do Re Mi" song when I see you?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3388933;
    Am I allowed to sing the "Do Re Mi" song when I see you?
    You bet .

Everyone has a taste for something a little less than completely tasteful, and my weakness is for fabrics that might be better off used in home decor. My current sewing project is a spring jacket of dark grey taffeta embroidered with lilies that will undoubtedly have people making sotto voce comments about my looking like a throw cushion.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I finally caught up with episodes 6 & 7. I haven't seen 8 yet, I may resort to YouTube later...

I don't miss Jeff or Jason, and I'm glad Genevieve is gone too. But I'm disappointed that they all went before Kim, who is just a horrible person. She should have gone for her divorcee dress, even though Baylor's was just as hideous. I can't believe how much Iman puts up with her mouth and attitude on the runway.

In general, I'm just wondering, since they lost so many extra designers in the first weeks, if they are just going to have a shorter season, or if they have some surprise in store to add designers or bring back losers in order to pad out the season...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

where can you watch this show besides youtube? I am in PR withdrawal ans it isn't pretty.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

You're right, I guess there isn't another way to watch the show in the US. My bad!

Watching last week's episode on YT now. So far I'm loving Sunny's Krusty impersonations, howling at Jessica's fear of clowns, and finding Kim & Gen's pettiness even more pitiful than before.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3389157;
    I finally caught up with episodes 6 & 7. I haven't seen 8 yet, I may resort to YouTube later...

I don't miss Jeff or Jason, and I'm glad Genevieve is gone too. But I'm disappointed that they all went before Kim, who is just a horrible person. She should have gone for her divorcee dress, even though Baylor's was just as hideous. I can't believe how much Iman puts up with her mouth and attitude on the runway.

In general, I'm just wondering, since they lost so many extra designers in the first weeks, if they are just going to have a shorter season, or if they have some surprise in store to add designers or bring back losers in order to pad out the season...
    I agree about Kim, her divorcee dress should have been her last.

I don't know what they'll do about losing three designers in the first week.
    Perhaps they had intended to have a couple of weeks where they lost mroe than one person to begin with. Maybe both designers that came bottom i the L'Oreal challenge were originally supposed to go, for example.

I really would not like to see anyone come back, but I guess that move isn't without precedent in the PR franchise after challenge winners were brought back during season three of PR.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3304818;
    Good luck with that . I remember Sunny's name because, well, it's a little unusual but not so unusual that I can't pronounce it, and he does consistently good work. And I remember Marguerite's name because I really could not stand her.

Personally, if I were picking a dress for myself, I would have picked the winning dress. Sunny's workmanship was, per usual, exquisite and his design classic, but the winner was a little more unusual and looked a lot more comfortable (big selling point with me).

ETA: The bigger woman whose name I can't recall seems like a pleasant and fun person, but seriously, she must stop with all the urbanisms - they greatly detract from what could possibly be a decent personality.
    Just found this topic. Have been watching it on Youtube. This season is real crappy -- uninteresting characters and talent way below par than season one -- except for Sunny. I totally agree about Jessica -- her "urbanisms" are embarrassing, if not annoying. She's still doing it and looking like a fool. Project Runway Canada's season 1 was brilliant -- a lot of talent. Can't imagine how downhill this season went. Hope the caliber is better next season.

+ Reply to Thread