+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Canada

Re: Project Runway Canada

I tracked the dress down in Winners and was pretty disappointed.
    Mass production has done it no favours, imo, I thought it looked rather cheap.
    The $99.99 price tag didn't help either.
    It was available in four colours. The green Jessica used on the show, a coralish pink colour, a blueish lilac and black.
    If I'd considered it worth it I'd have paid it as I liked the dress a lot, but I didn't think it was worth it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3366744;
    Finally some decent garments this week.

I loved Jessica's dress and am willing to break my Winner's embargo in order to pick one up.
    Pfft. Checked Winners and they don't have it in my size. I hate it when places don't go down to a size 2. I'm not skinny, I am short and petite. There IS a different. Now where is that pout face ...

Kim the bitch struck again last night.

I don't even understand what her problem was.
    The judges thought Jessica's dress took a lot of time to make and Kim didn't?
    I don't know why that's even an issue to Kim.
    If Jessica spent half an hour on her dress but made it look like she spent three weeks what business is it of Kim's?
    Kim should concentrate on her own work because week after week she's subpar, imo.
    Biffi's right, Kim's just going to bitch whenever anyone gets a good critique.

I loved the skirt of Sunny's dress but wasn't keen on the top.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Holy cow, Kim is one unpleasant bitch. And so is Genevieve - "Jessica is not so much a designer as a fashion regurgitator". WTF? I just finished watching the show five minutes ago and I still can't remember what Genevieve's dress looked like. Jessica absolutely deserved the win again this week, and she really is a contender in this thing.

Wait, I remember Genevieve's dress and I was shocked that one of the judges thought it was beautiful. As soon as I saw it sashaying down the runway I thought of one of the hideous frocks my tasteless mother used to wear back in the 70s. Or the hideous bedspread she had back in the 70s. I don't know - it was something hideous my really tacky mother had back in the 70s.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I didn't like Genevieve's dress at all. The entire thing was shapeless.
    I do give her some credit for trying the paper mache, even though I don't think it was completely successful.
    She picked a good colour palette, same as Sunny's so she was always on safe ground as far as that was concerned.
    "That's Numberwang!"

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3379792;
    Kim the bitch struck again last night.

I don't even understand what her problem was.
    The judges thought Jessica's dress took a lot of time to make and Kim didn't?
    I don't know why that's even an issue to Kim.
    If Jessica spent half an hour on her dress but made it look like she spent three weeks what business is it of Kim's?
    Kim should concentrate on her own work because week after week she's subpar, imo.
    Biffi's right, Kim's just going to bitch whenever anyone gets a good critique.
    ^ Seriously. Though I didn't understand the judge's praise of Jessica's dress at all (I thought it totally looked like a drag queen dress or maybe a carnival float dress).

I liked Genevieve's dress the best (which pains me, as I do not like her at all). It should have been more fitted though. I also liked Sunny's dress (but more the skirt than the top).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

So glad that Genevieve's gone. Her dress looked like a fancy-ass office outfit - I can't imagine why she thought that it was suitable for any red carpet event. I thought that Kim's dress was the big loser of the event. Hideous design and the tailoring was atrocious. I did like the fabric, though, and would really like some to make a shirt with.

I actually really hated Sunny's dress. I thought it was tacky and cheap looking and I was truly surprised it won and that Coco was willing to wear it in public.

With the exception of the lace trim (what was she thinking?), I thought at Adej...'s dress was the best. The judges made mention that the tailoring wasn't quite up to snuff, but that wasn't really apparent on the tiny screen I saw the show on. I loved the colour and would absolutely wear it. If I were tall and thin. Or even just thin.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

CCL

Glad Genevieve and her "huge eyes and tight grimace expression" are gone. Though I did like the colour of her skirt.
    Wasn't fond of Adejoke's dress and hated her "oh whatever" attitude during the whole challenge.
    Sunny's dress looked a lot like one of the Jill Stuart dresses in tonight's ANTM (though her dress had a leotard underneath). Not a fan of long sheer fabric being draped over a shorter skirt.
    I liked Jessica's dress the best, though I would have fixed the bottom of the skirt a bit. The colour was gorgeous.
    I want to take a pair of scissors to Kim's scraggly locks.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3387082;
    Sunny's dress looked a lot like one of the Jill Stuart dresses in tonight's ANTM (though her dress had a leotard underneath). Not a fan of long sheer fabric being draped over a shorter skirt.
    I thought the same thing. Sunny's had the hole, though, in the chest region. That is a look that I just hate and think looks really cheap and tacky. It always reminds me of an episode of the Mary Tyler Moore show wherein Mary befriends a prostitute who changes career paths and becomes a clothing designer. She gifts Mary with one of her designs which turns out to be a hideous lime-green tart dress with a hole in the chest region. Ugly, cheap, tacky. Blehh!

I liked the sheer fabric over a short dress when they did the L'Oreal challenge, but not last night's effort from Sunny.
    I think Genevieve might have saved herself if she'd a) made the top half of her dress from the same fabric as the bottom and b) shown them the draped skirt for the first time...not the fifth.
    And she has the nerve to call Jessica a "fashion regurgitator"...

I thought Kim's dress was worse than Gen's.
    The fabric was horrible and the dress very unflattering.
    I thought Ade's was ok, but not very red carpet and rather cheap looking given the fabric she used.

I thought Jessica's dress was the best too, CCL.
    Lovely colour, I love "shot" fabric. Jessica's looked expensive, Ade's looked cheap.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread