+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Canada

Re: Project Runway Canada

Just finished watching and am mighty, mighty disappointed that Kim is still there. Her personality is equally as appalling as her personality. And Baylor's (who should still be there) unappealing dress is a prime example of why they should try to work a little larger than size 0 every once in a while. As a person who makes her own clothes and also has an enormous derriere, I am fully cognizant of the fact that the skirt needs to be cut longer in the back because a giant ass will lift and shorten the material hanging back there. An actual design should be aware of the same thing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

They definitely need to broaden their scope a little bit and get a bit more realistic if they want a career in fashion, imo.
    Even most fashion house sample sizes are made in size 2 rather than zero as far as I know.

I thought Kim had her one shot after being in the bottom two last week.
    This week she made a hideous garment, imo, but she did have the handicap of having little fabric to work with.
    Last week she didn't have that excuse, she used yards of the stuff and still came up with a design that was both unflattering and horribly off the mark from the brief.
    She's already had her "one last chance".

I thought Jason might have it this week. His trench was a little stiff, but I think he used the fabric he was given well and produced something that could actually be worn again.
    Sunny's outfit was nice enough, but it seemed odd to give him extra praise for the use of the belt. It was as though the belt put him over the top and gave him the win.
    If he needed a borrowed belt to give his look that extra kick needed to make it the winner that just doesn't seem right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3347827;
    Just finished watching and am mighty, mighty disappointed that Kim is still there. Her personality is equally as appalling as her personality.
    Whoops! Shouldn't be posting while I'm enraged . While Kim's personality is equally as appalling as her personality, I actually meant to compare the heinous thing to her truly hideous dress - not just an atrocious design, but poorly crafted. At least Jeff's dress was, if not original, at least well sewn.

And I really thought that Jason had it this week. That belt love was just a little over the top and somewhat puzzling, and Jason's added touch of the son's name in the lining was a touch of genuine couture
    Last edited by Rattus; 02-25-2009 at 09:03 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Wow. Looks like that ep is going to be "interesting." Is that the one to where the preview said they create a new dress out of an old wedding dress? And some people really said they only design for size 0? I thought size 2 is the norm. And they probably think tall-Amazon size 0, not short and thin but not freakishly thin size 0.

Can't wait for it to go on youtube.

I did catch the previous ep. While I thought the winning team was deserved, I actually liked Genevieve's the best.

CCL

It bugs me that every time they have to design for "real" women on Project Runway (Canadian or American versions), the designers have to make comments about how difficult it is, how they are used to designing for skinny models etc. Get over yourself, designers. There's a huge market out there of all different body types.
    Sonny seems to have this in the bag. I would have given the win to Jason.
    Genevieve thinks she is "it" and she is not. Her overconfidence annoys me.
    Kim's dress was truly hideous - it looked like a demented fairy dress. And I hated how she called out Jeff to the judges. It would be one thing if she was standing next to him in the bottom 2 and the judges asked her why she should stay over Jeff. But to have them being about to exit the runway for the final judging and then be all "Excuse me, I'd like to say bad things about Jeff now, if you please..." Ugh.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Newbie

I have to agree with Kim's comments regarding Jeff's design and Jeff should go, seriously. What I disagree with is the way she's expressing her thoughts. Everyone else thought Jeff should at least be in the bottom 2 but no one would speak it out like that in front of the judges. I don't mind if you whine in the confessionals or confront Jeff backstage, but please don't ruin your own reputation by lashing people out behind their back. Oh poor Kim...

I have a feeling that Kim will either sink low or float to the top next week. She will either do so bad that she's sent home next week, or so good for the rest of the season that she'll be in the final 3. For the time being, I would say Sunny and Jason will definitely be the finalists. The 3rd one, I'm betting on Genevieve or Kim (somehow). My prediction for the elimination order would be: Jeff, Jessica, Genevieve, Adejoke (the Kim-rises-as-phoenix case) or Kim, Jeff, Jessica, Adejoke (the Kim-will-be-cut-next-week case). Either way, I think that Adejoke will only make into final 4 but not final 3.

I think Kim will sink. She can't adapt and marry her style to the challenges enough. Her mouth will continue to get her in trouble.

Jeff obviously won't last till the end (or rather, he better not). His finished piece wasn't overly ambitious, but at least it fit well and looked good on his model. Half the others couldn't say that, which is why he was in the middle. I'll miss Baylor, but someone really had to try to make a garment worse than Kim's. Sadly, somehow he managed it.

I hate to say that the season is Sonny's to lose, because of what just happened to Stefan on Top Chef. He should just keep doing what he's doing, which is keeping quiet and letting his clothes do the talking for him.

Have I mentioned how much I don't miss Brandon?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Finally some decent garments this week.

I loved Jessica's dress and am willing to break my Winner's embargo in order to pick one up.
    When they were in the fabric store and I saw her with the green fabric, I heard myself saying "yes, buy it!!"
    I really appreciated the fact that she made it so a convertible bra could be worn underneath.

Loved Sunny's dress too and want one of those as well.
    Jeff's dress was blah, very basic. I have no idea how he wasn't able to get the hand stitching done in time when the dress itself looked so simple to construct.

I liked Adejoke's as well, if it had been better made and the verticle stripe eliminated. In a different colour I'd buy that one too.
    Her model's emaciated though. I don't like to even look at her.

Wasn't keen on Jason's. Like Genevieve he made a dress that I don't think any woman in her right mind would wear to the office.
    The idea of being able to wear the dress at different legths was interesting, but the snaps looked very unattractive, imo and the dress was far too tight for his model.
    Genevieve went for the puff-ball looking skirt again. I thought it was a poorly made dress and the combination of colours was quite dreary looking.

Kim's was average, imo, so I'm not surprised she landed right in the middle.
    There was nothing new about that dress at all, save the extra long ties she put on the back that might catch in elevator doors on in escalators.

This was the first show where I saw more than one garment that I would wear without having to make any changes to appeal to my taste.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Jessica's dress certainly was the best and if I were thin I would totally be heading to Winners to pick on up. Unfortunately I'm actually built like Jessica, so I'm screwed.

Jason's use of silk charmeuse for a daytime dress was just puzzling. It is notoriously difficult to work with, the tiniest flaw is magnified ten-fold and it will not stand up to any of the standard abuses laid to office clothing. Not that the design was remotely appropriate for the office.

Personally, if Jeff hadn't had a run of mediocre work I would have booted Genevieve. Her dress was hideous, particularly those grotesquely tacky ribbons of mother-of-the-bride dress sequins, and she did completely miss the mark on their directive. If I saw someone wearing that thing during daylight hours I would assume that they were doing the walk of shame back to their really tasteless abode.

And for the life of me I can't figure out the rationale for the depth of rage and loathing that pair of harridans held for Jeff. He's weird? So what. His designs are dull? So he'll leave before you. Gah! They're nothing but Mean Girls and I can actually design better than both of them without the benefit of any education.

CCL

^ I agree with you about Kim & Genevieve's reaction to Jeff. They should be more concerned with their own designs (and they need to be concerned).
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3366744;
    Genevieve went for the puff-ball looking skirt again. I thought it was a poorly made dress and the combination of colours was quite dreary looking.
    I thought Iman was going to call her on it after she made a point the other week about Genevieve not making the same style of outfit again. Honestly, Genevieve bugs. I understand having your own style, but the challenge was not about what she'd wear out during the day, it was what a "normal" woman would wear.

Kim's was average, imo, so I'm not surprised she landed right in the middle.
    There was nothing new about that dress at all, save the extra long ties she put on the back that might catch in elevator doors on in escalators.
    Ha! I had the exact same thought about the ties and escalators.

Up to this point Jessica hadn't really caught my eye design-wise (only noticed her due to her ludicrous lingo) but her dress this week was perfection. Sunny's was also good, and Adejoke's had potential (wish it had been executed better).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread