+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Canada

Premium Member

Re: Project Runway Canada

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3320916;
    Danio, the guy who left during the first episode for medical reasons has passed away

http://runway.globaltv.com/blogs/blo...7&postid=67443
    OMG, Poor Danio Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3320937;
    OMG, Poor Danio Rest in Peace
    That is so sad. I'm glad he at least got to be on the show. Even if it was for a tiny bit.

Once again, Sunny hits it out of the park. If he keeps it up, this season is a no brainer.

Wow! Even I know who Yves Saint Laurent was!

I'm finally caught up on the episodes.

Christy had to go, she just didn't belong there. I wonder what her portfolio/video were like, and what they saw in her. I guess none of that tells them much about how well a person is going to handle the stress of the challenges, or how they will interact with the other designers.

I really hope Brandon goes soon. His attitude and his huge saucer eyes really grate on me. Jeff seems more like an anime character than a live person. He has Daniel Franco Syndrome: the inability to come up with ideas that he can actually complete in the time alloted.

I kind of prefer the work ethic of Sonny and Baylor: keep your head down and focus on the task. Let the garment speak for you, instead of being all personality but coming up short on the runway each time.

I'm happy to have any kind of new PR to watch, while Harvey Weinstein continues to slowly kill the flagship of the franchise in US courts down here. Heidi and Tim will be in the big tent at Bryant Park this Friday morming, filming the finale for season 6, and nobody knows when or where season 6 is going to air. And I read this week that Heidi will be back in NY in June to start filming season 7! The seasons will just pile up in the corner while Harvey keeps being a stubborn, greedy troll. Sigh.

Anyway, I love Iman's imperiousness as a judge. She is not afraid to give the smackdown to the designers. It's kind of fun the way she treats them as if she was their client, in a way. I love the way she almost drools when she sees a garment that she would love to wear herself.

Overall, It seems like there's only 3 or 4 designers this season who even have a chance. Maybe they need to open up the competition to bordering US states or something.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3329905;
    I'm finally caught up on the episodes. .....

I really hope Brandon goes soon. ....
    You're not quite caught up. One episode behind.

Cheers.

Sunny is one to beat right now. The two outfits went well together, but Sunny is by far the better designer. Makes me nervous that he seems out in front so early. I like him.

I felt sorry for Christie, but she knew she should go. She was honest about her design.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3329694;
    Wow! Even I know who Yves Saint Laurent was!
    It reminds me of Kenley (name?) from the American Project Runway who said she didn't follow what other designers were doing. They should all have an idea at least what is going on in the fashion world, and what has transpired in the past. And YSL was not some obscure designer by any means. Mind you his team leader knew who YSL was and her outfit was not at all YSL-like so...

I liked Sunny & Genevieve's dresses the best. I didn't like Baylor's outfit this week. The right teams were on top and bottom.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I liked Genevieve's dress, not so keen on her attitude.
    She seems to already think she's some kind of fashion icon.
    Cut the diva attitude until you actually make a name for yourself.

I wasn't keen on Baylor's outfit this week either, but that team went in completely the wrong direction imo.
    They were more ready to wear (although no one in their right mind would wear that thing Kin created or the pants Brandon sent down) than couture.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm watching last night's episode right now and had to stop to post - Sunny and Baylor only design for size 0? Well boo frickin' hoo. That explains why I've admired their work but not loved it - they're designing art, not clothing. And Kim? I want to smack the snotty little bitch. And then shear off that half-assed semi-trendoid mullet.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread