+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Canada

Re: Project Runway Canada

I finally got to watch the first ep on Youtube. I really liked a couple of them. The right person went home, but I would have sent lightning bolt home, too.

CCL

Didn't particularly like the winning dress. I liked Sunny's dress the best. Poor Sunny - second place again. Talk about the being the bridesmaid. So far he seems the most talented, especially considering that last week's winner (A?) went completely off the rails this week (the top of her dress looked like it was covered in post-its).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

For the second week in a row, I liked Sunny's the best also. I don't claim to be designer savvy or technically aware of good stiching vs. bad. Although perhaps to my untrained eye it is obvious sometimes. I just know what looks good to me. Adejoke's dress was a disaster. Good analogy re: Post-Its. And I couldn't help but notice that they were not even along the bottom. One Post-It was hanging lower than all the rest by at least a 1/2" if not more.

Is there someone named Baylor is this competition? The guy is getting a non-existent edit.

Re: The urbanisms by (insert name here)...yes,...that will get old fast with me. I do like her, though.

CCL

Uh oh. This fell to page 2 and noone has commented on this week's show. Yikes.
    I thought Christie was to blame for her own ouster despite her blaming Jason and Brian during the show. I liked Sunny's outfit (again) but didn't like the pink on his partner's outfit (and I don't like the fashion judge who is a bit rude in her opinions yet somehow managed to call the pink tulle peach-coloured. Huh?). I also liked Jennifer's outfit.
    Jason's white shirt and red tie reminded me of a car jockey from the 80s. And then he was wearing some white tuque later. I don't know what's up with his personal fashion taste.

I wasn't keen on Baylor's oufit.
    I thought the pants looked well made, but please, enough with the 3/4 length pants. That trend should have died four years ago.
    I rerally didn't like the top at all.
    It made the model look out of proportion to me and the tulle was unnecessary and unflattering, imo.

I was glad Lightning Bolt got the boot. She was too emotional. Watching her made me uneasy because she always looked like she was about to burst into tears.
    "That's Numberwang!"

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3316931;
    I thought the pants looked well made, but please, enough with the 3/4 length pants. That trend should have died four years ago.
    Totally agree.
    And about Lightning Bolt. Didn't she describe her first outfit as being for someone from an alien planet? And this time she wanted to design futuristic sailor pants.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3316920;
    Uh oh. This fell to page 2 and noone has commented on this week's show. Yikes.
    Those of us in the US have to wait for some kind soul to upload it to Youtube to watch it.

I'll comment as soon as that is done and I have time to watch the clips. But I think that Canada and the US (at least) should have an agreement and let people from the other country watch the darn shows on their Websites!

And I had 3/4 pants. I'm short, so they always end up like looking light floods on me.
    Saw the dress episode with that awful stretch thing. Belch. And that too-short, frilly thing? I liked the top two dresses only.
    Last edited by Allie; 02-11-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Didn't love Baylor or Sunny's dresses this week, though the construction was, again, superb. If I were picking a dress for myself, I would have chosen the bottom 2 dress that didn't go home (still can't remember names), had there been enough time to put it together properly. I truly didn't understand the judgement that the colour was unattractive - I personally love, love, love bronzy or coppery browns and think it looks fantastic on those with the right colouring. Plus I've been having a bit of a love affair with ruffles lately.

I too am happy that Lightning Bolt is gone. Her whininess and finger-pointing are intolerable, and if she is that sensitive and unable to deal with stress, then she is a complete and utter moron for having signed up for this show.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Premium Member

Well Christie was dumb anyways to pick Jason as her partner, if they screwed up, which they did ,he had immunity so her butt was going to go home. Besides she was lucky to stay as long as she did, I would have sent her home after episode 1.

Danio, the guy who left during the first episode for medical reasons has passed away

http://runway.globaltv.com/blogs/blo...7&postid=67443
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread