+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Canada

Re: Project Runway Canada

I thought Sunny's was the best, but not quite appropriate for the war museum. Made sense to me that they chose......Artichoke's? Haha, I know that's not her name, but it's close and until I watch a few more episodes, Artichoke it is. (Sorry if you're reading this). Anyway, I thought her's was a close second.

Cheers,

FORT Regular

Is this on American TV anywhere?

I want the jacket Sunny designed. Loved it!!
    The skirt was pretty "meh" though, imo. I think he needed something understated because the jacket was the wow element, but I wasn't keen on the shredded hem of the skirt.
    IIRC, for at least three of the designers, "groundbreaking" = hood

I'm not sure if it's on US tv, tfred. You might have to see if anyone puts it on youtube.
    It's on Global in Canada so you could try their website to see if they put episodes up, but I don't know if you'll be able to watch them in the U.S.
    I frequently can't plays things from U.S. websites
    "That's Numberwang!"

I thought it was a really close call between Sunny and A..., in part because their tailoring was fantastic as well as their designs being decent, not to mention being based on classic lines. If I had been judging, however, I would have sent lightning bolt girl home. Her workmanship and design was pretty much as bad as the girl who went home's was, with the added element of the ridiculous choice of colour and even more ridiculous and costumesque lightning bolt.

ETA: Just read the earlier posts and find that Fluff agrees with me re: lightning bolt girl. That's at least two people who thought that was easily the worst piece of clothing produced.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Premium Member

ITA with all of you that lightning bolt dress sucked. And I really wish Danio had been able to finish his outfit the pics of it would have made a great outfit. And the girl that left yikes the dress was awful too. If two people hadn't already left I would have sent the bottom 3 all home they all sucked.

CCL

It was like Project Runway: Hospital Edition or something. I can't remember their names yet but the A girl and Sunny/Sonny were clearly the best. The guy who was in the bottom 2...he kept going on about his personal style while wearing a white tshirt, blue jeans, and bleached blonde hair. It was like '80s redux. Camilla Prins (the woman who was eliminated) - her name sounds familiar to me for some reason. I enjoyed the guy who sighed when he said he was 41 () and the dark-haired girl from Montreal (the one with the bob) but I can't remember their outfits. Overall the outfits were pretty ho-hum. I agree with others that the lightning bolt one was bottom of the heap (and the designer seems like she is going to grate with her "I'm so quirky!" spiel. Her and the "Hey hey hey" guy).
    Still not sure why they moved the show to Ottawa.
    Also, is this season 2 or 3?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The problem I had with Lightning bolt is that the bolt itself was the only decoration on an incredubly plain dress.
    If the judges could detect the dodgy sewing of the hem then tehy should have beena ble to look beyond the bolt and see that the dress itself could not have been simpler.
    I don't understand why she wasn't booted.
    They asked for groundbreaking and she made a strapless empire line dress.
    Come on!
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hmmm. No one is interested in this show anymore? Anyway, just watched the episode I taped last night and am quite happy that Marguerite was sent packing. Apart from her delightful attitude (I was quite displeased with her comments about her model last week), her dress was, I felt, so trashy that Kelly Bundy would have felt uncomfortable wearing it. Not to mention just how stupid it was she decided to work with an unfamiliar material. I'm not a designer, but I know how difficult working with stretch fabric is.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

It appears she didn't have the skill to handle the fabric she chose.
    Even if it had been brilliantly executed the dress didn't look like it would have been anything special.
    Brandon's was awful too, imo. He was lucky he didn't go bye bye bye along with her. The fact that four people have gone in two weeks might have saved him.

I liked the winning dress and Sunny's "broken glass" applique on his dress, although I wasn't fond of the colour.
    Lightning bolt did a much better job this week, despite her little mini breakdown when it was called "bad bridesmaid".
    I have to give her credit and say she rallied well and ended up with a pretty nice looking garment.
    Adejoke (I think that's her name) went off script with that horrible tin foil and strips creation.
    Iman does not like it when people use the safety of immunity to produce sub-standard work.
    I would not want to face Iman's wrath

My homework for next week is to learn these people's names.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3304586;
    My homework for next week is to learn these people's names.
    Good luck with that . I remember Sunny's name because, well, it's a little unusual but not so unusual that I can't pronounce it, and he does consistently good work. And I remember Marguerite's name because I really could not stand her.

Personally, if I were picking a dress for myself, I would have picked the winning dress. Sunny's workmanship was, per usual, exquisite and his design classic, but the winner was a little more unusual and looked a lot more comfortable (big selling point with me).

ETA: The bigger woman whose name I can't recall seems like a pleasant and fun person, but seriously, she must stop with all the urbanisms - they greatly detract from what could possibly be a decent personality.

+ Reply to Thread