+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tim Gunn's Guide To Style

FORT Fogey

Re: Tim Gunn's Guide To Style

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;2702523;
    The finale is coming up and it can't be too soon IMHO.

I really enjoy Tim on PR, but this show is not up to his own standards. Tired format, cold co-host, and seems like a redo of WNTW.

I think Tim would "make it work" in a more elegant setting. The "subjects" should come to HIM, on his turf, I don't like him rooting thru their closets.

I would like to see them bring in women with a specific question..ie, what to wear on a job interview, what to wear to a high school reunion...and have him perform his magic.

Another idea that might work...bring 3 or 4 women in the same "predicament"....and let Tim style them. ie, Soccer moms, women who just lost a lot of weight, women who normally wear a uniform *nurses, police, military, whatever, women who are recently divorced and starting over.

Oh, and get rid of the sidekick. She adds nothing.
    Agreed, I have been singing this song since the first episode. He does need a side kick to keep him abreast of what is happening on the street, though. As we have seen he is out of touch.

I actually like this show. I also love Tim's expressions at some clothes, or clothing suggestions. Like when Veronica suggested leggings to go under a dress, Tim went. "Aaaargh! I'm sorry, you startled me."
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I'm not hopeful about this epi. I don't enjoy watching whiny women, especially those who have 0 sense about what to put on their bodies. Heaven help us!

I'd like to see "real" women like JeAnne who would like to dress better, but don't know where to start. There are millions of women with closets full of Liz and Jones who would be interested in "moving up" who would be great candidates for the show. How about having Tim go to an office and work with folks who could use a bit more style?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2706833;
    I actually like this show. I also love Tim's expressions at some clothes, or clothing suggestions. Like when Veronica suggested leggings to go under a dress, Tim went. "Aaaargh! I'm sorry, you startled me."
    The fact that he doesn't know that leggings are in and very hip this season alarms me. A huge chunk of Vera Wang's collection is leggings. He seems to have a very narrow and straight view of fashion and hopelessly out of touch of what is going on, on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2713334;
    The fact that he doesn't know that leggings are in and very hip this season alarms me. A huge chunk of Vera Wang's collection is leggings. He seems to have a very narrow and straight view of fashion and hopelessly out of touch of what is going on, on the street.
    Just because something is in style doesn't mean it should be worn lol. I agree with Tim. I hate leggings. They look like you can't make up your mind on if you should wear pants or tights. And I see a lot of clothes on the street that NEED to get off them, like wearing the tongue of your shoes OVER the cuff of your jeans.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2714178;
    Just because something is in style doesn't mean it should be worn lol. I agree with Tim. I hate leggings. They look like you can't make up your mind on if you should wear pants or tights. And I see a lot of clothes on the street that NEED to get off them, like wearing the tongue of your shoes OVER the cuff of your jeans.

When I said on the street I meant off the runway, not fads kids create themselves. He doesn't have to like leggings but in his position he should realize they are a current fashion trend and temper his reaction and guide the client to a current way to wear them. I adore them.

His style is very conservative which is beautiful if that is your taste, it is not mine. I prefer funky and trendy, not over the top, but clothes with an edge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345