+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tim Gunn's Guide To Style

Re: Tim Gunn's Guide To Style

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2629658;
    the assistant in his blog said that the show was going to pick up, but that they had to quit taping so that Tim could work on Project Runway. I don't think they stopped to rework it, but I am hoping that is a result of the hiatus.

The 10 core pieces does need to be explained a bit better, since yes, Veronica wears way more than a core 10 pieces.
    That makes more sense. Ten corse pieces to build your wardrobe upon. Add in belts, different shirts, shoes, mix-and-match.
    Last edited by Allie; 10-26-2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: went on a "which" hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2628846;
    As for the 10 pieces, if you listen closely, Tim says that they are the "core" or "foundation" of a wardrobe. Each piece in the core has multiple uses.
    The sidekick does not seem to be working from a "core." She just looks like a clotheshorse ex-model. Did she ever repeat anything she wore, which would be the definition of using "core" items (although to do so on the show would not make me believe she would do so in real life. I'll bet she has a huge closet full of clothes)? Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. Guess I'm just not "feelin" this show. I will be so glad to see Tim in the next Project Runway!

FORT Fogey

Well this show is back with its final 4 or so episodes that have been in the can so we won't see any format change resulting from feedback until next season, if they renew this show. It has potential but as it stands, not good.

Veronica, perpetually dressed for a garden party, fails to bring anything to the table other than a horrible hair cut and inappropriate clothes.

Tim's gray hair, gray suit and pale skin are not good either. He needs to be styled. Love the guy but a good teeth bleaching and 15 minutes of sun every day will give his skin the vitiman D requirment he lacks.

Bring the clients to him. Ship their clothes as they do in What Not To Wear and let Tim be in a sophistocated studio calling the shots and not personally stuffing clothes into the toss bucket. He is out of place in bedrooms and loses his personal power in doing so. He needs to retain his dignity and be in charge. Get a new sidekick that dresses according to the principals he is teaching.

Okay, done.

FORT Fan

This show was a huge disappointment to me. I can barely watch the episodes I taped, and may not even dvr the new episodes if that one of the police woman is any indication of what we will see. Just Tim and his sidekick laughing at her??

I think the whole premise is a rip off of WNTW and you just can not get around that. I agree that Tim loses his authority and dignity rooting thru closets.

One idea I would have enjoyed would be for a woman to pose a "question" of what to wear to ....a high school reunion, a job interview, an afternoon wedding of a family friend, a first meeting with boyfriend's parents....etc. That would be interesting IMHO.

I am TRULY tired of laughing at the odd clothes of the unusual people that they somehow find for these shows. I also often think that they have picked the very worst stuff they own (or even added some oddball choices) to create humor and drama.

I love Tim on PR but NOT on this show, and I really doubt it will be back for a 2nd season unless totally revamped. This show needs a Makeover big time LOL

Who, me?

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2562568;
    . It's similar to What Not to Wear, but better IMO. He's kinder and cares more about the women than they do on the American version of WNTW. I think his show is more similar to the British version of WNTW and he has what is missing in the American version - compassion and a genuine caring about the person they are helping. I always feel a bit like Stacy thinks the show is about her, not about whomever they are helping. Tim Gunn of course is the opposite. He's delightful. I loved how choked up he got about Auggie (sp?) giving his wife that ring. It was so endearing. Of course my husband and I were tearing up along with everyone else in that room

It makes me want to go buy Tim's book. Or really to have him give my wardrobe a look-over. I'm sure I could use the help. And from someone as nice as he is while being extremely knowledgeable is a great combination.

Overall I thought the show was fantastic.
    THANK YOU for putting my feelings into words. Exactly.

I love this show and look forward to learning from it. The gentle and compassionate Tim paired with a likeable personalitied model: wonderful. I will also be taking a look at his book. I hope this show is a success and stays on for years.

That harpy, snipey beotch What'shername on What Not To Wear turned me off on the first episode of that show that I came across. I change the channel if I'm watching TV and it comes on...but apparently I am in the minority as it's still on and even spawned a spin of for the harpy. Oh well.

FORT Fanatic

While I love Tim Gunn, I couldn't get past the first episode. Veronica Webb ruined it for me. There is just something so off-putting about her personality. Tim may have some of that air about him but he can pull it off because his warmth also shows. With Veronica, I think what you see is what you get.

I just saw the episode with the probation officer. That was probably a good use for Padma Lakshi. I never really liked her as much hosting Top Chef.

I wish the gal had gotten that dark dress with the pleated skirt from Macys. It looked perfect on her.

I wish my Macys had it! Anyone recognize the designer?

I caught a bit of the one with the probation officer and saw her scar. It did not look that bad. Was she in a car accident?? Anyway I hope to catch the rest of the show tonight. Now I love Tim Gunn and am thrilled he has his own show but I am not feeling the love. Hopefully there will some retooling of the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I was stunned that Tim did not know that in black culture a big booty is favorable. Also, to be in fashion and not know that junk in the trunk is favored by MANY more than just black women is astounding. He was also stumped by back fat in a previous episode. That was even worse! How can he not know this?

I love the guy, really I do. I would also like to see him have a show of his own, really I would. But this is just not it.

FORT Fan

The finale is coming up and it can't be too soon IMHO.

I really enjoy Tim on PR, but this show is not up to his own standards. Tired format, cold co-host, and seems like a redo of WNTW.

I think Tim would "make it work" in a more elegant setting. The "subjects" should come to HIM, on his turf, I don't like him rooting thru their closets.

I would like to see them bring in women with a specific question..ie, what to wear on a job interview, what to wear to a high school reunion...and have him perform his magic.

Another idea that might work...bring 3 or 4 women in the same "predicament"....and let Tim style them. ie, Soccer moms, women who just lost a lot of weight, women who normally wear a uniform *nurses, police, military, whatever, women who are recently divorced and starting over.

Oh, and get rid of the sidekick. She adds nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast