+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anchorwoman on FOX

FORT Fogey

Anchorwoman on FOX

Has anyone seen this show it's on Fox. It's kind of a reality tv version of The office or you can say, the Office meets the simple life.

Re: Anchorwoman on FOX

I watched both of the shows last night. I enjoyed it for the most part. I will probably watch the rest of the shows just to see how all of this turns out. Some of the women seemed very rude but that could just be the cut throat world of the news room.
    Holla back!

Is this the one where the blonde model wants to be on TV news? I saw about five minutes of it last night, and thought it was awful. As someone who is in the news business, I'm appalled that any reputable news organization would sell themselves to a reality show in this way. The blonde woman went out on a story with a reporter and would NOT shut up, and they were all getting irritated at her. How any respectable journalistic organization would associate with this sort of thing is beyond me, and I know it's a big topic of discussion, and derision, on TV news people's message boards.
    Last edited by Lucy; 08-23-2007 at 11:40 AM.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midniteblue;2541260;
    Some of the women seemed very rude but that could just be the cut throat world of the news room.
    I didn't see the show. The commercials were enough to keep me away. At first I thought it was a sitcom. When I realized it was a reality show, I was thinking gees, haven't we progressed beyond having weather bunnies on TV? If the women seemed rude, I'm guessing they were actual journalists who were put off by the fact that the station hired what looks like a Grade D "model"/pole dancer to anchor their news program. They probably knew they would have to do extra work to cover for her lack of experience. (Most anchors have many years of experience reporting and know how to report the news, as well as write it--they're not just talking heads in this day and age.)

I don't fault the bleached blonde. She was offered a job opportunity and grabbed it. But what was the news director thinking? If it boosts his ratings, I guess he'll have the last laugh. Otherwise, it's just a sad commentary on the state of news in that city...

FORT Fogey

actually for half time of the show, i thought it was a sitcom ala the office, then i realized it was for real. That station must have had terrible ratings to go this low. the women were quiet rude though (another stereotype i guess)

If my editors had sold out my journalistic integrity, I'd be rude too.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2541266;
    I didn't see the show. The commercials were enough to keep me away. At first I thought it was a sitcom. When I realized it was a reality show, I was thinking gees, haven't we progressed beyond having weather bunnies on TV? If the women seemed rude, I'm guessing they were actual journalists who were put off by the fact that the station hired what looks like a Grade D "model"/pole dancer to anchor their news program. They probably knew they would have to do extra work to cover for her lack of experience. (Most anchors have many years of experience reporting and know how to report the news, as well as write it--they're not just talking heads in this day and age.)

I don't fault the bleached blonde. She was offered a job opportunity and grabbed it. But what was the news director thinking? If it boosts his ratings, I guess he'll have the last laugh. Otherwise, it's just a sad commentary on the state of news in that city...
    Sad trend. If you look at one network, which shall not be named, all the women seem to look like models or at least had serious workk before they were hired. The men? Older, fatter, doesn't matter what they look like.

Won't watch. Don't even really like TV news anymore. But people get what they want. And if people want TV personalities rather than journalists, then gold help us.

FORT Regular

It's been cancelled.
    Fox Cancels Anchorwoman - 8/23/2007 5:15:00 PM - Broadcasting & Cable
    The network will air repeats of Til Death in its place for at least the next three weeks, but those anxious to see how Lauren Jonesí journalism career turned out can do so by catching unaired episodes at FOX.com and via the Fox On Demand service.

Quote Originally Posted by jguitar;2542769;
    Shouldn't have seen the light of day in the first place.

But thanks for the heads up. One less thing I have to snark about on my busy snarking-schedule.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast